• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Anti-Trump Democrats

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Oh don't worry, we know.
The sad part of being in the rest of the world is we don't have that luxury.

Who's fault is that? Why do you think that so many of us adamantly and loudly defend the 2nd Amendment? We never want the government to be in a position to deny us that "luxury". Now we are not delusional, we know we can never out gun the military, but we will not go without a fight.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
And there's a very gigantic difference between the parties when it comes to many different areas such as ethics and elections H.R.1 For the People Act of 2019

Audie

Veteran Member
And there's a very gigantic difference between the parties when it comes to many different areas such as ethics and elections H.R.1 For the People Act of 2019

You are so right The Repulicans are all about hate,
and Democrats are about love. And that is how the
R people see it too, only the other way around.

That is totally like ginormous difference.

QuestioningMind

This is mainly directed at democrats who have the anti-Trump, "anyone but Trump", "any Blue will do" mentality.

Replacing Trump with any of these establishment, moderate, centrist type Democrats running for 2020 (like Kamala Harris, Robert O'Rourke, Joe Biden, Amy Klobuchar, Cory Booker, and I would even add Elizabeth Warren) what exactly is it do you think will change?

The rich will continue to get richer. The poor will continue to get poorer. People will still live paycheck to paycheck. Minimum wage will still be well below a living wage. Millions will still be medically under-insured or not insured. Thousands a year will continue to die because they cannot afford their medications. Oil companies will continue to drill and pollute. Our homeless population will continue to increase. Our criminal justice system will continue to create criminals for profit. We will still wage regime change wars. Money will still control politicians. And on and on.

All Donald Trump did was put an ugly face to these problems. He's the symptom, not the problem. Voting in a centrist Democrat who promises to maintain the status quo will solve what exactly? Saying "anyone but Trump" is just saying (IMO) put in someone who can make me forget that these problems exist.

A centrist democrat will only offer incremental changes to distract you while politicians help big pharma, big oil, Wall Street, big banks, private prisons, the military industrial complex, and all other corporate billionaires make even more money.

The most significant change would be that we would no longer have a person who is mentally unstable in charge of our country. And for me that alone is reason enough to say ANYONE BUT TRUMP. I am opposed to virtually all of Mike Pence's policy positions, but I would prefer to have him sitting in the Oval Office, for the simple reason that I am not concerned that he'd start a nuclear war just because of his dangerously fragile ego. With Trump it's a possibility that we wake up with every single day.

dianaiad

I know, and that's very sad.

Why? You folks don't seem to give a hoot about what WE think. From where I sit, it's all about the world judging us. We are supposed to live and die, hold our heads up or bow in shame, by what everybody else thinks?

I love the UK. I spent a year and a half 'across the pond," and got to know the Brits and the culture (as much as one can in a year and a half, anyway). However, reality is....the USA has five times the population of the entire British Isles, 40 times her geographical size, and we whooped your behinds nearly three hundred years ago. We've done just fine ever since. We have always respected "Mommy," even when we were fighting her and telling y'all where to stick your method of handling colonies.

So I have to ask, and please do not take this as an insult....but....why should we give a hoot about what anybody else thinks, when everybody else is so dead set about finding fault with us ? From what I have seen, nobody on the planet thinks we are anything but horrible.

suncowiam

Who's fault is that? Why do you think that so many of us adamantly and loudly defend the 2nd Amendment? We never want the government to be in a position to deny us that "luxury". Now we are not delusional, we know we can never out gun the military, but we will not go without a fight.

The fight that you want is a blood bath with civilians.

So if you can't out gun the military then shouldn't we have a second amendment that can actually work with little blood shed and less collateral harm to society in the form of unneeded gun violence?

Or is it just for some to have a path to guns?

dianaiad

So if you can't out gun the military then shouldn't we have a second amendment that can actually work with little blood shed and less collateral harm to society in the form of unneeded gun violence?

Look at history.

what is one of the very first things that any conqueror/dictator/absolutist king taking over a culture does?

It's an almost written down "How to take over and completely control a populace" list of rules.

............and it is the one addressed by the second amendment. It was NOT written to provide individuals with the right to shoot things. It was to make sure that nobody could disarm the entire populace and make us helpless.

............and don't kid yourself. An armed populace can resist, and has resisted, and in fact, er.....we managed to become an independent nation because our citizens were armed, and we defeated quite an army, come to think of it.

With no apologies at all to those who post here who are not US citizens/residents, I...am a direct descendant of Mayflower colonists, of John Adams, of pioneers who set their sights on freedom, including religious freedom...and my children are descendants of those--plus native Americans and slaves. We are "Americans" in every possible way to define the term.

I am loud and proud and not going to apologize to anybody for our raucous politics (and anybody who has read our history knows that what's going on now doesn't hold a candle to the insults, attacks and shenanigans that have occurred before Obama/Romney or Trump/Clinton. Shoot, the back and forthing going on now is down right tame compared to some of the stuff that has gone on before us. I mean, really---Trump and his opponents aren't facing each other over dueling pistols. You folks really need to go see Hamilton. Really.

So I'm patriotic and I'm partisan (well, usually) and I'm not going to meekly slink around worrying about what the EU or the UK or China or Russia or India or anybody else approves of. We are.....who we are.

And I, for one, love us.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

One reason America is what it is today is that deep down we know that freedom is not free and it has been, and probably always will be paid for in blood. I, for one, am willing to pay the price, not just for me, but for my children and my grandchildren. We, as Americans, have feasted on Liberties that most of the rest of the world has never even tasted, and we have to be ever vigilant to enemies, both foreign and domestic, that would try to curtail that liberty. I make no apologies on how I feel about living in this great country.

suncowiam

Look at history.

what is one of the very first things that any conqueror/dictator/absolutist king taking over a culture does?

It's an almost written down "How to take over and completely control a populace" list of rules.

............and it is the one addressed by the second amendment. It was NOT written to provide individuals with the right to shoot things. It was to make sure that nobody could disarm the entire populace and make us helpless.

............and don't kid yourself. An armed populace can resist, and has resisted, and in fact, er.....we managed to become an independent nation because our citizens were armed, and we defeated quite an army, come to think of it.

With no apologies at all to those who post here who are not US citizens/residents, I...am a direct descendant of Mayflower colonists, of John Adams, of pioneers who set their sights on freedom, including religious freedom...and my children are descendants of those--plus native Americans and slaves. We are "Americans" in every possible way to define the term.

I am loud and proud and not going to apologize to anybody for our raucous politics (and anybody who has read our history knows that what's going on now doesn't hold a candle to the insults, attacks and shenanigans that have occurred before Obama/Romney or Trump/Clinton. Shoot, the back and forthing going on now is down right tame compared to some of the stuff that has gone on before us. I mean, really---Trump and his opponents aren't facing each other over dueling pistols. You folks really need to go see Hamilton. Really.

So I'm patriotic and I'm partisan (well, usually) and I'm not going to meekly slink around worrying about what the EU or the UK or China or Russia or India or anybody else approves of. We are.....who we are.

And I, for one, love us.

That's fine and I agree that it's a fair point to make when a government removes the ability of civilians to defend themselves.

However, now we get into the details... The US government only allows citizens to arm themselves with small arms. Compared to all the arsenal the US government and other governments, these small arms are equivalent to basically nothing. Civilians have no chance against a government with the current rules so, in fact, the US government is already banning weapons that can help citizens effectively defend themselves. Let me repeat that... In fact, THE US GOVERNMENT HAS ALREADY STRIPPED THE RIGHTS OF CITIZENS TO EFFECTIVELY DEFEND THEMSELVES..

If you want to make a case that citizens can EFFECTIVELY defend themselves from a government, and I do mean EFFECTIVELY, then the second amendment as it is interpreted to only allow smalls arms is a failure.

Last edited:

suncowiam

One reason America is what it is today is that deep down we know that freedom is not free and it has been, and probably always will be paid for in blood. I, for one, am willing to pay the price, not just for me, but for my children and my grandchildren. We, as Americans, have feasted on Liberties that most of the rest of the world has never even tasted, and we have to be ever vigilant to enemies, both foreign and domestic, that would try to curtail that liberty. I make no apologies on how I feel about living in this great country.

You have not made a correlation of that freedom to the possession of guns.

You assume so because of the revolutionary war. You assume that the second amendment GUARANTEES this freedom by allowing citizens to own small arms. However, you have not proven the correlation of owning guns will enable this freedom. We have seen cases where government organizations pretty much defeat cult groups even when they were armed with small arms. And this was usually just done by the local police, swat, and/or the FBI. There has been no case where a modern cult can defeat a government organization.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Sentiments and viewpoints aside, I image that a lot of folks who flaunt their open carry to make a statement, especially at political rallies while all decked out in their 'tacticool' gear, would **** themselves in terror if/when it actually came time to engage in armed combat. For most it's simply LARP/cosplay level posturing and fantasy.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Bahaha...yeah, that's why...

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
You think that's it? No wonder you stay upset.
Not upset, just disappointed. I'm learning to lower my optimism and expectations when it comes to my fellow countrymen, though.

Nobody...really...so explain that to Hillary....she has plenty of free time.
I would've forgotten she existed if it weren't for your persistent reminiscence.