• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Non-vegetarians.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Of course, that's what the man thinks.

Now, do you also think that animals don't think, or they don't have emotions ?

Well the animals let themselves be domesticated. They must of liked something about the arrangement. Not all animals allow themselves to be domesticated.

chinu

chinu
What exactly is the point of your question? It sounds like you might be trying to bait certain religion(s) for their views between man vs other living creatures.
Its a certain view-point, not religion.

Why isn't it a crime to kill plants and marine life? Do you eat and use products?
Because they don't shout when they are eaten.
Everyone contributes to the waste that's devastating other forms of life. Do you live in an area with buildings and roads that benefit yourself and your community? Every day you reap the benefit of and contribute to the community you live in which eliminated the ecosystem that existed there previously.
Yes, am the part of same community, but, with certain view-point.
And, I hope, I can have certain view-point.

Humans have spread across the planet like a bad staph infection gone unchecked and you're wondering why they're eating meat vs vegetation? Ok.
There's nothing to wonder. Human eat animals just for the sake of taste. I know that very well.

chinu

chinu
Even ants kill and eat meat.
Yes, there's also a story that ant can even kill an elephant. Dangerous!!! :eek:

You mean, it isn't a crime because of Ants ?
Humans cannot built jails for Ants, Tiny ant will run out of big jails easily ? :)

Perhaps.

chinu

chinu
Neither are these two deer steaks I'm currently grilling. :rolleyes:
Once a Lioness took the human child for her infants.
Poor lioness doesn't hear the steaks of a human-child. But the child's mother can hear it very easily, even after his death too.

Don't worry,
Enjoy your meal :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Flame

Beware
Once a Lioness took the human child for her infants.
Poor lioness doesn't hear the steaks of a human-child. But the child's mother can hear it very easily, even after his death too.

Don't worry,
Enjoy your meal :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Congratulations you can mention an extremely rare story.

And oh I will ;) marinated them in a very yummy hickory marinate.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk

If Man killing a Man is Crime.
Than, why Man killing Animals isn't a Crime ?

Just because they cannot speak, or report somewhere ?
Or you think that they don't want to live ?
Or you think that they don't feel pain when you kill them for the sake of taste, or hunger ?

Answer me.

Jesus said it is OK to hunt kill and eat vegetarians. I am sure that is in the Bible somewhere.

Tumah

Veteran Member

If Man killing a Man is Crime.
Than, why Man killing Animals isn't a Crime ?

Just because they cannot speak, or report somewhere ?
Or you think that they don't want to live ?
Or you think that they don't feel pain when you kill them for the sake of taste, or hunger ?

Answer me.
If man killing an animal should be a crime then why not man killing a plant?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Naturally humans since before humans evolved from none humans, we have been opportunistic omnivores. Regardless of whether we are humans in the image of God, or just humans evolved over the millennia naturally as you simply human, naturally we ate everything remotely edible. Our digestive systems and the microbial fauna are naturally developed for this diet, and we cannot naturally make B12, therefore they had to get it from animal sources. Actually our Paleo-Neolithic and Neolithic ancestors eat less meat than is believed by many today. It is more hazardous to our health to eat the modern diet high high glycemic carbohydrates like sugar, white flour, corn, and white rice, which is not natural to the human diet.

Vegan diets are the most unnatural and unhealthy, ovo-vegetarian and lacto-vegetarian diets can be complete nutritional diets.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Non human animals are not given the same protection under the law, nor are they recognised as the same as humans under the law. Hence it is not and will not (in the foreseeable future) be a crime. At least not recognised as murder. It's also why you can't marry non human animals or why beastiality is (usually) illegal.
Granted I do believe in harsh penalties for those who torture or otherwise harm animals for their own amusement. That's just sick.
I am also not a fan of factory farming or other practices that cause extra harm to animals.
But we're omnivores. Some of us like the taste of meat. In the food chain something inevitably has to die in order for something else to eat and survive. That includes plants and grass. They may be able to feel pain and grass actually releases a distress chemical when cut in an attempt to get protection. Hence the smell of freshly mowed grass. It is literally impossible not to hurt something to eat, maybe if you only eat tofu? I dunno. Nature is cruel. We try to be humane about it, which is more than any other animal in existence has ever done. Hell some wild carnivores don't always eat what they kill. Sometimes just torturing prey to death as a bit of "sport."
I would add that I personally would not want to eat any animal that is close to being self-aware and that includes the apes, dolphins, dogs and the like.