• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

question for you all

exchemist

Veteran Member
What do you think of bigfoot and the chupacabra?I think they might exist.But I would need proof.:)
I think the first is almost certainly a myth, like the Loch Ness monster or the Abominable Snowman. I've never heard of the second.

There are quite a few anecdotally reported phenomena for which it seems to be impossible to get reproducible evidence. It makes sense to be sceptical about these, but to be open-minded enough to realise that something real may lie at the bottom of some of the stories, about some of them. Ball lightning is a case in point.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
What do you think of bigfoot and the chupacabra?I think they might exist.But I would need proof.:)
Yes for Bigfoot.

Maybe for Chupacabra but I think multiple things have been put under the one name Chupacabra.

Rational Agnostic

I don't believe in them because there is no evidence of their existence. If bigfoot existed, there would almost certainly be many of them and not just one--it would have to be a species of ape rather than a single animal.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Alien abductions might be true. Ghosts, etc.

I've never experienced anything like that. If I do, I might have a reason to believe in it. Right now, I have no reason to believe in any of it.

Even seeing is not necessarily proof, but at least it'd give you some reason to consider the possibility.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
[QUOTE="Frank Goad, post: 6729831, member: 65563"
1) ]What do you think of bigfoot and the chupacabra?
2)I think they might exist.
3)But I would need proof.:)[/QUOTE]
1) My understanding is that they are not dating. They're just good friends.
2) There is some evidence to suggest that they astrally project into the homes of people who are attuned to astral projection and completely devour them.
3) So, what kind of proof would you accept?

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
Bigfoot is a myth, but the chupacabra was real until it was accidentally trampled by Bigfoot.

A lot of people believe in one or the other. But there is no evidence that either of these exist. Myth.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender

Not sure. Bigfoot could be a myth like the Gorilla used to be. European people thought a human like monster with huge arms was just a myth until they discovered Gorilla's in Africa.

The Chupacabra would be an interesting find.

You should look into cryptozoology and check out which creatures actually turned out to be real.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Unlikely. To be sustainable, you'd need a decent population of them. Otherwise, even if they once were real, they'd simply die out.

Minimum viable population - Wikipedia

So look for areas which could sustain a couple of hundred bigfoots, and start there.

The sea is quite possibly home to large, exotic creatures we are unaware of, due to our relatively lower levels of exploration and exploitation.

Frank Goad

But you said...

I asked why you think they might exist.

I believe they might exist because they sound like they are real.And because it would be easy to prove if they were real(like catch them in a cage if it would be possible).:)