• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for all religions on here

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
THE RICH MAN AND LAZARUS (Luke 16) IS NOT A PARABLE

This website says the story of lazarus and the rich man is NOT a parable.I lean more to the jehovah witness religion so I believe it IS a parable.What do you think?Do you believe this website backs up the idea of it not being a parable or not?
Yeah, well it's on the internet so it must be true.

Come on. You KNOW the story is a PARABLE.

Muffled

Jesus in me
THE RICH MAN AND LAZARUS (Luke 16) IS NOT A PARABLE

This website says the story of lazarus and the rich man is NOT a parable.I lean more to the jehovah witness religion so I believe it IS a parable.What do you think?Do you believe this website backs up the idea of it not being a parable or not?

I believe the JW's are wrong about a great many things but this is probably not one of them.

I believe the concept that all parables have to have the same content is illogical.

I do believe like the other parables there is a moral lesson to the story.

I think another possibility is that God knowing the beginning from the end is relating a real account from a future event as though it already happened. I believe as a current or past event it has problems.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Using names of people does not determine whether it is a parable or not. As stated before the meaning is the same regardless.

If it is a problem please explain.

I believe the probem is that a parable is a fictional story and that gives some people liberty to say that some things in it are not so even though stories often have valid facts in them

Muffled

Jesus in me
What the earth was billions of years ago has nothing to do with Genesis. Nothing in Genesis indicates the billions of years documented of the ages of the earth and evolution, nor by the way the ice ages and glaciers that cover much of the earth at different times..The water world was ~3.2 billion years ago. Do you accept that?

If you are willing to accept some facts of science you should accept science, which you do not. Selectively accepting science to justify your agenda is unethical and dishonest.

I believe the first Genesis creation story fits but the second does not.