• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question regarding slavery.

benjamin

I know, I know. Antisemitism always will blame the Jews for all the evils in this world. I have I question regarding slavery:

Antisimetic people contend that slavery in the Americas during the 1800's was responsibilty of the Jewish people. I just want to make up my mind on what is true and it's not. I'm not antisemitic myself. It's absurd to hate people based on ethnicity alone. Maybe someone can give me a link to find more information.

Thanks. :)

ness

Wow this is something I have never heard before very interesting yet I have come to understand it that Slavery was the fault of all white man, regardless of religion.
Definetly keeping my eye on this thread.
I agree with you Benjamin on the point you made that it is " absurd to hate people based on ethnicity alone"
In my own opinion to hate someone based on that alone is a very uneducated thought process.

benjamin

Yes, I was having a discussion with a Nazi in another forum. You know blaming the Jews for this and for that. And that idea popped into my mind to mention the the evils of the whites against the white race durings the 1800's. He began explaining to me how a guy named Rotschild, was behind all of this. Being a "Jew", and also mentioned that the worst persecutions of the catholic church, like during the inquisitons were donde under a Jewsih pope.

We need to clarify all of these points beyond doubt. It's not only a matter of intellectual excellency but of truth also.

Be of good cheer.

ness

Can I ask why? Seriously a Nazi or an Arian member or KKK member ... All close minded people in my opinion. They have never and will never believe that the white man is not above any one else.
You are a better person that I am for one reason ( there might be more lol :) ) and that reason is that in no way could I sit and listen to a point of view that is full of hatred, I just could not sit back and listen to someone spew hatred ( and ignorance ) without blowing my top. :bonk: So cudo's to you.:)

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
My great, great (great?) grandfather was not Jewish. He was a devout Christian and a captain of a slave ship. It's one of my greatest embarrassments, especially since I look just like the man (from a painting).

The slaves adopted the religion of their masters... and there aren't too many stories of them singing a shabat. No, they adopted Christianity, at first to appease their masters and then as a way of escaping the horrors that confronted them. Slavery has it's roots in mesopotamia and even Egypt where the Isrealites were enslaved by Pharoah. Tell your Nazi friend to go buy a book, and a clue! Instead of dealing with internet conspiracies, he would do better to do some actual research. Tell him to be prepared to change his outlook on life though. The truth has a way of exploding myths, and it sounds as if he is living one.

ness

NetDoc said:
Tell your Nazi friend to go buy a book, and a clue! Instead of dealing with internet conspiracies, he would do better to do some actual research. Tell him to be prepared to change his outlook on life though. The truth has a way of exploding myths, and it sounds as if he is living one.
:jam: awesome post NetDoc

No*s

Captain Obvious
benjamin said:
I know, I know. Antisemitism always will blame the Jews for all the evils in this world. I have I question regarding slavery:

Antisimetic people contend that slavery in the Americas during the 1800's was responsibilty of the Jewish people. I just want to make up my mind on what is true and it's not. I'm not antisemitic myself. It's absurd to hate people based on ethnicity alone. Maybe someone can give me a link to find more information.

Thanks. :)

It isn't the responsibility of the Jews in any way, shape, or fashion. It was a result of economic demands over here and practices such as indentured servitude. Blaming it on the Jews is disgusting, and the claim is absurd. Sadly, I don't have a link, but any good history of slavery in America would give you the information.

benjamin

Sorry, i made a mistake, i should've written against the BLACK RACE, not agaisnt the white race in the 1800's

benjamin

ness said:
Can I ask why? Seriously a Nazi or an Arian member or KKK member ... All close minded people in my opinion. They have never and will never believe that the white man is not above any one else.
You are a better person that I am for one reason ( there might be more lol :) ) and that reason is that in no way could I sit and listen to a point of view that is full of hatred, I just could not sit back and listen to someone spew hatred ( and ignorance ) without blowing my top. :bonk: So cudo's to you.:)
Sorry, sorry, sorry. I made a mistake. I meant Against the black race. A typing mistake.:bonk:

jewscout

Religious Zionist
:mad: I am disgusted at this thread i actually feel physically ill

Michel i can't believe you posted such garbage

the atlantic slave trade has nothing to do w/ the Jewish faith and everything to do w/ the sugar revolution of barbados.
Read Eric Williams' Captialism and Slavery
the slavery drescribed in the Torah and the horribly abusive chattell slavery of the New World are totally different!!

urgggg argggggg grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
ok i'm gonna go now and i'll be back when i have a clear head:mad: :banghead3

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
ness said:
May I ask why you cannot "discuss" it?
curiousity killed the cat ;)
My mistake; I became confused with 'same faith debates' - I will never manage to 'get that one right'.:)

benjamin

jewscout said:

the atlantic slave trade has nothing to do w/ the Jewish faith and everything to do w/ the sugar revolution of barbados.
the slavery drescribed in the Torah and the horribly abusive chattell slavery of the New World are totally different!!

We know, we know. But the antisemitics, you know how they are, absurd and idiotic beyond sense. We must clarify these things for truths sake.

ness

benjamin said:
Sorry, sorry, sorry. I made a mistake. I meant Against the black race. A typing mistake.:bonk:
LOL no problem its ok, I also was speaking of slavery against the black race ;) although I failed to mention it as well lol.
However slavery agains any race is wrong, I still cannot see how the Jewish are responsible for the Blacks becomming slaves???

This is for sure a hot topic one of wich Im sure will have many different views.

No*s

Captain Obvious
ness said:
LOL no problem its ok, I also was speaking of slavery against the black race ;) although I failed to mention it as well lol.
However slavery agains any race is wrong, I still cannot see how the Jewish are responsible for the Blacks becomming slaves???

This is for sure a hot topic one of wich Im sure will have many different views.

They aren't. The very claim is a racist lie. Shine a light on this, and you'll see claims about hidden Jewish conspiracies, the aforementione Rothschild, and several other things, but never any evidence. Even more, slavery predates Rothschild by a long shot.

Shine the light, and watch the roaches scurry. They haven't got a leg to stand on, and sin loves the darkness.

ness

No*s said:
Shine the light, and watch the roaches scurry. They haven't got a leg to stand on, and sin loves the darkness.

ohhhhhh I like that one can I use it ? :)

The queastion of wether they are or not is one in wich I had never heard until now.
One I will never believe regardless.
The only ppl responsible for slavery is the white man.]

IMO

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
jewscout said:

I'm sorry, Jewscout - I really did not mean to upset 'anyone' - especially you. I was surprised myself at the thread title, I am still naive enough to believe that 'I read it in the papers, so it must be true'.
If you look back at my previous posts, you should find that I have always maintained that I consider History has always been 'hard' on the Jews. I have always felt what I know cannot be true 'empathy', but is as near as can be, for your people. Please accept my apologies, I am genuinely sorry for 'hurting' you.:eek:

linwood

and also mentioned that the worst persecutions of the catholic church, like during the inquisitons were donde under a Jewsih pope.

I really think this last statement is all you need.
What the hell is a "Jewish Pope"?