• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Anti-Trump Democrats

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
To me it's about ethics and morality. Trump has the ethics of a mob boss or worse. There have been a string of criminals that worked for him in jail, ignoring security problems to give incompetents clearances they should not have, appealing to the worst instincts of Americans rather than "the better angels of our nature", lying repeatedly about things are that proven otherwise, making statements that dictators make, claiming credit for other's work, repeating the thoughts of paranoids, inspiring violence by his followers, attacking our friends and defending dictators, ignoring laws to promote policies and on and on.

A President's true power resides in his ability to inspire people as Presidents in the past did. No one person can fix what needs to be fixed, but a President can help create a climate where improvements can be made.

Even if I violently disagree their his policies, past Presidents such as Bush after 9/11 and Reagan's "shining city on a hill" meme at least said the right thing.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Andrew Yang is a 2020 Democratic presidential hopeful who favors a guaranteed $1,000/month income for all American citizens over the age of 18; Andrew Yang proposes a $1,000 monthly universal basic benefit, he calls the Freedom dividend, for every American over the age of 18 who does not receive social security income. Those who qualify for social security income would receive the greater amount of either their designated social security benefits or the $1,000 monthly Universal Basic Income benefit. Andrew Yang proposes this $1,000 monthly guaranteed income benefit for every legal American adult be funded in part by a 10 percent value added tax system.

A $1,000 monthly universal basic income benefit system for American citizens between ages 18 to 65 would cost ca. $2 trillion dollars currently each year . A 10 percent Value added tax system like that implemented in Australia would generate ca. $800 billion annually of current value U.S. Dollars If this system of taxation were implemented in the U.S. If this Universal Basic Income Benefit were non-tax-exempt from federal income taxes, this would generate ca. $450 billion of tax revenue, based on the average annual U.S. income of $50,000 being taxed at a marginal tax rate of 22 percent. This Universal Basic Income Benefit could replace ca. $350 billion annually of federal welfare spending presently on food stamps, housing, education, job search programs , unemployment compensation and subsidized crop insurance. The remaining $400 billion needed to completely fund this universal basic income benefit system could be funded by Increasing the top marginal federal income tax rate from 37% to 43% along with increasing the second highest top marginal federal income tax rate from 35% to 38%, (These income tax hikes would now currently generate an additional ca. $200 billion/yr. of tax revenue), an additional 50 cent/gallon fuel excise tax, an additional 50 cent tobacco excise tax on each pack of cigarettes, a 50 percent increase of excise taxes on adult beverage alcohol content, a doubling of federal excise taxes on air travelers and national park visitors, (These excise tax hikes would currently generate an additional ca. $110 billion/yr of tax revenue) and the reduction of the exemption on the federal estate tax from $10 million to $5 million, (this would generate an additional ca. $40 billion/yr of tax revenue) , increasing the limit of annual income from $131k to $200k subject to social security taxes , ( this would currently generate ca. $60 billion/yr. of additional revenue),

In addition to his freedom dividend ( Universal Income Benefit system), 2020 Democratic Presidential hopeful Andrew Yang wants universal health care. Expanding Medicare Part A coverage from covering only senior citizens to Universal Medicare Part A (hospital insurance) for everybody could be done at a present annual cost of ca. $700 billion. This could be mostly paid by eliminating nearly $500 billion of annual federal spending currently towards Medicaid. A $1,000/month Universal Basic income benefit virtually eliminates poverty, this elimination of poverty along with universal Medicare Part A health insurance coverage, eliminates the need for federal government spending on Medicaid. The remaining $200 billion annual cost for funding Universal Medicare A hospital insurance could be paid by a modest rise in the corporate income tax from 21 percent to 25 percent.

Medicare Part B could then become a public option health insurance plan with affordable premiums for most anybody. ..... :)

What is Universal Basic Income? - Andrew Yang for President

Last edited:

Altfish

Veteran Member
Who cares? The U.K. can't even figure out Brexit plus it was about the same as with Bush. Funny thing is that of the western European nations the U.K. seems to be warming up to him the most.

PG_2018.10.1_U.S.-Image_0-5.png
I know, the UK is being led by Trump supporters, that's why we are in decline.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
This is mainly directed at democrats who have the anti-Trump, "anyone but Trump", "any Blue will do" mentality.

Replacing Trump with any of these establishment, moderate, centrist type Democrats running for 2020 (like Kamala Harris, Robert O'Rourke, Joe Biden, Amy Klobuchar, Cory Booker, and I would even add Elizabeth Warren) what exactly is it do you think will change?

The rich will continue to get richer. The poor will continue to get poorer. People will still live paycheck to paycheck. Minimum wage will still be well below a living wage. Millions will still be medically under-insured or not insured. Thousands a year will continue to die because they cannot afford their medications. Oil companies will continue to drill and pollute. Our homeless population will continue to increase. Our criminal justice system will continue to create criminals for profit. We will still wage regime change wars. Money will still control politicians. And on and on.

All Donald Trump did was put an ugly face to these problems. He's the symptom, not the problem. Voting in a centrist Democrat who promises to maintain the status quo will solve what exactly? Saying "anyone but Trump" is just saying (IMO) put in someone who can make me forget that these problems exist.

A centrist democrat will only offer incremental changes to distract you while politicians help big pharma, big oil, Wall Street, big banks, private prisons, the military industrial complex, and all other corporate billionaires make even more money.

You haven't given any reason to vote for Trump here. So even if everything you say is true, they could still vote for a Democratic candidate and be intellectually honest, right?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Most Americans could hardly give a small order of fish and chips as to what the world thinks of the US. The beauty of being an American is that I don't really care what the rest of the world thinks.

Oh don't worry, we know.
The sad part of being in the rest of the world is we don't have that luxury.

Ellen Brown

This is mainly directed at democrats who have the anti-Trump, "anyone but Trump", "any Blue will do" mentality.

Replacing Trump with any of these establishment, moderate, centrist type Democrats running for 2020 (like Kamala Harris, Robert O'Rourke, Joe Biden, Amy Klobuchar, Cory Booker, and I would even add Elizabeth Warren) what exactly is it do you think will change?

The rich will continue to get richer. The poor will continue to get poorer. People will still live paycheck to paycheck. Minimum wage will still be well below a living wage. Millions will still be medically under-insured or not insured. Thousands a year will continue to die because they cannot afford their medications. Oil companies will continue to drill and pollute. Our homeless population will continue to increase. Our criminal justice system will continue to create criminals for profit. We will still wage regime change wars. Money will still control politicians. And on and on.

All Donald Trump did was put an ugly face to these problems. He's the symptom, not the problem. Voting in a centrist Democrat who promises to maintain the status quo will solve what exactly? Saying "anyone but Trump" is just saying (IMO) put in someone who can make me forget that these problems exist.

A centrist democrat will only offer incremental changes to distract you while politicians help big pharma, big oil, Wall Street, big banks, private prisons, the military industrial complex, and all other corporate billionaires make even more money.

I'm 72 and wish you all the best. It's about over for me. Trump is the perfect image of "The Joker" in Batman.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
The analogy basically regards "voting for the lesser evil". If you and others believe that something so simple and basic requires a level of expertise then that would help explain how a bumbling buffoon like Trump got into power.

You think that's it? No wonder you stay upset.

Oh yeah, Brexit is a disaster. Trump and Brexit are from the same source.

Hahaha...this the best you got?

So the way to "make America great again" is to turn it into a pitiful joke that nobody takes seriously?

Nobody...really...so explain that to Hillary....she has plenty of free time.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
And really why should they? I doubt Botswana or
Spain or or or cares either.

The USA has been dealt the winning hand,
geopolitically. Best possible geographic
position, enormous resources-

The USA is going to be the dominant power
into the indefinite future, It is America's show,
not that of the European Uniion, or China, or
Russia.

Canada resents the overwhelming power of the
USA, and how they are pretty much ignored.

What might the USA actually do differently,
if it were somehow decided that it did matter
a whole lot what other countries think?

And I hope this never changes or we may become as wishy-washy as the rest of the world (we came close with the Obama presidency).

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It was claimed things were much worse under Trump, it was just one example of something that wasn't.

Hmm...it seemed more a positive claim to me. But ok...if you're point was that an existing trend continued, then sure. What's that worth, though?
Internet usage has continued to climb as well...but...err...