• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question regarding slavery.

No*s

Captain Obvious
ness said:
ohhhhhh I like that one can I use it ? :)

The queastion of wether they are or not is one in wich I had never heard until now.
One I will never believe regardless.
The only ppl responsible for slavery is the white man.]

IMO

Use away. It isn't mine ;). Use it and stamp on the roaches.

No, I'd not heard this claim before, but it's a sick, twisted claim. And yes, the white man is almost completely responsible for the slavery in this country.

fromthe heart

I know we ALL (i hope) view slavery as 'never should have happened and awful' but I think it began because of the wealthy who had the money to purchase another human to do their grunt work. It became IMO due to there was a market for it so the old supply and demand factor came into being. In the Bible slaves were NOT to be mistreated...this mistreatment came from AMERICANS...whether they were white or jewish or oriental or what but I believe that originally the slaves in America were here by the white race who some were very abusive...more in the south than in the north but all in all slaves should NEVER have been abused either physical,mental, or sexual.

To hear that this is yet another subject being flung at the Jewish people makes me furious!!! I'm sick to death of the hate of the Jews...as well as other not-well-liked races. Well, those who hate are guilty of the sin of murder I don't care who they are!

Please forgive my outrage and if I said anything to offend anyone it was NOT intended to.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Slavery has existed in one form or another in every culture at on time.
It is older than the Jewish people and still continues in parts of the world today.
Slavery was a part of pre-christian Europe, it was a part of Pre-slavetrade Africa, it was part of Aztec culture, Anchient Greece and Roman Empire, and so one and so forth ad infinitum.

As long as one person is willing to exert total power and dehumanization over another there will be slavery. :(

You frankly cant talk about the African Slave trade without talking about the previous White Slave trade in Europe. They are intimately tied together. It wouldn't have been as easy to accept the African slave trade if slavery didn't already have such a long 'traditional' background in the European mindset.

All humanity is responcible for the history of Slavery, and we are all responible for stoping it today and in the future.

wa:do

jewscout

Religious Zionist
**takes a deep calming breath**

ok first off...these neo-nazi scum bags wouldn't know what real academia was if it sat up and bit them in the family jewels!
second...the real authorities on the history of the Atlantic World WOULD IN NO WAY TIE JUDAISM TO THE ATLANTICE SLAVE TRADE!!

Read Atlantic Slave Trade David Northrup (editor)
Unfree Labour in the Development of the Atlantic World Paul E. Lovejoy, Nicholas Rogers
The Atlantic Slave Trade Herbert Klein, Stuart Short

those are just for starters there is a wealth of knowledge on the slave trade...
This chattel slavery was motivated by the emergence of the Sugar boom from the island of Barbados and nations like England, France, Netherlands, and Spain lined their pockets with the gold that sugar brought in. Africans were cheap labor, it was called the economy of theft for a reason! Native Americans were not numerous enough to work the fields and a Pan-europeanist mindset coupled with the problems that endentured servitude presented caused "white slavery" to go to the way side leave it open for the theft and rape of the African continent.
The Jews, The Jews, The Jews...
you know what where the HELL were the christians at when this was going on? You want to know where?? GETTING RICH!!
read Eric Williams' ground breaking work Capitalism and Slavery...Williams shows how the abolitionist movement only gained momentum when the trade that was tied to slavery and the African slave trade became more of an economic problem than an economic cash cow...Williams' thesis on how the Slave trade fueled the industrial revolution in England has stood up to the test since it first emerged in the 1940's

Pinning this garbage on the Jews is a long long history of pinning everything on the jews and pretending like "your people" had nothing to do w/ it so you can maintain the noblity and honor of the White race!!!:mad:

jewscout

Religious Zionist
**sits cross legged to try to relax chanting**

lama, lama, lama, lama, lama, lama, lama, lama, lama,lama, lama, lama...

jewscout

Religious Zionist
The problem is these fools talk alot of smack about Judaism and yet know very little about it...
Or that there is a difference between someone who is "ethnically jewish" and someone who is an observant religious Jew

ness

Come to think of it , its funny this post came up ... I live in Christiana Pa a place where the motto of our town is "Freedom Started Here" The same place where the Christiana Riot took place ( I might add not to far from my home. In fact I can see it from my back yard)

There are a set of train tracks that run back in that area and at the foot of one part of the hill the tracks sit on are 3 small tunnel like openings, I have taken photos and am planning on exploring the possability that maybe just maybe the trail for the Underground Railroad came through here.

( Sorry I went off topic just wanted to state something I find interesting :) )

Master Vigil

I live in Pa also ness. :D I used to live in Monongahela, and the underground railroad was big there. We still have churches with tunnels that lead down to the river, so the slaves could catch ferries to the west.

ness

Master Vigil said:
I live in Pa also ness. :D I used to live in Monongahela, and the underground railroad was big there. We still have churches with tunnels that lead down to the river, so the slaves could catch ferries to the west.
I have no idea where Monongahela is lol Im originally from Canada and have only been here for 4 + yrs. I find all of that part of history very intruiging (sp)?

I love living here though it is a beautifull country

Master Vigil

Monongahela is about an hour south of pittsburgh. It lies on the Monongahela river (go figure). Right now I live in Greensburg, which is about 40 minutes east of Monongahela.

Melody

fromthe heart said:
In the Bible slaves were NOT to be mistreated...this mistreatment came from AMERICANS...
Let's not limit it to just Americans. If I remember my Western Civ classes in college, the British also mistreated their "slaves". Did they not send many of their own citizens off to the tropics as slaves where they were abused. Not indentured servants but slaves who had no hope of ever being free.

ness

Master Vigil said:
Monongahela is about an hour south of pittsburgh. It lies on the Monongahela river (go figure). Right now I live in Greensburg, which is about 40 minutes east of Monongahela.

LOL well the fact that is lies on the Monongahela river should have given its whereabouts away right? :p
I dont know where Greesnburg is either I know where Philadelphia and where Washington PA are and of course my surrounding areas. Not to say Ive never gotten lost in Lcancaster but now were getting off topic:eek:

ness

No it is not just the Amercians unfortunetly its white man in general.

If it says in the bible that slaves were not mistreated.. what would you call what they went through?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Melody said:
Let's not limit it to just Americans. If I remember my Western Civ classes in college, the British also mistreated their "slaves". Did they not send many of their own citizens off to the tropics as slaves where they were abused. Not indentured servants but slaves who had no hope of ever being free.
Some of the Irish i believe were slaves but the majority of Europeans who came here were endentured servants or prisoners...it used to be in Britian they would "Barbados you", which meant your sentence was to work the cane fields of Barbados, a cruel fate indeed.

America was not the only country to mistreat the African Slaves, without a doubt...but the worst place to work if you were a slave was on a sugar cane field...especially in Brazil...
The average life expectancey for many of the Africans was about 6 months...which is why about 9-10 million of them were brought over here, mostly to Brazil and the carribean.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
ness said:
No it is not just the Amercians unfortunetly its white man in general.

If it says in the bible that slaves were not mistreated.. what would you call what they went through?
Slavery existed in all facets of ancient society, though that doesn't excuse it.
the type of slavery that went on here in the New World was a totally different form of slavery than what was refered to in the Torah, most of which is closer to endentured service for a contract of 7 years. The Chattel slavery of the Americas was a unique phenomenon which incorporated facets of racism and ethnocentrism not found in most other froms of slavery...
But to say the causes of the African Slave trade were from Judaism or the Jews exclusivley, absolving all others, is ridiculous and unfounded!!:mad:

ness

jewscout said:
Slavery existed in all facets of ancient society, though that doesn't excuse it.
But to say the causes of the African Slave trade were from Judaism or the Jews exclusivley, absolving all others, is ridiculous and unfounded!!:mad:

I agree with you on that point 100000000000000000 %

ness

The cause of African slavery = the laziness of the white man and the need to feel superior.
IMO:canadian:

almifkhar

benjamin as far as slavery goes, every culture has enslaved another culture. the fault of slavery here in the new world as far as my knowledge goes is that our white europeen fat cats got in the slave market to line their pockets. and i was always under the thinking that they were christian not jewish (or so they claimed). as far as the nazi goes he makes one mistake it is not jews who are the bad guys it is the zionist who are. nazis catalog them as one and the same cause the zoinist like to hide under juddaism when the fact is that they are athiest who hide under the flag of religion for political ends. for this jews are hated and it is not fair. as far as the jewish pope goes that is the first time i have ever heard of it but it would be worth looking into to see if it is true or not i guess. rothchild family are fat cat aristocats who are into banking on a grand scale and in fact are one of the richest families in the world. it is said that they played a major part in the ww1 and ww2 and helped in the foundations of zionism. check out jewsnotzionist.org for information on this family. now i understand why these white power peoples hate cathloics too referring to the jewish pope thing??/. i always wondered why but you answered that question for me. sometimes it is a good thing to talk to people who think differently cause this way you can find out what others think and compare it to your own opinions. wether or not you agree with them or if what they say is intellegent or not. it is still good debate and you never know maybe you can alter their opinion and force them to look at the bigger picture referring to those who are closed minded.