• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Jehovah's Witnesses

Eyes to See

This statement made me think about some people who have asked why God doesn't keep talking to humans like he did in the past through prophets and such.

Then I realize this truth. Jehovah doesn't have to repeat himself. Once he said something that is it. It is truth, it will be done, it is his word. Listen to him. He is like a Father that doesn't have to repeat himself. He has power and authority. And he doesn't need to keep repeating himself as if he was unsure of what he said, or as if he changed his mind.

He is God, listen to him. It doesn't matter if what he said was in the past and recorded in the Bible for us. It is enough.

Vee

Premium Member
The chapters from 25 to 32 of the book of Ezequiel talk about the nations surrounding Jerusalem and how God advised they would be judged and punished by their opposition to His people. Through Ezequiel God foretold the destruction of the city of Tyre and it's king. This happened in two stages. Years after Nebuchadnezzar devastated the mainland city, Alexander the great completed the destruction by building a causeway to the island city of Tyre, using the ruble remaining from the previous conquest.
Why is the reference to the grave used so many times? I can't tell you exactly, but maybe it was to emphasize the importance of what was going to happen. The use of repetition is very effective to make a point more vivid. That might have been the idea here.