• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for fiscal conservatives

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Wouldn't that promote both inequality and poverty?

This is about fiscal conservatism not social problems. When it comes to government I am for a small government and balanced budget. That is my fiscal nature, my social solutions have nothing to do with government. I believe the government needs to have less influence in our life.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'll bet most of the residents of Houston would have agreed with you -- a couple of weeks ago.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have spent a fair amount of time bashing the left on this forum in the past few days, so to be fair, now it's the right's turn. My question for the religious right is this, how can you possibly believe that it is fair that the world's eight richest men have as much money as half of the world? The World's 8 Richest Men Are Now as Wealthy as Half the World's Population And, specifically, to the Christian conservative, do you really think that Jesus (the guy who criticized the rich and encouraged everyone to give to the poor) would approve of this scenario? How can you endorse economic policies that lead to scenarios like this, and then go read your Bible in good conscience. Y'all remind me of the "goats" in Matthew 25. "For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me. They will also answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you He will reply: 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'" (Matthew 25:42-45). Sounds like he's talking to right-wingers to me.
Those with less don't gain the right to property of those with more.
It's fair mostly.