• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Christians

etong

To follow up

If they are millions of black holes and just one Earth, then that means that God cares more about darkness and death, than his "beautiful creation"

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ultimately doesn't mean only in my opinion.
@Hubert Farnsworth makes the point that [some people] believe that ultimately only this planet and the one savior matter. @Ponder This says that he might mean "people don't matter" and Ponder This calls it logic. It isn't.

IF it was all true* then the people who believe in the savior would matter also. Can you see it now? @Ponder This

*I am of the opinion that none of it is true.

Last edited:

Ponder This

I think that nobody said that people don't matter.

IF by "this planet" is meant "this planet... except the people living on this planet".

Ultimately doesn't mean only in my opinion.
@Hubert Farnsworth makes the point that [some people] believe that ultimately only this planet and the one savior matter. @Ponder This says that he might mean "people don't matter" and Ponder This calls it logic. It isn't.

IF it was all true* then the people who believe in the savior would matter also. Can you see it now? @Ponder This

*I am of the opinion that none of it is true.

I agree it does not follow logically. Sarcasm doesn't translate well in text.

I think the issue that needs examination is:
What does it mean for something to "matter" (i.e. to be of importance; have significance)?​
I might ask: why should the rest of the universe matter to us?

Does an elephant matter more than a person because the elephant is larger than a person?
Do larger people matter more than smaller people?
Does the planet Jupiter matter more than the planet Earth because Jupiter is larger?
There's a real problem with the argument that this planet and Jesus don't matter because the universe has lots of other galaxies, stars, and planets.