• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question to all members about if Amanaki have been proselyting

Are Amanaki Guilty of proselyting ?

• Yes. And he should resign from forum

• Yes. But he can stay.

• No, I dont feel Amanaki have done wrong.

• No, But he should stop if someone feel he does.

• Maybe He would be better off in different forum.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
If the mods haven't slapped your hand then what's the problem?

I can't speak for Amanaki, but the mods haven't slapped my hand (on that rule) and I share some of his concerns some days about it. Maybe it's just being cautious or pre-emptive.

74x12

I want to be 100% open to all members here, There has been some indication from a few members that they feel me Proselyte about Falun Gong. And since it is against the RF rules, it would be very good both to me and to you if you could be fully honest and say if you feel I have been proselyting to the extent that I should be reported for it (feel free to report me)

What I speak of in this forum are and will be about cultivation of Falun Gong, and some see it as proselyting, I have been given advice from one member (i do not give the name in this thread) that maybe another forum more directly related to Falun Gong would be better for me, and I see this as a good advice.

So I put out a poll. feel free to give an honest poll answer :) I don't get offended if it shows the majority feels I been proselyting. then I just need to agree with mods how they see my future in the forum. (mods, please vote too)
Everyone when discussing anything religious or indeed ideology at all; must engage in "self promotion" That's part of debate and discussion. That's how we hash out ideas by comparing and contrasting.

Real "proselytizing" is something really obvious and blatant. Such as "you should become falun gong".

I think people on this forum should keep that in mind. Otherwise we won't have any discussion left.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I see all Major Faiths have that requirement as well.

Not all Major Faiths.

Some sects within "All Major Faiths" at most

My faith tells me "Only speak if it improves the Silence"

Following this, there is no negative impact of proselytizing

stvdv

What's the point of a debate forum if you're not attempting to convince others you are correct and they should agree with you?
The point of "spiritual debate forum" could be to learn the lesson "drop the arrogant attitude of 'my way is the highway' "

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I can't speak for Amanaki, but the mods haven't slapped my hand (on that rule) and I share some of his concerns some days about it. Maybe it's just being cautious or pre-emptive.

The mods are there to make sure the rules are adhered to (yes i found that out the hard way). If they have not cited you (or Amanaki) for a rule violation then chances are there is no violation.
So maybe you have been sailing close enough to the wind to be concerned but not close enough to go over the edge.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
The mods are there to make sure the rules are adhered to (yes i found that out the hard way). If they have not cited you (or Amanaki) for a rule violation then chances are there is no violation.
So maybe you have been sailing close enough to the wind to be concerned but not close enough to go over the edge.
Who knows? It's wise to not react unless you get a note though.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Good to know you consider Judaism and Hinduism as minor faiths.

It is you that have chosen to respond to me, why? I see adequate evidence for what I offered.

Psalm 96:3 "Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples!"

That is Jewish.

Now as to Hinduism. Are you now offering it can be seen as a specific Faith?

Are there Gurus, Teachers? Do they have followers? What was the need for the Guru's if there is no intention to spread the teaching further?

How about Krishna?
Krishna’s teachings to light your life

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It is you that have chosen to respond to me, why? I see adequate evidence for what I offered.

Psalm 96:3 "Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples!"

That is Jewish.

Are there Gurus, Teachers? Do they have followers? What was the need for the Guru's if there is no intention to spread the teaching further?

How about Krishna?

Regards Tony
I don't want to derail Amanaki's thread. If you want to rehash this further, please start a new thread.

stvdv

What I speak of in this forum are and will be about cultivation of Falun Gong, and some see it as proselyting, I have been given advice from one member (i do not give the name in this thread) that maybe another forum more directly related to Falun Gong would be better for me, and I see this as a good advice.

I did not agree with reply #23. I saw that you liked reply #23. So that might indicate that you have a little proselytizing in you.

But as you already mentioned, proselytizing is not your intention, you have something to work on.

No need to go to a "Falun Gong" only debate. Just learn to control proselytizing.

stvdv

Proselytizing is about "my way is the highway"
This is "so not Hindu tradition"

ChristineM

Premium Member

That is Jewish.

How about Krishna?

Regards Tony

There are far more christian sects than divisions in any other faith (around 50,000 i am lead to believe) so is it a specific faith of 50,000 sub faiths?

Milton Platt

I want to be 100% open to all members here, There has been some indication from a few members that they feel me Proselyte about Falun Gong. And since it is against the RF rules, it would be very good both to me and to you if you could be fully honest and say if you feel I have been proselyting to the extent that I should be reported for it (feel free to report me)

So I put out a poll. feel free to give an honest poll answer :) I don't get offended if it shows the majority feels I been proselyting. then I just need to agree with mods how they see my future in the forum. (mods, please vote too)

I haven't noticed it being so. I think the RF team would have thumped you on the head by now. Anyway, all sorts of religions are discussed, cussed, and dissected on this site. People have to be able to explain why they believe in a particular deity or deities, so proselytizing kinda happens anyway.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Not all Major Faiths.

Some sects within "All Major Faiths" at most

My faith tells me "Only speak if it improves the Silence"

Following this, there is no negative impact of proselytizing

It is great you practice what your Faith Teaches. You talk and share when the audience is receptive, well done you are here and sharing.

Regards Tony

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
The point of "spiritual debate forum" could be to learn the lesson "drop the arrogant attitude of 'my way is the highway' "

But even that is the promotion of a spiritual view. :shrug:

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There are far more christian sects than divisions in any other faith (around 50,000 i am lead to believe) so is it a specific faith of 50,000 sub faiths?

It is specific to the Writings they have embraced.

To share when an audience is found. To be silent when there is not.

RegardsTony

ChristineM

Premium Member
It is specific to the Writings they have embraced.

To share when an audience is found. To be silent when there is not.

RegardsTony

Ahh the many, many different versions of the bible. Different interpretations of those different bibles are the reasons for all the schisms

A willing audience, that is paramount