• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for the religious: How do you determine which supernatural beliefs to believe?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
You have not considered the following:

[Qur'an 2:20] ...And if Allah willed, He could have taken away their hearing and their sight. Certainly, Allah has power over all things.

[Qur'an 74:31] And We have set none but angels as guardians of the Fire, and We have fixed their number (19) only as a trial for the disbelievers, in order that the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) may arrive at a certainty [that this Quran is the truth as it agrees with their Books i.e. their number (19) is written in the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] and the believers may increase in Faith (as this Quran is the truth) and that no doubts may be left for the people of the Scripture and the believers, and that those in whose hearts is a disease (of hypocrisy) and the disbelievers may say: "What Allah intends by this (curious) example ?" Thus Allah leads astray whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And none can know the hosts of your Lord but He. And this (Hell) is nothing else than a (warning) reminder to mankind.

The underlined emphasises an important and overlooked principle.

I reject the existence of your deity, so the versus are meaningless to me. They are a fairy tale told to keep believers in line.

And Allah says:

[Qur'an 3:7] It is He Who has sent down to you (Muhammad) the Book (this Quran). In it are Verses that are entirely clear, they are the foundations of the Book [and those are the Verses of Al-Ahkam (commandments, etc.), Al-Fara'id (obligatory duties) and Al-Hudud (legal laws for the punishment of thieves, adulterers, etc.)]; and others not entirely clear. So as for those in whose hearts there is a deviation (from the truth) they follow that which is not entirely clear thereof, seeking Al-Fitnah (polytheism and trials, etc.), and seeking for its hidden meanings, but none knows its hidden meanings save Allah. And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: "We believe in it; the whole of it (clear and unclear Verses) are from our Lord." And none receive admonition except men of understanding.

The thing is, you haven't seen anything. Also, I said Kaafir, not infidel, and being a person of infidelity is not a badge of honor. If your infidelity is to your Creator, then you have clearly labeled yourself as an untrustworthy person. Someone who is an "infidel" to his Lord, then what does this say about his dealings with people? You clearly do not consider the implication of your speech beyond your limited insight and intellect.

I very much consider the implications of my beliefs and my speech, which is why I publicly reject the views you present. I am a very trustworthy person, but one that does not believe in mythical, supernatural beings.

And this is clear in the fact that you took the term kaafir as an insult (because you assumed that I was insulting you), when kufr is (disbelief) and a Kaafir is a disbeliever.

So if this is your knee-jerk reaction, what reason and logic do you really possess? You reject as you please, when Allah rejects you on the Day of Regrets, what will you say then? And whatever it may be will be of no consequence.

I don't believe in your Allah. He is a myth invented like all other beliefs in a supernatural. So your threads of a Day of Regrets scare me no more than those who argue for Ragnarok.

As for reason and logic, I stand by mathematics and science as ways to discover truth. They have shown their abilities to arrive at valid conclusions. On the other hand, faith has shown to be unreliable and leading to falsehoods and horrid injustices.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
According to you.

In your mind.

Not just me, but many great thinkers. And not just my mind, but in the minds of many good and thoughtful people.

Disbelief is neither reasonable nor taken seriously.

Disbelief in myths and the supernatural are reasonable and *should* be taken seriously. That they are not is why many places in this world have so many problems. If those in the Middle East would learn to think outside of their religions, the world would be much happier and safer.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
[Qur'an 6:12] ...Indeed He will gather you together on the Day of Resurrection, about which there is no doubt. Those who destroy themselves will not believe.

Convince me otherwise.

Why? You present nothing other than your book of myths. You have failed to even show that your Allah even exists, let alone that the Koran is a reliable piece of writing.

Until you show the existence of Allah and that the Koran is reliable, no quotes or claims of such are based on logic.

And, you have already stated that you won't listen to any logic that goes against your beliefs. So nothing I say can convince you: you have armored yourself against logic and reason.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I don't believe in anything paranormal for sure. The only times I've ever thought seriously about it were from personal experiences. It just seems so much like words from advertising ... heavily distorted to the positive, and an entire load of BS. And totally unnecessary to making anyone a better person.

Basically ... So what? If you really think some miracle proves anything at all.

Last edited:
I reject the existence of your deity, so the versus are meaningless to me. They are a fairy tale told to keep believers in line.

[Qur'an 6:25] And of them there are some who listen to you; but We have set veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they see every one of the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) they will not believe therein; to the point that when they come to you to argue with you, the disbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the men of old."

I very much consider the implications of my beliefs and my speech, which is why I publicly reject the views you present. I am a very trustworthy person, but one that does not believe in mythical, supernatural beings.

The fact that you have to exclaim that you are a trust worthy person is supect in of itself. Especially as an argument in a forum online.

I don't believe in your Allah. He is a myth invented like all other beliefs in a supernatural. So your threads of a Day of Regrets scare me no more than those who argue for Ragnarok.

[Qur'an 7:176] And had We willed, We would surely have elevated him therewith but he clung to the earth and followed his own vain desire. So his description is the description of a dog: if you drive him away, he lolls his tongue out, or if you leave him alone, he (still) lolls his tongue out. Such is the description of the people who reject Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.). So relate the stories, perhaps they may reflect.

As for reason and logic, I stand by mathematics and science as ways to discover truth. They have shown their abilities to arrive at valid conclusions. On the other hand, faith has shown to be unreliable and leading to falsehoods and horrid injustices.

[Qur'an 6:148] Those who took partners (in worship) with Allah will say: "If Allah had willed, we would not have taken partners (in worship) with Him, nor would our fathers, and we would not have forbidden anything (against His Will)." Likewise belied those who were before them, (they argued falsely with Allah's Messengers), till they tasted of Our Wrath. Say: "Have you any knowledge (proof) that you can produce before us? Verily, you follow nothing but guess and you do nothing but lie."

Why? You present nothing other than your book of myths. You have failed to even show that your Allah even exists, let alone that the Koran is a reliable piece of writing.

Until you show the existence of Allah and that the Koran is reliable, no quotes or claims of such are based on logic.

And, you have already stated that you won't listen to any logic that goes against your beliefs. So nothing I say can convince you: you have armored yourself against logic and reason.

And you have armored yourself against belief.

[Qur'an 17:90-94] And they say: "We shall not believe in you (O Muhammad), until you cause a spring to gush forth from the earth for us; Or you have a garden of date-palms and grapes, and cause rivers to gush forth in their midst abundantly; Or you cause the heaven to fall upon us in pieces, as you have pretended, or you bring Allah and the angels before (us) face to face; Or you have a house of adornable materials (like silver and pure gold, etc.), or you ascend up into the sky, and even then we will put no faith in your ascension until you bring down for us a Book that we would read." Say (O Muhammad): "Glorified (and Exalted) be my Lord (Allah) above all that evil they (polytheists) associate with Him! Am I anything but a man, sent as a Messenger?" And nothing prevented men from believing when the guidance came to them, except that they said: "Has Allah sent a man as (His) Messenger?"

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Ye, Joseph Smith, that is correct, and was an error on my part. As for the omission of Jesus Christ from the LDS title, it was deliberate because Jesus did not, in any way whatsoever preach Mormonism.
As if you'd know. All you know is a bunch of lies you've read on the internet, but you are evidently stupid enough and gullible enough to believe them.

As for the gold plates, 11 individuals? Who are they, by name?
(1) Oliver Cowdery, (2) Martin Harris, (3) David Whitmer, (4) Christian Whitmer, (5) Jacob Whitmer, (6) Peter Whitmer, Jr., (7) John Whitmer, (8) Hyrum Page, (9) Joseph Smith, Sr., (10) Hyrum Smith, (11) Samuel H. Smith. As to their histories, I'm not going to do your homework for you. If you want to know more about these men, all of whom were respected members of their community and well-liked by their neighbors, you can read about them on Mormon Wiki.

What is their history?
As to their histories, I'm not going to do your homework for you. If you want to know more about these men, all of whom were respected members of their community and well-liked by their neighbors, you can read about them on Mormon Wiki.

Where are these 'golden plates'?
They were returned to Moroni, who led Joseph Smith to them.

Referring to Muslims as "Mohammadeans" has been done for centuries, and is only the statement of the people of who know nothing. We are not Christians, nor is Islam like Christianity, the Qur'an itself refuts such titles, but you can do as you please, it won't change reality, nor will it impact my personal life.
Nor will your insults impact mine. Personally, I would prefer civil conversations, and quite frankly, you are the only Muslim I've met in my 10 years one RF who has not been very respectful and courteous. Fortunately, I'm not going to judge the entire Muslim faith by your behavior.

As for the members of the LDS being driven out by Christians is for their blatant heresy in the Christian religion.
Nonsense. There are over 40,000 different denominations within Christianity. Every one of them is a heretic to the others.

I have extended family in the LDS, and I have read the Book of Mormon, and the reality is no secret. Mormonism is blatant heresy.
Well, whoop-dee-doo! So the Book of Mormon is considered heresy by a Muslim. I would never have guessed. Besides, if you actually have read The Book of Mormon, you apparently weren't paying much attention to what it said. Otherwise, you'd have at least a vague knowledge of it and would know of the eleven other men who saw the golden plates, as their names and testimonies are listed in the front of the book. Oops!

One of their biggest churches in in Manhattan.
That's hilarious. They do have a beautiful temple in Manhattan, though. I've been to it on a couple of occasions.

As for the "magical" underwear of the Mormons:
Temple garment - Wikipedia
"the garment "when properly worn ... provides protection against temptation and evil".
The temple garment is worn as a reminder of the covenants we make with God in the temple. As such, it protects us against temptation and evil. That in no way makes it magical.

Among the LDS Church’s fifteen highest ranking leaders (the “First Presidency” and the “Quorum of the Twelve Apostles") are eight men with doctorate degrees from Harvard, Yale, Purdue, and Duke. Three are lawyers, one of them a former Supreme Court Justice and law clerk to U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice, Earl Warren, several who were professors at Stanford, Texas Tech and the University of Chicago, one of them being a university president. One was the former senior vice president and chief pilot of Lufthansa Airlines. One was on the staff of Adm. Hyman Rickover, developing military and private nuclear power reactors. One was the CEO of a California health care system, another the associate general counsel of what is now Bank of America in Charlotte, N.C. Several fought in World War II. The current President of the Church was an internationally-acclaimed heart surgeon and the former president of the Society for Vascular Surgery and chairman of the Council on Cardiovascular Surgery for the American Heart Association. If you think for one minute that any of these individuals believe their underwear to be magical, you're even more delusional that I originally thought.

As for the secret rituals:
My struggles in a Mormon hell: The bizarre rituals of her faith made

"In her book, Secret Ceremonies, first published in the US last summer, she tells of the misery of donning the hideous undergarments she was supposed to wear, as protection from the Devil, for the rest of her life; the bizarre ritual of secret handshakes and passwords and the travesty of a wedding night that had her telephoning her mother the next morning, pleading to be rescued from a man to whom she was pledged not merely for life but for eternity."
Oh my gosh, that was absolutely hysterical. I've never read anything quite so imaginative! And you seriously believed that? Please tell me you're not quite that naive! Just for kicks, I've got to post the two funniest paragraphs, in case anybody wants a good laugh...

As a child, in Florida, she remembers being totally obedient to the teachings of her elders. 'Because of the patriarchal order in the Mormon church, the pronouncements of older men carry enormous weight. When, for example, my father said we should use reusable condoms, it did not occur to me to question his wisdom.

'After use we would lather our hands and scrub them inside out, leaving them on top of the toilet tank, shrouded in tissue. Whenever we needed one, we had the choice of several, all by then as unbendable as fire irons. My husband would throw one into a basin of water to soak and, when it was pliable, would check it for leaks. He rarely found any. I would recommend reusable condoms to anyone. The original package of 12 lasted us the entire year]'

Ayaan Hirsi Ali? I don't know anything about this person except that she is a public figure that poses as an authority of Islam. This woman, from the brief overview on Wikipedia, is clearly a puppet...anyone with a bit of common sense, can see that. This woman isn't a threat.
You certainly don't know anything about her if you had to look her up on Wiki. But then it doesn't really surprise me that you'd dismiss her so cavalierly. She doesn't need to "pose as an authority is Islam." She was raised a devout Muslim and had to flee her home to avoid an arranged marriage, among other things. You may not respect her in the slightest, but millions of people hold her in very high regard.

Now, would you like to call a truce or do you want to keep up this silly argument? Personally, I'd prefer not to get into it with you. I have far too much respect for the many Muslims I've known personally and for those I've met online to want to insult them by any comments I might be tempted to make to you. Maybe you don't care about people's feelings, but I do.

Last edited:

Thanda

You can't possibly believe this. How would humanity have survived if not for this constant journey? From History, to Revelations. The truth does not come to the lazy, unwilling of working for it, as the truth is a priceless possession. Just like people dig and mine for diamonds and gold, people dig and mine for truth or end up with fools-gold and glass.

The search for worldly knowledge and truth and the search for divine/spiritual knowledge and truth is not the same. Worldly knowledge is in the world and must be searched for in the world. Divine/Spiritual knowledge must be obtained from the divine himself. There is no use in searching the whole world for the knowledge that God himself can give to you.

This principle of searching is also what differentiates the truthful from the liars, the ignorant from the knowledgeable, and the scholar from the layman. These people are not equal in regards to knowledge, as on had to strive, sacrifice and work hard to acquire what the other has yet set out to find.

I did not say people should not search for spiritual knowledge. I said it is not necessary to search all the religions of the world to find it. And I said that the ultimate knowledge can be found by searching our own hearts and learning to listen to the voice of God as he guides us in the paths of happiness and salvation.

There are signs in the creation of The Truth, but if the truth lied within us, then no one would be misguided. Also, since people are misguided, then it becomes clear that in order to come to this 'inner truth' you mention, the person has to work in order to reach that destination, by removing traces of hypocrisy and working on sincerity and patience.

You have answered your own question. The truth lies within but we reject it because of pride, fear and hypocrisy. Well do you say that we must work in sincerity and patience to follow the voice of God in our hearts. Paul said "work out your own salvation with fear and trembling".

If you want to soften your heart, acquire self-control, these are other matters addressed by the Qur'an and the Sunnah (hadeeth), so yes, the Qur'an itself is the cure for the heart,

The Bible and the Book of Mormon also address these matters. As I'm sure does the Tanakh. I have read the scriptures you have posted and they tell me nothing new. And this is the point I am making - rather than fighting over whose religion is right it is better to spend our best efforts trying to live the truth God has imparted and continues to try to impart to our hearts. Ultimately this is what will save us. It is by doing the will of God, not merely knowing about it, that we are saved.

And even though holy books like the Qur'an and the Bible can help us in this process - we all ultimately need to come to know God personally ourselves. Otherwise there is no salvation.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I'm agnostic but at this point I'm inclined toward the belief that the universe was not an accident. This in no way means that I believe in a personal god or that I believe in flying reindeer, virgin birth, or walking on water.
Well, I'm glad to hear that you don't believe the universe was an accident. Neither do I. I'm undecided as to what I believe about various other "supernatural beliefs," but I do feel that God could conceivably begotten a Son without having had sex with His mother. I also believe that the Son of God could conceivably have done things we would consider impossible given our limited knowledge. I actually haven't believed in flying reindeer since I was a small child, though. As to the question you posed in your OP, I my convictions are only in those things that God has confirmed to my heart are true (the most significant of these being that He exists). I simply don't worry about the ones that He hasn't.

This reminds me of something that happened to me many years ago. Mormon children are baptized at the age of eight. Before this event takes place, the child is interviewed by his bishop (the local congregational leader) to ascertain that he understands the purpose of baptism and wants to receive it. I was waiting with my son outside the bishop's office for him to be interviewed when my son (just barely eight) turned to me and said, kind of hesitantly, "Mom, I'm not sure I should be baptized." "Why is that, honey?" I asked. "Well," he said, "you know that story about Jonah living inside of a whale for three days?" "Yes," I answered."Well, I'm not sure I believe it," he confessed. I laughed and told him that was okay, and congratulated myself on having a son who had learned that he didn't need to believe everything anybody ever told him in a religious setting. (My son, now 38, eventually stopped believing most everything else he was taught as a child, even though he still does believe in God. I'm fine with that.)

ecco

Veteran Member
There should be shame in not making an attempt to know anything about the other Revelations. This is, in essence, ignorance.
How much have you learned about Hinduism and Buddhism or atheism for that matter?

This is, you said, ignorance.

I do agree though, that there is no shame in rejecting the belief in Santa Clause, but this belief is predominantly adhered to by children. Which adult today actually believes in a Santa Clause the way they believe in the Prophets of Allah?

Superstitious beliefs are superstitious beliefs. Yours are just as silly as it would be for an adult to believe in Santa.

If we look at the Church of Latter-Day Saints, they believe in John Smith and gold tablets that have never been seen. No one has ever been able to exmine these alleged revelations he received in Upstate New York. I'm from the Tri-Boro Area in NYC. Also, why would the epicenter of Mormonism be in Utah and not Upstate New York?

We have to have some knowledge of other faiths in order to find the truth.
Don't you know why Mormons are in Utah? Maybe if you had more knowledge of their faith, you would find truth in it. Isn't that what you just said?

But we all believe what we want to believe anyway.
You certainly are a good example of that.

And man is saved by the Mercy of Allah alone.
So says the Muslim. The Christian believes differently, as does the Buddhist and the Hindu. That's what's so funny about religion.
You all believe in exactly the same thing:
  • My god is real; your god is nonsense.
I agree with the second part of that.

ecco

Veteran Member
I will continue to use the words ‘logical’ and ‘rational’.

One can be rational and logical and believe in the existence of the paranormal based on the quantity, quality and consistency of the evidence.
So far, when asked for evidence, the best you could do was point to the writings of people who also have no sense of logic or rational reasoning.

You were unable to provide any actual evidence for the paranormal. I, on the other hand, showed one of your paranormals failing miserably when tested under watchful eyes.

As if you'd know. All you know is a bunch of lies you've read on the internet, but you are evidently stupid enough and gullible enough to believe them.

[Qur'an 18:56] ...those who disbelieve, dispute with false argument, in order to refute the truth thereby. And they treat My Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), and that with which they are warned, as jest and mockery!

(1) Oliver Cowdery, (2) Martin Harris, (3) David Whitmer, (4) Christian Whitmer, (5) Jacob Whitmer, (6) Peter Whitmer, Jr., (7) John Whitmer, (8) Hyrum Page, (9) Joseph Smith, Sr., (10) Hyrum Smith, (11) Samuel H. Smith. As to their histories, I'm not going to do your homework for you. If you want to know more about these men, all of whom were respected members of their community and well-liked by their neighbors, you can read about them on Mormon Wiki.

I'm not going to go deeper into this matter either.

[Qur'an 33:40] Muhammad is not the father of any man among you, but he is the Messenger of Allah and the last (end) of the Prophets. And Allah is Ever AllAware of everything.

They were returned to Moroni, who led Joseph Smith to them.

So, they are nowhere for us to study.

Nor will your insults impact mine. Personally, I would prefer civil conversations, and quite frankly, you are the only Muslim I've met in my 10 years one RF who has not been very respectful and courteous. Fortunately, I'm not going to judge the entire Muslim faith by your behavior.

What insult? I haven't insulted anyone at all, nor was I disrespectful. I merely addressed the comments, but if this is what you want to use for lack of actual argument, so be it.

If anyone is throwing insults around, it is you, in your comment here.

My behaviour? You are going off the deep end now.

Nonsense. There are over 40,000 different denominations within Christianity. Every one of them is a heretic to the others.

Yes. So, it is all nonsense...is this what you are saying?

Well, whoop-dee-doo! So the Book of Mormon is considered heresy by a Muslim. I would never have guessed. Besides, if you actually have read The Book of Mormon, you apparently weren't paying much attention to what it said. Otherwise, you'd have at least a vague knowledge of it and would know of the eleven other men who saw the golden plates, as their names and testimonies are listed in the front of the book. Oops!

Why do you express yourself like this?

11 other men...11. Ok. And you said that those golden plates were returned to Moroni...the son of Mormon...and these plates are nowhere to be found?

That's hilarious. They do have a beautiful temple in Manhattan, though. I've been to it on a couple of occasions.

The temple garment is worn as a reminder of the covenants we make with God in the temple. As such, it protects us against temptation and evil. That in no way makes it magical.

When you wear anything with the belief that it protects you in anyway, then this is believing in the likes of sorcery and magic, as it is from the same principle foundation.

Among the LDS Church’s fifteen highest ranking leaders (the “First Presidency” and the “Quorum of the Twelve Apostles") are eight men with doctorate degrees from Harvard, Yale, Purdue, and Duke. Three are lawyers, one of them a former Supreme Court Justice and law clerk to U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice, Earl Warren, several who were professors at Stanford, Texas Tech and the University of Chicago, one of them being a university president. One was the former senior vice president and chief pilot of Lufthansa Airlines. One was on the staff of Adm. Hyman Rickover, developing military and private nuclear power reactors. One was the CEO of a California health care system, another the associate general counsel of what is now Bank of America in Charlotte, N.C. Several fought in World War II. The current President of the Church was an internationally-acclaimed heart surgeon and the former president of the Society for Vascular Surgery and chairman of the Council on Cardiovascular Surgery for the American Heart Association. If you think for one minute that any of these individuals believe their underwear to be magical, you're even more delusional that I originally thought.

Looks like the list of CEO's of a major corporation...possibly masquerading as a religion...Allah knows best.

Anyway, we would have to ask them, and tell them to bring their proofs to counter the claim, since these high status individuals would know better than you.

Oh my gosh, that was absolutely hysterical. I've never read anything quite so imaginative! And you seriously believed that? Please tell me you're not quite that naive! Just for kicks, I've got to post the two funniest paragraphs, in case anybody wants a good laugh...

As a child, in Florida, she remembers being totally obedient to the teachings of her elders. 'Because of the patriarchal order in the Mormon church, the pronouncements of older men carry enormous weight. When, for example, my father said we should use reusable condoms, it did not occur to me to question his wisdom.

'After use we would lather our hands and scrub them inside out, leaving them on top of the toilet tank, shrouded in tissue. Whenever we needed one, we had the choice of several, all by then as unbendable as fire irons. My husband would throw one into a basin of water to soak and, when it was pliable, would check it for leaks. He rarely found any. I would recommend reusable condoms to anyone. The original package of 12 lasted us the entire year]'

So you are saying this woman who wrote this book is lying? Perhaps she is, the purpose of posting that link was simply to highlight that this is not the first time that the issue about "magical" underwear are used by Mormons.

I do not believe that they are "magical" but one thing is clear, they believe that a picec of clothing will protect one from evil and temptation, and putting faith in articles of clothing.

You certainly don't know anything about her if you had to look her up on Wiki. But then it doesn't really surprise me that you'd dismiss her so cavalierly. She doesn't need to "pose as an authority is Islam." She was raised a devout Muslim and had to flee her home to avoid an arranged marriage, among other things. You may not respect her in the slightest, but millions of people hold her in very high regard.

Yes, I already said this. I do not know here and briefly looked here up on Wiki. I do dismiss her because what I do know is she is not from the people of knowledge, she is disbelieving woman so there is no benefit in her obvious opposition. She won't teach me anything.

So you believe this woman, but the other ex-Mormon woman you laugh away as a ridiculous.

And then you think being raised by a "devout Muslim" actually means something. Devout to what sect? What was their creed? Are arranged arriages permissible in Islam? The blind are led by the blind, this woman would collapse under actual debate, which is why she only preaches to the ignorant with her poilitical agenda.

Now, would you like to call a truce or do you want to keep up this silly argument? Personally, I'd prefer not to get into it with you. I have far too much respect for the many Muslims I've known personally and for those I've met online to want to insult them by any comments I might be tempted to make to you. Maybe you don't care about people's feelings, but I do.

I wasn't arguing. I have nothing to argue. You are the one getting aggressive in your responses. So if you want to make your truce, you are not being prevented.

If you do not want to get into it with me, you don't have to after this. That is your choice.

You make the statements you like, the forums are documented, so I am not worried about it. Feel free to insult as you like, as the scholars say:

The tongue is like a ladel and the heart like a pot. Whatever pours from the tongue, is only the contents of the heart.

In this case, the fingers.

Again, what exactly did I say of insult? If I actually made some insulting comments, please, repost them as I typed them.

ecco

Veteran Member
I found a great Indian scripture called Yoga Vasistha starting of claiming:
"Only by this teaching alone you can reach human goal"
But immediately after this it continued saying:
"But if you have doubt in this scripture then take any other scripture dealing with the truth"

I found this such a refreshing start of scripture.
I don't even consider scriptures worth reading which claim "This is the only truth"
That's as refreshing as the car salesman who tells you: Go to other dealers, get their best prices, then come back and see me. He says this hoping you will be so impressed with his honesty and confidence that you stay and buy a car from him. He's usually right. It's a tactic that salespeople have been taught since there have been products to sell.

I guess you fell for it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That's as refreshing as the car salesman who tells you: Go to other dealers, get their best prices, then come back and see me. He says this hoping you will be so impressed with his honesty and confidence that you stay and buy a car from him. He's usually right. It's a tactic that salespeople have been taught since there have been products to sell.

I guess you fell for it.
Wait a second. Are you trying to claim that my churches "God back free" offer is just a marketing tactic? I am so depressed:

How much have you learned about Hinduism and Buddhism or atheism for that matter?

This is, you said, ignorance.

Looks like you asked a question which you have decided to answer yourself.

Superstitious beliefs are superstitious beliefs. Yours are just as silly as it would be for an adult to believe in Santa.

Everyone believes as they see fit.

Don't you know why Mormons are in Utah? Maybe if you had more knowledge of their faith, you would find truth in it. Isn't that what you just said?

Correction: Maybe if I cared enough.

You certainly are a good example of that.

Well, I am glad we both recognize that I am Muslim.

So says the Muslim. The Christian believes differently, as does the Buddhist and the Hindu. That's what's so funny about religion.
You all believe in exactly the same thing:
  • My god is real; your god is nonsense.
I agree with the second part of that.

Actually, we do not believe this. We believe Allah is the Lord of all that exists, everyone else claims to believe in different gods. The Jews: YHWH, the Christians: Jesus. Moses and Jesus were Prophets of Allah. As a matter of fact Allah is the Creator and we and all things in the universe and the universe are His creation.

So we do not say the God of the Jews or Christians are nonsense, nor do we say that God of mankind is nonsense as that would render us disbelievers.

We say that anything worshipped besides Him is disbelief and whoever dies on the worship of other than Allah is in Hell.

ecco

Veteran Member
This approach is nothing but false argumentation.
And this is what seperates between those who believe and those who disbelieve.

I view the world through Islam, not how those outside of the fold Islam view the world. So I believe in this as it was Revealed by Allah, the Lord of creation despite what man and science claims. If it negates any part of Islam, as was understood by the Prophet and his companions, then it is categorically rejected.
That's a good way to approach reality, don't question anything your religion preaches. This is an excellent example of brainwashing. It's like the Christian who believes...

GOD_SAID_IT-300x228.jpg

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Looks like you asked a question which you have decided to answer yourself.

Everyone believes as they see fit.

Correction: Maybe if I cared enough.

Well, I am glad we both recognize that I am Muslim.

Actually, we do not believe this. We believe Allah is the Lord of all that exists, everyone else claims to believe in different gods. The Jews: YHWH, the Christians: Jesus. Moses and Jesus were Prophets of Allah. As a matter of fact Allah is the Creator and we and all things in the universe and the universe are His creation.

So we do not say the God of the Jews or Christians are nonsense, nor do we say that God of mankind is nonsense as that would render us disbelievers.

We say that anything worshipped besides Him is disbelief and whoever dies on the worship of other than Allah is in Hell.

Long story short you are saying that your God is an immoral egomaniac. And you worship this God?