• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for gnosticism people on here

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I'm sorry you can't understand what I saying to you, but I know you will when the time comes for you.
There is nothing wrong with your "faith" and I wish you well in your studies, and hope you gain understanding more and more.
"faith" comes first, then "knowledge".

Firstly, the 'feeling sorry' is mutual, as I too believe all will know God's truth in the end.....

I do not subscribe to gnosticism, nor do I subscribe to the beliefs of orthodox Christianity.....as both are corrupted in my view. I do not accept the apocryphal books as coming from God, and this is the reason why I believe that they are excluded from the Bible canon. This canon is brought together through the operation of God's spirit and is not dependent on any church, because in spite of who was used to compile it, it is God's word, not men's.

I refer to the prophesies of Daniel where he describes the circumstances of "the time of the end", which I believe we are experiencing the final part of, right now. He describes a "cleansing, whitening and refining" of God's worship in this period.

A 'cleansing' is not needed unless things are soiled. 'Whitening' is not necessary unless things have become stained, and 'refining' is needed when impurities have contaminated something and need to be removed.

Daniel ch 12 starts by saying....

"During that time Miʹcha·el will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of your people. And there will occur a time of distress such as has not occurred since there came to be a nation until that time. And during that time your people will escape, everyone who is found written down in the book."

Jesus too spoke of a "great tribulation" at the time of his return. (Matthew 24:21) God's "people" have their names written in a book (Exodus 32:32)..."the Book of Life" is also mentioned in Malachi 3:16, in Philippians 4:3, and in Revelation 17:8 and 20:15.

Jehovah's Witnesses see this "great Prince", "Michael" as the 'pre-human' and 'post' resurrected Jesus Christ. He is the Commander of the Angelic Forces and God's "Logos" or spokesman. He is the sacrificial Lamb of God, and God's appointed judge....the central figure in his rescue mission for the human race.

Regarding the resurrection, Daniel continues...

"And many of those asleep in the dust of the earth will wake up, some to everlasting life and others to reproach and to everlasting contempt.
3 “And those having insight will shine as brightly as the expanse of heaven, and those bringing the many to righteousness like the stars, forever and ever.

4 “As for you, Daniel, keep the words secret, and seal up the book until the time of the end. Many will rove about, and the true knowledge will become abundant.”

This is about the resurrection...."those asleep in the dust" waking up to two different outcomes.
As Jesus said.....
"Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment."

The Apostle Paul also said regarding his fellow Jews....."And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous" (Acts 24:15)

The "righteous" are those who have obeyed God's commands, both in the pre-Christian era and from the first century onward. These inherit everlasting life, right here on earth in the flesh, because the pre-Christian worshippers of God had no other hope.

The "unrighteous" are raised to a period of judgment, being given an opportunity to prove themselves worthy of life in the world to come, having paid sin's wages, they are raised with a clean slate. It is up to them if they earn "everlasting contempt".

The resurrection will not take place until Christ rules in his Kingdom.

Daniel then speaks of "those having insight", "bringing many to righteousness".....so these have a work to do in this time of the end to educate others about God's wonderful purpose. But it was not the time to understand these prophesies, which were given 500 years before Jesus even came to the earth.

"Then he said: “Go, Daniel, because the words are to be kept secret and sealed up until the time of the end. 10 Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will act wickedly, and none of the wicked will understand; but those having insight will understand."

So you see, this is the situation as we see it.....in this "time of the end" only those who acknowledged the filthy state of Christendom would be given the necessary "insight" to keep 'cleansing, whitening and refining' themselves as the last days progressed to their conclusion.

In his parable of the "wheat and the weeds" Jesus identified a counterfeit form of Christianity that would take over the world like weeds in a garden. The "wicked" are those who would see no need to do anything but stick to what they had always believed. For the Jews as well as the Christians, this applied.....neither wanted to budge even though their worship had become so corrupt over time that it did not resemble God's truth in any way.

I will stick to what 47 years of Bible study has taught me, and look forward to what God has in store for our future on this magnificent planet.

In this 'time of the end' there are only two roads...and two categories of people.....we are either on the right road and in the right category (sheep)....or we are on the wrong road and in the wrong category (goat).....we have choices and our choices tell God all about us.

That is how I see things....

WhyIsThatSo

Firstly, the 'feeling sorry' is mutual, as I too believe all will know God's truth in the end.....

I do not subscribe to gnosticism, nor do I subscribe to the beliefs of orthodox Christianity.....as both are corrupted in my view. I do not accept the apocryphal books as coming from God, and this is the reason why I believe that they are excluded from the Bible canon. This canon is brought together through the operation of God's spirit and is not dependent on any church, because in spite of who was used to compile it, it is God's word, not men's.

I refer to the prophesies of Daniel where he describes the circumstances of "the time of the end", which I believe we are experiencing the final part of, right now. He describes a "cleansing, whitening and refining" of God's worship in this period.

A 'cleansing' is not needed unless things are soiled. 'Whitening' is not necessary unless things have become stained, and 'refining' is needed when impurities have contaminated something and need to be removed.

Daniel ch 12 starts by saying....

"During that time Miʹcha·el will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of your people. And there will occur a time of distress such as has not occurred since there came to be a nation until that time. And during that time your people will escape, everyone who is found written down in the book."

Jesus too spoke of a "great tribulation" at the time of his return. (Matthew 24:21) God's "people" have their names written in a book (Exodus 32:32)..."the Book of Life" is also mentioned in Malachi 3:16, in Philippians 4:3, and in Revelation 17:8 and 20:15.

Jehovah's Witnesses see this "great Prince", "Michael" as the 'pre-human' and 'post' resurrected Jesus Christ. He is the Commander of the Angelic Forces and God's "Logos" or spokesman. He is the sacrificial Lamb of God, and God's appointed judge....the central figure in his rescue mission for the human race.

Regarding the resurrection, Daniel continues...

"And many of those asleep in the dust of the earth will wake up, some to everlasting life and others to reproach and to everlasting contempt.
3 “And those having insight will shine as brightly as the expanse of heaven, and those bringing the many to righteousness like the stars, forever and ever.

4 “As for you, Daniel, keep the words secret, and seal up the book until the time of the end. Many will rove about, and the true knowledge will become abundant.”

This is about the resurrection...."those asleep in the dust" waking up to two different outcomes.
As Jesus said.....
"Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment."

The Apostle Paul also said regarding his fellow Jews....."And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous" (Acts 24:15)

The "righteous" are those who have obeyed God's commands, both in the pre-Christian era and from the first century onward. These inherit everlasting life, right here on earth in the flesh, because the pre-Christian worshippers of God had no other hope.

The "unrighteous" are raised to a period of judgment, being given an opportunity to prove themselves worthy of life in the world to come, having paid sin's wages, they are raised with a clean slate. It is up to them if they earn "everlasting contempt".

The resurrection will not take place until Christ rules in his Kingdom.

Daniel then speaks of "those having insight", "bringing many to righteousness".....so these have a work to do in this time of the end to educate others about God's wonderful purpose. But it was not the time to understand these prophesies, which were given 500 years before Jesus even came to the earth.

"Then he said: “Go, Daniel, because the words are to be kept secret and sealed up until the time of the end. 10 Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will act wickedly, and none of the wicked will understand; but those having insight will understand."

So you see, this is the situation as we see it.....in this "time of the end" only those who acknowledged the filthy state of Christendom would be given the necessary "insight" to keep 'cleansing, whitening and refining' themselves as the last days progressed to their conclusion.

In his parable of the "wheat and the weeds" Jesus identified a counterfeit form of Christianity that would take over the world like weeds in a garden. The "wicked" are those who would see no need to do anything but stick to what they had always believed. For the Jews as well as the Christians, this applied.....neither wanted to budge even though their worship had become so corrupt over time that it did not resemble God's truth in any way.

I will stick to what 47 years of Bible study has taught me, and look forward to what God has in store for our future on this magnificent planet.

In this 'time of the end' there are only two roads...and two categories of people.....we are either on the right road and in the right category (sheep)....or we are on the wrong road and in the wrong category (goat).....we have choices and our choices tell God all about us.

That is how I see things....

There is indeed a transition of the ages taking place now, but it's not what you think.
and the transition will be from the old school way of 2000 years (age) of orthodox Christian religious dogma that enslaves..
to the new "knowledge" that the God of the OT is not the "Father" that Jesus came to reveal to mankind.

This transition has already begun, and NOTHING will stop it.