• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question forEnvironmentalist on Keystone Pipeline

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Alberta relies on its oil to pad its coffers--we really have nothing else. Without that, we would have to go back to mining coal. We'd be poorer than Prince Edward Island.

Wirey

Fartist
Alberta relies on its oil to pad its coffers--we really have nothing else. Without that, we would have to go back to mining coal. We'd be poorer than Prince Edward Island.

Not to mention that right now, we are the Promised Land. Speaking as someone who used to be one poor, broke Haligonian, I love it here. the people are industrious (if a little more straight laced than I'd like), the land is beautiful, and my kids have a chance to at least do as well as me. Everyone outside Alberta who can claim that for their entire community, please raise your hand.

That said, the shift to environmentally-friendly sources of power will eventually turn this boom into a sideshow. The US allowing China to build a gigantic strategic reserve of Alberta oil won't change it, but it will hurt the US in the short term through job creation and loss of revenue (refined gas is a valuable commodity to have).

Alceste

Vagabond
You mean bluer. Red is Liberal. And we have eco-weenies. But as soon as they find out they don't qualify for Employment Insurance because of all the work, they move back to Vancouver. :D

I know, I have been watching too many US elections. We should have another to dispel my confusion. I realized my mistake, but I like the phrase "redder than a baboon's bum cheeks" so I decided I was talking about their necks.

Fun fact: for a while the conservatives dealt with the problem of homelessness by giving street people free bus tickets to Vancouver. Their logic was that it's less likely they will freeze to death out here. That's what you get for having a drunk for a premiere for decades.