• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Muslims about best practices

Jim

Nets of Wonder
NOTE: I’m posting this in the Religions Q&A forum because it has special rules which I’m hoping for people to folloe.

This post in the Sunni DIR looks to me like a good resource for responding to misunderstandings and misinformation about Muslims:

Sunni Concept of Sharia--What is Sharia

What do you think? I’m interested In what Muslims here think about that, not presuming that all of them think the same way. For example, different ones might have different ideas about who the best teachers are and what they teach.

Last edited:

Jim

Nets of Wonder
One of my ideas for responding to misunderstandings and misinformation about Muslims is for people to know that sometimes what Muslims mean by “Sharia” is not what rhey think the Quran says from reading it themselves. I think that sometimes it might be what their best teachers say that it means for people to do, in the time and place where they live. Am I understanding that right?

Last edited:

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
At a very basic level I think that Sharia means that laws are defined and implemented by the religion and "officials" in the religion, Imams and so on. In other words, there is no separation of church and state.