• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Non-vegetarians.

Wirey

Fartist
Curious why you mentioned dogs. To me dog reverence is more of a cultural thing. Animal intelligence and emotional quotience testing puts pigs higher than dogs. Do you skip the bacon?

true. Dogs were initially bred for food. They turned out to be useful along the way.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Imo, and I say this as a non-vegetarian, we eat meat because it's a culturally ingrained and difficult habit to break. For the vast majority of people, some balanced form of lacto-ovo vegetarian diet would be healthier, but we indulge because it's cathartic. Much like sugar. Unlike sugar, there is a very real ethical concern that even the best intentions agricultural farming creates unnecessary suffering for something we do not need. If that bothers you more than the catharsis of a flavor you grew up loving, you reduce or eliminate meat consumption from your diet.

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Like a date?
A hypothetical date just to prove that a carnivore and a veggie could get along, although it would be a great trial for each of us. Sometimes its good to set an example, no?

You watchin' McJesus?

Wirey

Fartist
A hypothetical date just to prove that a carnivore and a veggie could get along, although it would be a great trial for each of us. Sometimes its good to set an example, no?

You watchin' McJesus?

I can get along with anyone provided they understand the difference between discussion and compulsion. I have no issue with your vegetarianism, and all I ask is the same courtesy in return. I might sneak a pork chop into your salad, but that's just for comedic effect.

Yes, I'm watching the series. The Ducks owned Game 2, except for Talbot. Edmonton has to be better tonight.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I can get along with anyone provided they understand the difference between discussion and compulsion. I have no issue with your vegetarianism, and all I ask is the same courtesy in return. I might sneak a pork chop into your salad, but that's just for comedic effect.

Yes, I'm watching the series. The Ducks owned Game 2, except for Talbot. Edmonton has to be better tonight.
Three zip is bad. Seems like these kids need to lose just to learn how to win.

It is a crime to harm all members of the world although the ones who do, do it because of their need. The chaos the dragons introduces strictly to cause the life that was made to evolve. Predators do need to eat prey, hell we dragons despite making the world sometimes take the life of a creature to eat. If a creature is allowed to kill another creature the killed creature is not allowed to kill strictly for revenge. Humans killing strictly for revenge is an event that happens when a non human animal kills a human to protect their family. Their body used for food is secondary. If humans actually followed the rules they would see that is is only nature.

Side note to all humans who may read this. You can not claim you are killing animals based on "population control" or there being an "invasive species" To all those who claim those when taking the life of predators like coyote and wolves just so you could have more deer, or thoes who kill poor lizards just because they are "invasive" then you truly need to take a good hard look in the mirror and reflect on what arrogance and ignorance you have spoken. Humans are the only animal who is truly overpopulated and invasive. lizards and wild versions of dogs (wolves and coyote) are not.

CogentPhilosopher

Philosophy Student
Question for Non-vegetarians.

If Man killing a Man is Crime.
Than, why Man killing Animals isn't a Crime ?

Just because they cannot speak, or report somewhere ?
Or you think that they don't want to live ?
Or you think that they don't feel pain when you kill them for the sake of taste, or hunger ?

Answer me.

A human is a rational sentient being most nonhuman animals are not with the possible exceptions of dolphins and some primates.

We dragons do not have opposable thumbs but we don't need them to be able to type. I did not help them make the world, I am not part of the first 5 dragons of elements although I was born from them.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
If Man killing a Man is Crime.
Than, why Man killing Animals isn't a Crime ?

Because apparently nobody cares about Woman killing Woman. Or Man killing Woman. Or Woman killing Man. Human laws make no sense, so why bother trying to make sense of them?

Sorry, I have trouble taking someone seriously when they still use the backwards and outdated "Man" as if it refers to all humans. Regardless, I didn't write the laws. I don't agree with them. But I live in a society that has them, and only a fool or an idiot would disregard that (or perhaps an isolated hermit).

VioletVortex

You make a good point, although it is a bit redundant as it has been used by many vegetarians and non-vegetarians including myself. As a non-vegetarian, I think that man eating meat is in accordance with the natural order of things, just as an animal eating another animal is. With that said, as a society, we do consume more meat than we should. We are designed to eat primarily vegetables, with meats as a supplement. With all this in mind, I still have an interest in becoming a vegetarian.

How far could you take this? To include plants? Plants are living things to, but we need to sustain ourselves. It is a confusing question for me.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Many people find it difficult to not overly-anthropomorphize animals and project their own viewpoint and emotions onto them. Some might say it's overdeveloped empathy. However, I tend to think of it more as a type of narcissism.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
It's a crime to kill man because man was made in God's image. I'll say it again. It's not because you'd be killing a man, it's because you'd be killing something made in God's image. Animals are not made in God's image.
Secular law isn't based on your religion.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I eat a lot less meat these days. There's still brain health to be concidered as I'm on a strict cholesterol intake diet.

Our bodies say a lot whenever excess or deficits in our diet exceed past a limit to where it becomes detrimental.

Like mentioned. We should go with what our bodies are naturally evolved for, which is an omnivorous diet.