• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Something that I want to talk about with all atheists about science and God.

Frank Goad

I think it would be cool if science one day proved jesus is real.Because then I think it would make atheists want to pray to jesus more.When I think of all the atheists that are dying without christ it makes me cry.:cry:

Altfish

Veteran Member
If science proved JC was real; why would I need to pray to him?
Don't worry about atheists we are fine, we don't worry about JC or God because we don't believe they are real. They are man-made inventions.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I think it would be cool if science one day proved jesus is real.Because then I think it would make atheists want to pray to jesus more.When I think of all the atheists that are dying without christ it makes me cry.:cry:

Even if science one day did prove Jesus did existed, the divinity aspect is still problematic.

It's not only atheists that don't view Jesus as divine, or at least any more divine than we are. :)

Samael_Khan

Goosebender

Wait a minute! You claim to believe the Jehovah's Witness religion. JW's see praying to Jesus as blasphemy since they do not view him as God. So why would you want us to pray to him?

Audie

Veteran Member

Science has proved a lot of the bible
is false. What do you do with that information?

syo

Christians believe that the moment someone dies, Jesus appears in front of them and he asks them to join him in heaven, if they are good people. So, don't cry. :)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

What would happen if science proved Jesus was not the guy in the new testament but a really bad guy?

All the atheists along with everyone else have a finite life. After that some believe in a selective afterlife, some don't. If we are talking science then i know my atoms will be of use in the future.

No I don't think it wouldn't force atheists to pray. To an atheist player is a silly idea, most would actually prefer to do something that actually helps the situation.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
What would happen if science proved Jesus was not the guy in the new testament but a really bad guy?
I believe that Jesus was real.
I believe that He was a violent anti-imperial guerrilla, and so got executed by the Romans.
Nowadays we call people like that terrorists.

But the ideology we call "Christianity" was mainly developed by a Roman agent, Saul of Tarsus. Jesus's real followers could hardly admit to associating with a terrorist, because they'd also get crucified. So, St. Paul created a new religion based on what the Apostles were willing to risk telling him about Jesus's Ministry, not what Jesus was really up to.
Tom

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I believe that He was a violent anti-imperial guerrilla, and so got executed by the Romans.

But the ideology we call "Christianity" was mainly developed by a Roman agent, Saul of Tarsus. Jesus's real followers could hardly admit to associating with a terrorist, because they'd also get crucified. So, St. Paul created a new religion based on what the Apostles were willing to risk telling him about Jesus's Ministry, not what Jesus was really up to.
Tom

What evidence led you to that conclusion?

ChristineM

Premium Member

Tom

My thoughts exactly. Add the Fourth Philosophy and the Sicarii and you have my picture of jesus

And i have seen his dads gravestone, no god involved.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
That would require far more than an internet post.
Frankly, the enormous thread required to draw a basic outline is beyond my willingness.
By a lot.
Tom

OK. I am genuinely interested though.

I can actually imagine it being a possibility but the evidence that I know of doesn't lead me there.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
My thoughts exactly. Add the Fourth Philosophy and the Sicarii and you have my picture of jesus

And i have seen his dads gravestone, no god involved.

Are you guys referring to the Zealots who were against the Romans?

For me Jesus shows the signs of being a cult leader who hasn't fully matured in his role. I reach that possible conclusion by learning about modern cult leaders.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
OK. I am genuinely interested though.

I can actually imagine it being a possibility but the evidence that I know of doesn't lead me there.
Let me make this as simple and quick as possible.

The story, as told, is bizarrely implausible and irrational and unevidenced. But as I came to understand the context from which it arose, it started to make some sense. By context, I'm including everything from circumstances of 1st century Judea to the political landscape when some bishops decided what to include in the creed and canon( and what to declare heresy).

Many of Jesus's most pointed Teachings and doings and parables, ( as quoted)that seemed irrational before, started making sense in a way that they hadn't before.
Tom

ChristineM

Premium Member
Are you guys referring to the Zealots who were against the Romans?

For me Jesus shows the signs of being a cult leader who hasn't fully matured in his role. I reach that possible conclusion by learning about modern cult leaders.

Yes.

My view is that JC was the illigitimate son on a roman soldier, his loathing of a bang and run father and the regime he represented soured him early in life. He went on to several anarchist and terror groups.

Christianity was put together long after his death from extracts of Saulus (a roman agent who helped capture JC but later regretted his act) and the life of John the Baptiser, with much goody goody stuff and miracles thrown in to entice the sheep.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Let me make this as simple and quick as possible.

The story, as told, is bizarrely implausible and irrational and unevidenced. But as I came to understand the context from which it arose, it started to make some sense. By context, I'm including everything from circumstances of 1st century Judea to the political landscape when some bishops decided what to include in the creed and canon( and what to declare heresy).

Many of Jesus's most pointed Teachings and doings and parables, ( as quoted)that seemed irrational before, started making sense in a way that they hadn't before.
Tom

I can understand where you are coming from. I can see it as a possibility.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Yes.

My view is that JC was the illigitimate son on a roman soldier, his loathing of a bang and run father and the regime he represented soured him early in life. He went on to several anarchist and terror groups.

Christianity was put together long after his death from extracts of Saulus (a roman agent who helped capture JC but later regretted his act) and the life of John the Baptiser, with much goody goody stuff and miracles thrown in to entice the sheep.

This seems like making random accusations to me.

JC being an illegitimate son of a Roman soldier? Where did you get that from?

I understand that one can say he was a zealot but it is unlikely based on the evidence that we do have. Or at least from evidence that I have seen.