• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for those with ADHD

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I inspire people to strengthen their body, and strengthen their mind. I inspire people to be more than they are, rather then settling for less. I inspire people to rise up off the ground and fight, rather than lay there, defeated.

Call it what you will.
I call it bootstrap logic. 'Pull yourself up by your bootstraps' being a phrase originally describing something physically impossible that was taken up by people mischarachterizing the problem as a matter of will or investment.

Understanding that some problems need outside aid =/= giving up or being defeated. It just means you aren't self-limiting by setting unreasonable standards for yourself. I got so much more done when I stopped trying to 'mind over matter' ADHD.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I inspire people to strengthen their body, and strengthen their mind. I inspire people to be more than they are, rather then settling for less. I inspire people to rise up off the ground and fight, rather than lay there, defeated.

Call it what you will.
I call it **** because working with oneself will get you much than working against yourself. It doesn't mean giving in, giving up, or being weak, it means using a crutch to get up and move with a bum leg and live without the extra and needless hassle of painfully waddling and limping around without, or worse and doing nothing but sitting there.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Call it what you will.

It's good to encourage people to work on their physical and mental strength/health, but it's not realistic to believe that psychological and neurological conditions are something you can simply snap out of. Take war veterans or rape victims who suffer from PTSD, for example. They can do things to make it easier to manage, but psychological scars never fully disappear.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I call it **** because working with oneself will get you much than working against yourself. It doesn't mean giving in, giving up, or being weak, it means using a crutch to get up and move with a bum leg and live without the extra and needless hassle of painfully waddling and limping around without, or worse and doing nothing but sitting there.
I never understood what folk have against something being a crutch. If i break my leg im damn sure going to use a crutch.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
It's good to encourage people to work on their physical and mental strength/health, but it's not realistic to believe that psychological and neurological conditions are something you can simply snap out of. Take war veterans or rape victims who suffer from PTSD, for example. They can do things to make it easier to manage, but psychological scars never fully disappear.
Yeah i can't step out of having cptsd for sure. It got triggered the other day working with the kids at a daycare. I had an emotional flashback. It was not fun. I'll probably have more of those while at work before I figure out how to deal with it at work.

pearl

Edit: I'm on Vyvanse btw, but I don't take it every day. I mostly take it for things like driving because on long trips I'll start watching birds fly over the car and stuff.

Interesting you should mention that. My grandson is afraid to get his driving license for fear of being distracted, or overreacting. He has a difficult time controlling his temper and has learned to walk away. Has a difficult time with too many people all talking, he cannot follow.