• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for jehovah's witness

Frank Goad

In psalms 139:7-8 it says if the author makes their bed in hell God is there.And in Job 3:11-19 it says in verse 13 job would be resting and sleeping if he died.Are these passages connected?I found both of these quotes in the king james version of the bible.

Vee

Premium Member
In psalms 139:7-8 it says if the author makes their bed in hell God is there.And in Job 3:11-19 it says in verse 13 job would be resting and sleeping if he died.Are these passages connected?I found both of these quotes in the king james version of the bible.

Psalms 139:7-8 says that God Knows his people so well that they are never hidden from him, not even in the grave ("hell" in your bible). Unfortunately many bible versions use the word "hell" instead of Hades or Sheol, none of which means a place of eternal suffering.

In Job 3:11-19 , Job laments his birth because he's suffering so much he wishes he had never been born.

I don't see much of a connection between these scriptures. Is there anything in particular that made you think they are connected?