• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for luciferians and the like

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
I always wondered one thing regarding those who identify as worshiping the devil and similar dark stuff...

Do you actually believe Satan exists?

- If you believe it exists then you can't deny existence of God right?
- Otherwise if you don't believe Satan exist, then what's the point of your spiritual affiliation with the nonexistent?

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
There are theistic Satanists and luciferians who believe in Satan but not God. Makes perfect sense to me as the belief system is vastly different from abrahamic religions.
That makes no sense at all since Satan is an angel, a being, that God made.

Which Satan do you speak of?
There are many evil angels, but only one of them is named Satan. according to the book of Enoch.

Most who worship the Infernal Divine do not see any Satan as a devil
devil is just another name for Satan.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I always wondered one thing regarding those who identify as worshiping the devil and similar dark stuff...

Do you actually believe Satan exists?

- If you believe it exists then you can't deny existence of God right?
- Otherwise if you don't believe Satan exist, then what's the point of your spiritual affiliation with the nonexistent?

The Satan believers i know also believe in the Abrahamic god, but think of god as the bad guy.

Example

godvsatan (1).jpg

But as @RayofLight said, there are different satans and there are different beliefs

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them

There are many evil angels, but only one of them is named Satan. according to the book of Enoch.

You have no knowledge of how theistic Satanists and Luciferians view things do you? No knowledge of their religious beliefs at all?

VoidCat

No. It's another name for demon.

That makes no sense at all since Satan is an angel, a being, that God made
There are many evil angels, but only one of them is named Satan. according to the book of Enoch
According to abrahamic religions and even then depends on interpetation as there are different interpretations. Luciferianism and Satanism are not abrahamic religions

VoidCat

Have you never read the book of Enoch?
If not then it's you who knows nothing about satanism
Have you heard yourself? You are suggesting a book that many Satanists and Luciferians don't believe to be divinely inspired should inform their religious beliefs. Let me point it out again Luciferianism and Satanism are not Abrahamic religions

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
Have you heard yourself? You are suggesting a book that many Satanists and Luciferians don't believe to be divinely inspired should inform their religious beliefs. Let me point it out again Luciferianism and Satanism are not Abrahamic religions
No, Satanism isn't Abrahamic religion but it is based on it or more precisely it come out of it.

Here are some resources for you if you're interested:
devil | Etymology, origin and meaning of devil by etymonline

Attachments

• The-book-of-Enoch.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

VoidCat

No, Satanism isn't Abrahamic religion but it is based on it or more precisely it come out of it.

Here are some resources for you if you're interested:
devil | Etymology, origin and meaning of devil by etymonline
Honey. I've read the book of Enoch. I've also read academic books written by scholars on the history of Lucifer. Have you read anything by any well known practitioner of a Left handed path on left handed occultism?

VoidCat

Religion and its mores develop over centuries, a several thousand year old book is not going to be up to date on modern practice.
Is i understand it @RayofLight is fairly ip to speed on lhp religion
Oh yeah am up to speed. Being I am a Demonolatrist my beliefs are very much informed by left handed paths. I worship two Lucifers and Satans. Lilith and Samael.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
Religion and its mores develop over centuries, a several thousand year old book is not going to be up to date on modern practice.
Honey. I've read the book of Enoch. I've also read academic books written by scholars on the history of Lucifer. Have you read anything by any well known practitioner of a Left handed path on left handed occultism?
I can't deny that Satanism developed over time, but denying that Satanism come out of Judaism and Christianity is denial of truth.

@RayofLight No I didn't read any books but I suspect these books may distract from the origins of Satanism, at least so it seems according to your responses so far.

VoidCat

I can't deny that Satanism developed over time, but denying that Satanism come out of Judaism is denial of truth.

@RayofLight No I didn't read any books but I suspect these books may distract from the origins of Satanism, at least so it seems according to your responses so far.
Oh yes satanism took some ideas from abrahamic religion. I never denied that. But. They are not an abrahamic religion and the interpetation of Satan is very very very different in most versions of satanism and luciferianism then with Christianity.

Also if you never read any books from folk who actually practice said religion then how can you say you understand it and know what the religion is about?

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member

Just because Abrahamics (such as yourself) construct and accept Satan a certain way doesn't mean that others use that same construction in their thought and beliefs.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
Also if you never read any books from folk who actually practice said religion then how can you say you understand it and know what the religion is about?
I'm not saying I understand, what I'm saying is that I know it's origin.
My interest is what I asked in the OP.

They are not an abrahamic religion and the interpetation of Satan is very very very different in most versions of satanism and luciferianism.
Interpretations have always been problem.
I believe Satan exists and I know Satan is capable to deceive therefore also able to offer false interpretations.

Just because Abrahamics (such as yourself) construct and accept Satan a certain way doesn't mean that others use that same construction in their thought and beliefs.
Indeed, I already said I don't doubt in development of Satanism, but what's the point of denial of the origin of Satan?