• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Christians

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
A god who makes hundreds of billions of galaxies also burns with anger when people put their hands in their pants? Does that really make sense?
It's called morality. It operates on rules given by God for sin-prone humans.....who are in that condition as a consequence of their own actions. If you don't care about God's standards, then ignore them and see what happens....:shrug: Why do you care what we believe?

Dell

Asteroid insurance?
Well you obviously mis read what the Bible say.
It tells you that on the 4th day God made two great lights to shine on the Earth to be signs of time Years and seasons.
it says

Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights {note not a Sun and Moon but lights} in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
Gen 1:15 And let them be for lights (Again, Lights in the atmosphere, not a sun and moon in the atmosphere) in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
Gen 1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
Gen 1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
The verse that made you to misunderstand is verse 16.
Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

This is unfortunately a mis translation and the word "He made" isnot in the script.
It should read:
Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night the stars also.
Therefore, the Bible say that God made the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night with the stars.

What you misunderstood is the fact that the Bible gives a description that the Sun, for the first time since its existance, started to shine to its fullest as it progressed in accretion and eventually fell in upon its own mass, kicking off nuclear fission.this description is therefore one of:
For the first time the sun shined on the Earth, reflecting its light from the moon, and all the planets that did not reflect any light on the Earth before this event.

Now, it is also a scientific fact that the nebular theory is explaining, and which was noted by Emmanuel Kant in 1755.
Today science is actually using Genesis 1 as the model for the origins of the Solar system
Look at what I did in taking a picture from a scientific publication illustrated by an artist, and when I added the words of Genesis to the picture, One can see where science got their explanation from.
You only ask this question because these facts are hidden by Atheists in the scientific world.
here it is:View attachment 31205

So all this happened in 6 * 24hr days? Do you know how long it takes photons to even escape through it's own outer layers from the core?

"This energy, which can take between 10,000 and 170,000 years to escape from its core, is the source of the Sun's light and heat." - Sun - Wikipedia

Neutral Name

I am sorry kind of like a spec ed kid asking a spec ed kid" "why do we always go to recess when the big hand is up and the little hand is up?"

Here ya go try grown up church on for size what does merton mean by this?
I got more way more if ya are interested.
View attachment 31200

Oh here is another
View attachment 31201

The Merton one I understand and the other one I need to learn. The Merton one is exactly what I thought when I was raising my children and what I think now with my grandchildren. It is not right to try to force people to be what you want them to be. You should help them to grow up to be their best selves. It is like some parents who live through their children because of something they want. So, kids who are forced to be in fashion shows at an early age or kids who are forced to play sports when they prefer music or kids who are forced to act because the parents wanted fame are all cases of parents forcing their desires on their children. It isn't loving to do this. Love doesn't force itself on others.

David T

Premium Member
The Merton one I understand and the other one I need to learn. The Merton one is exactly what I thought when I was raising my children and what I think now with my grandchildren. It is not right to try to force people to be what you want them to be. You should help them to grow up to be their best selves. It is like some parents who live through their children because of something they want. So, kids who are forced to be in fashion shows at an early age or kids who are forced to play sports when they prefer music or kids who are forced to act because the parents wanted fame are all cases of parents forcing their desires on their children. It isn't loving to do this. Love doesn't force itself on others.
Even in nature and in the deepest wells of science or religion that always rings true. Jane goodall refused to depersonalize the chimpanzes. She got incredible heat for that. She was the kne that they used tools. There in the open for everyone to see no one saw it. We saw them as stupid mindless animals with none of our traits. We reallly saw them as defective compared to us perfect. Jane bless her heart said bs.

So when i say no defects jane goodall got it. Look where no one is looking... In the open. She helped me a bit there. No defexts just differnxes accross spectrum snd issues we sometimes must deal with to help them along. the way. None left behind. And i will walk in the naxk to make sure we are remembering that in this walk. Even barking and growling a bit.

Ponder This

If the only thing that ultimately matters is the earth and a guy who lived on it 2000 years ago, why does the universe have over 100,000,000,000 galaxies, each of which contain over 100,000,000,000 stars, and planets? The Bible says that God made the stars to give light to the earth (Genesis 1:14-15). Yet the entire night sky that can be seen, even away from city lights is less than 1% of the Milky Way Galaxy, which is much less than 0.0000000001% of the known universe. Perhaps, to paraphrase Carl Sagan, the manmade Christian god is too small for this universe.

Hmm... So...
1. The universe is big.
Therefore,
2. People don't matter.

#logic

SA Huguenot

So all this happened in 6 * 24hr days? Do you know how long it takes photons to even escape through it's own outer layers from the core?

"This energy, which can take between 10,000 and 170,000 years to escape from its core, is the source of the Sun's light and heat." - Sun - Wikipedia
Sure.
All I say is that Bible describes a Sun that originally shone with a dim red glow, and eventually ignited to its full extend we see now.
Therefore, the argument that God createds the Sun Moon and stars on the 4th day of Genesis is incorrect, the Bible does not say that at all.
Now, I love your question on what duration of time it would take Photons to excape the Sun.

But lets take this into consideration also.
1. You are using the age of Photons as theoretically calculated on the current dimentions and combinations of what the Sun consists off.
2. You ignore the nebular theory in totality, with the model of accretion that built the Sun and planets in our solar system.

Now think about the following.
Before the First day, the Sun shone with a dim red glow.
Genesis gives a description of how the Sun looked from the Earth.
It was just light. but not daylight.
The Sun was not even fully formed, and science describes the Solar system as being "dirty".
There were millions and millions of kilometeres of matter still strewn throughout the solarsystem, some accreting to the planets, moons, and some to the Sun itself.
The Sun was still growing.
Eventually the sun ignited to its fullest, blowing almost all of this dust into outer solarsystem space.
This was the clearing of the light paths to the earth and Moon, and other planets called stars.

Question is.
If the Sun on day 4 was still taking shape, how long did it take the photons then to escape the Sun?
I dont know, because no one bothered to calculate this theory.
Why?
Because it would mean some scientist will agree with a Biblical theory, and to the scientific world this thought is unacceptable.
However, anyone can postulate and realise, the gravitational field of the Earth took about 1500 years to reach its full strength, why will it not be the same as with the Sun.
The Sun was also a less dense entity, which grew and eventually fell in upon its own gravitational field.
Conclusion.
It will be logical to any scientist to understand that as the mass of the Sun increased exponentially, so did the time photons took to escape the Sun increase equally invert.

But, I am not worried about my thinking and science, but...
I love it when a staunce anti creation, anti Bible Atheist attempts to tell me that the Bible and science can never be reconciled on the origins of the Universe...
only to see how disgusted they get when they realise they were taught BS!
Once they are shown that a Christian, E Kant wrote his essay on the origins of the Universe in 1755, and this became the nebular theory which was proven correct over 200 years, and which science uses as the model of creation of our solar system, they just fall into denial.
You see, what I am doing is not to force the Bible down the throat of the Atheist, but I destroyed their whole belief system and now they realy dont have anything to believe in.
And they find that very uncomfortable!:):cool::D:D

Neutral Name

Even in nature and in the deepest wells of science or religion that always rings true. Jane goodall refused to depersonalize the chimpanzes. She got incredible heat for that. She was the kne that they used tools. There in the open for everyone to see no one saw it. We saw them as stupid mindless animals with none of our traits. We reallly saw them as defective compared to us perfect. Jane bless her heart said bs.

So when i say no defects jane goodall got it. Look where no one is looking... In the open. She helped me a bit there. No defexts just differnxes accross spectrum snd issues we sometimes must deal with to help them along. the way. None left behind. And i will walk in the naxk to make sure we are remembering that in this walk. Even barking and growling a bit.

Much respect for Jane Goddall. I have never heard that before. So many smart people on these forums.

Dell

Asteroid insurance?
Sure.
All I say is that Bible describes a Sun that originally shone with a dim red glow, and eventually ignited to its full extend we see now.
Therefore, the argument that God createds the Sun Moon and stars on the 4th day of Genesis is incorrect, the Bible does not say that at all.
Now, I love your question on what duration of time it would take Photons to excape the Sun.

But lets take this into consideration also.
1. You are using the age of Photons as theoretically calculated on the current dimentions and combinations of what the Sun consists off.
2. You ignore the nebular theory in totality, with the model of accretion that built the Sun and planets in our solar system.

Now think about the following.
Before the First day, the Sun shone with a dim red glow.
Genesis gives a description of how the Sun looked from the Earth.
It was just light. but not daylight.
The Sun was not even fully formed, and science describes the Solar system as being "dirty".
There were millions and millions of kilometeres of matter still strewn throughout the solarsystem, some accreting to the planets, moons, and some to the Sun itself.
The Sun was still growing.
Eventually the sun ignited to its fullest, blowing almost all of this dust into outer solarsystem space.
This was the clearing of the light paths to the earth and Moon, and other planets called stars.

Question is.
If the Sun on day 4 was still taking shape, how long did it take the photons then to escape the Sun?
I dont know, because no one bothered to calculate this theory.
Why?
Because it would mean some scientist will agree with a Biblical theory, and to the scientific world this thought is unacceptable.
However, anyone can postulate and realise, the gravitational field of the Earth took about 1500 years to reach its full strength, why will it not be the same as with the Sun.
The Sun was also a less dense entity, which grew and eventually fell in upon its own gravitational field.
Conclusion.
It will be logical to any scientist to understand that as the mass of the Sun increased exponentially, so did the time photons took to escape the Sun increase equally invert.

But, I am not worried about my thinking and science, but...
I love it when a staunce anti creation, anti Bible Atheist attempts to tell me that the Bible and science can never be reconciled on the origins of the Universe...
only to see how disgusted they get when they realise they were taught BS!
Once they are shown that a Christian, E Kant wrote his essay on the origins of the Universe in 1755, and this became the nebular theory which was proven correct over 200 years, and which science uses as the model of creation of our solar system, they just fall into denial.
You see, what I am doing is not to force the Bible down the throat of the Atheist, but I destroyed their whole belief system and now they realy dont have anything to believe in.
And they find that very uncomfortable!:):cool::D:D

No light in the current spectrum and luminosity, no heat... no oceans... no photothenisis. Maybe possible micro life around thermal vents if the earth had formed before the sun... o_O

On the first day of creation, God made the light and the darkness (Genesis 1:3–5). Light and dark were separated from one another and given names: "day" and "night." This made possible the first evening and morning, the first day.

What light? No way the sun can be formed to produce light in one day. Physically impossible! ;)

On the second day of creation, God made the sky, and placed it between the waters which were on the face of the earth and the precipitation that existed above the earth. This was the creation of the atmosphere. God called the expanse of sky "heavens" or "Heaven." This also happened on one literal day (Genesis 1:6–8). The word "heavens" in this passage (and also in Genesis 1:1) is the Hebrew word shamayim which refers to that which is above and beyond the physical ground, literally "aloft" or "lofty." It includes the place that contains the sky, the atmosphere, outer space—everything that is not the earth.

No way can a stable oxygen atmosphere be produced on one day, nor could there be a separation of such mass of water in one day. The atmosphere would be as chaotic as Jupiter. Physically Impossible! ;)

On the third day of creation, God created the dry land. Heretofore, it seems, the earth was a body of water, but now there were continents and islands and ground, which would be the place where plants would grow, and the home of the animals—not yet created. God then called the dry places "land" or "Earth" and the water "seas" and said that everything He had made was good (Genesis 1:9–13). The third day also saw the creation of all plants that grow on the earth, and bear fruit and seeds.

Apple tree in three days?!!! The earth pushed out would mean lava.. hellish heat.. extreme ash, steam, earth quakes, tidal waves... really must I continue? :rolleyes:

That is obviously a 3000yr old story created by bronze age ideas.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
More like Carl Sagan's mind is too small to understand God. Don't get me wrong I like Carl Sagan. But even the greatest of our minds can't comprehend God totally. Even the ones that fervently believe in Him.
I doubt we can comprehend even a little bit of God. This does not stop people from claiming to do it though.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
No light in the current spectrum and luminosity, no heat... no oceans... no photothenisis. Maybe possible micro life around thermal vents if the earth had formed before the sun... o_O

On the first day of creation, God made the light and the darkness (Genesis 1:3–5). Light and dark were separated from one another and given names: "day" and "night." This made possible the first evening and morning, the first day.

What light? No way the sun can be formed to produce light in one day. Physically impossible! ;)

On the second day of creation, God made the sky, and placed it between the waters which were on the face of the earth and the precipitation that existed above the earth. This was the creation of the atmosphere. God called the expanse of sky "heavens" or "Heaven." This also happened on one literal day (Genesis 1:6–8). The word "heavens" in this passage (and also in Genesis 1:1) is the Hebrew word shamayim which refers to that which is above and beyond the physical ground, literally "aloft" or "lofty." It includes the place that contains the sky, the atmosphere, outer space—everything that is not the earth.

No way can a stable oxygen atmosphere be produced on one day, nor could there be a separation of such mass of water in one day. The atmosphere would be as chaotic as Jupiter. Physically Impossible! ;)

On the third day of creation, God created the dry land. Heretofore, it seems, the earth was a body of water, but now there were continents and islands and ground, which would be the place where plants would grow, and the home of the animals—not yet created. God then called the dry places "land" or "Earth" and the water "seas" and said that everything He had made was good (Genesis 1:9–13). The third day also saw the creation of all plants that grow on the earth, and bear fruit and seeds.

Apple tree in three days?!!! The earth pushed out would mean lava.. hellish heat.. extreme ash, steam, earth quakes, tidal waves... really must I continue? :rolleyes:

That is obviously a 3000yr old story created by bronze age ideas.
No point in trying to rationalize an allegory that does not fit the evidence. It is a story written by men to explain the relationship between God and man in terms that they understood at the time. It was not dictated. It is poetry to be interpreted and not history or science.

Dell

Asteroid insurance?
No point in trying to rationalize an allegory that does not fit the evidence. It is a story written by men to explain the relationship between God and man in terms that they understood at the time. It was not dictated. It is poetry to be interpreted and not history or science.
Hmm.. yes the Egyptians, Persians, Greeks had the same kind of stories that where naturally rejected or changed by Judaism... Not that to understand how Hebrew stories were integrated into Christianity. Had Jesus and the apostile Paul and Peter had been a Buddhist guess what stories would Baptist be preaching today...