• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for the religious: How do you determine which supernatural beliefs to believe?

ecco

Veteran Member
Ignoring all the recent nonsense, I'd like to address the original question

I'm glad you said "nearly"! The concept of the "supernatural" is characteristic of monotheists, who concieve of their god as standing outside nature. Like most polytheists, I worship gods who belong to the same cosmos as me.
So how to I determine what religious beliefs to hold? By the same logical processes that I use to determine which scientific or historical beliefs to accept.

Thus it is a fact that some people have the power to heal: they have been scientifically investigated.
That's a very confusing post. You imply that you, being a polytheist, hold no supernatural views.

Then you admit you worship gods and believe in faith healing. Both of those require belief in the supernatural.

Rational Agnostic

It's the opposite of the saying "tough skin", meaning that a person has endured hardship, so the are not easily offended or led by emotion.

It just means the person is sensitive, or easily triggered. Having tough skin means the person isn't as sensitive or easily triggered.

Lol. If anyone is "triggered," it's you.

GoodbyeDave

That's a very confusing post. You imply that you, being a polytheist, hold no supernatural views. Then you admit you worship gods and believe in faith healing. Both of those require belief in the supernatural.
I pointed out that "supernatural" means outside or beyond the natural world and that I worship gods which are immanent in the natural world. If that confuses you, I can do nothing for you but sympathise.