• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for christian universalists

Frank Goad

Christian universalism says everyone goes to heaven literally for free.The reason I don't like this idea is that you can live a life as bad as you want and still go to heaven with a pat on the back.At least that is what I have heard.Is this really what Christian universalism is all about?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Christian universalism says everyone goes to heaven literally for free.The reason I don't like this idea is that you can live a life as bad as you want and still go to heaven with a pat on the back.At least that is what I have heard.Is this really what Christian universalism is all about?
No.

The fundamental point to Universalism is "universal Salvation". The premise is that God loves all His children and wants them saved.

Almighty God gets what He wants.

Are you with me so far? Disagree about either of the assertions I just made?
If so, what is your disagreement.
Tom

PureX

Veteran Member
No. If anything of us survives death, then what we allowed ourselves to become in life will still be who we are in death. So either no one is escaping themselves, or there is no "self" to escape.