• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

question for you all

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Why do people want to do divination so bad these days?:confused:What is there to gain from it?
Its a great way to sell books. Another word for it is 'Soothsaying'. You sooth people, and then they're easy to squeeze$$

February-Saturday

Devil Worshiper
I don't. No one I know cares about divination. To me there is nothing to gain from it.

I think almost all contemporary religions practice some form of divination, they probably just don't realize that's what they're doing. Every time somebody prays to God for a sign or for an answer, or meditates to deepen their understanding, that's technically divination.

LightofTruth

Why do people want to do divination so bad these days?:confused:What is there to gain from it?
It's not easy to determine exactly what the word "divination" means in scripture. But it seems to relate to some type of prophecy or witchcraft whereby one would attempt to predict the future. Much like palm readers or tea readers today.
It's opposed to the idea of "if it be Your will" we will do this or that.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

There are so many types of divination. I have deceased loved ones I talk to and so forth-not more of a practice and religion or anything like that. To gain? Depends on your relationship with them. Tarot cards, seances, and all of that I guess how it works depends on the person who uses it. Many from most religions use some form of divination (though not all call it that). Prayer can be seen as divination-especially those one felt came true.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Google gave for divination:"the practice of seeking knowledge of the future or the unknown by supernatural means."

Quest for Truth has been there for ages. Truth is unknown (hence the Quest). It's obvious you don't find the spiritual truth by "normal means (senses)", hence I am not surprised they try "Supernatural means"

@Frank Goad: "What do you think yourself, why they try divination these days?"

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
There is a spiritual hole in every person. You have to fill it with something. My view is simply Jesus is the one who fills all in all.

Frank Goad

Google gave for divination:"the practice of seeking knowledge of the future or the unknown by supernatural means."

Quest for Truth has been there for ages. Truth is unknown (hence the Quest). It's obvious you don't find the spiritual truth by "normal means (senses)", hence I am not surprised they try "Supernatural means"

@Frank Goad: "What do you think yourself, why they try divination these days?"

I think people mainly try to use divination they days for power over their lives.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

Divination is another way to make sense of the chaos of the world around you. The world is constant potential in flux, divination allows you to dip your toes in the water and see which way the current is flowing.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I think people mainly try to use divination they days for power over their lives.
@Frank Goad
Divination is a nice word: a)Speaking truth + b)Living a life inspired by God's guidance (which is Truth)

I think such an attitude is the best way to gain "power over my life". Nothing wrong with that, even good