• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for jehovah's witness

Frank Goad

I just to believe that you could pray long enough to God and have him get you out of your body in your sleep. But now I think that kind of stuff just gets demons in your head. What is the official view of the JW about astral projection? While praying for God to do it? I have read what Paul talks about. When talking about out of body experiences. And he says they are just visions.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I just to believe that you could pray long enough to God and have him get you out of your body in your sleep. But now I think that kind of stuff just gets demons in your head. What is the official view of the JW about astral projection? While praying for God to do it?

There is no such thing recommended for Christians. When the apostles had experiences from God involving being transported in time to another situation, it was never at the request of the apostle. When John was receiving his Revelation, he was transported (not physically but spiritually) to "the Lord's day"....into the future IOW. This did not mean that he left his body, but was transported in his mind, seeing things that were to happen in the future, like a movie playing in his head.

Since there is no part of man that exists separately from the body, (according to the Bible's definition, your "soul" is you, the living breathing creature....not something that lives inside of you) astral projection can therefore be a demonic trick played on those who might be swayed by a bit of trickery. If you don't think that the mind can be easily fooled just observe those who are on hallucinogenic drugs or who have delusions or hallucinations......its a delicate instrument that can easily be taken to places that do not exist in reality.

Last edited: