• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for all religions on here

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I think I answered your question: a tribe can have only one shaman.

Disagree it is not that simple.

The way I see it , God tried to guard Israeli unauthorized information. In a way it was a scientific experiment with Israeli, converting of bicameral minds. Unauthorized spirits can bring a lot of harm to a cause. Spirits can be benevolent , evil, or just having fun carelessly not regarding of results.

The way you see it . . . ? Kind of bizzaro. Not a good reference.

leov

Disagree it is not that simple.

The way you see it . . . ? Kind of bizzaro. Not a good reference.
There is no standard box...Gnosis comes personally. I understand how OT came about and its goal. You welcome to have your own understanding.

Zita

Solitary Eclectic Witch
Normally, a person would not be able to distinguish good spirit from pretending spirit, special ability and/or training required to know.
and I have special ability I'm blessed with the gift of discernment to see or sense that a unclean or pretending or evil spirit has come through and know how to bind and banish .I have had to do it during 2 different seance sessions that I was in, and several times during church ,but in practices that I do I always protect myself and others if needed to ward off any negative entities that may try to interfere and I've never had a problem so far.

Diamond

This is why God requires faith....if everything was provable then we would not need faith. If you thinks its just a story book then that is your prerogative. No one is forcing you to believe anything. You can exercise your free will, but understand that there are outcomes for all decisions.

Suit yourself. I have studied the "book" for many years and it is an amazing piece of work. The more I study it, the more amazing it becomes. It was written by some 40 men in the course of 1,600 years of history (from 1513 B.C.E. to 98 C.E.). Yet despite the variety of its penmen (from kings to fishermen) over such a long period of time, its internal harmony is incredible. It is actually one story from Genesis to Revelation. Only the Creator could produce such a book. By the sounds, I don't think you have ever read it.

The fact is that the dead are not in a conscious state, so they cannot communicate with anyone. (Ecclesiastes 9:5; 10) Angels however have been around since before mankind's beginning.....many of them followed satan into rebellion and took humans along with them. They know all about everyone, so if your dead loved ones tell you things that only they would know.....some one else knows too.

Are you aware that the devil is a mimic? He can transform himself into "an angel of light"

2 Corinthians 11:14-15...
"Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing extraordinary if his ministers also keep disguising themselves as ministers of righteousness. But their end will be according to their works."
....who knew his ruse could be so comforting? He did. He knows we don't want to die because we were created to live forever. He has tapped into that desire to go on living by convincing people that they don't really die....they go on living in an invisible form in an invisible realm.....but that is NOT what the Bible teaches.

He is a chameleon who can make himself into whatever you want him to be.....your best friend if that is what you desire. He has "ministers"....minions who do his bidding. These demons are the ones who impersonate the dead. But the warning is clear, dabble in demonic activity and the end will not be pleasant.

People who practice spiritism do not give the devil credit enough for what a masterful deceiver he is. If you participate in practices that God has warned you not to have anything to do with, and you ignore him.....what do you expect that he will do in response?

Blessings from the angel of light....how nice for you. Try leaving him.....I know people who have tried and wished that they had never started down that track....the demons will not leave quietly.

Revelation 21:8 gives a warning....
"But cowards, unbelievers, the corrupt, murderers, the immoral, those who practice witchcraft, idol worshipers, and all liars—their fate is in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.

The word there for witchcraft is "pharmakos" and means "pertaining to magical arts". The "fiery lake" is "the second death"....or a death that is everlasting....the opposite of everlasting life. The fire is symbolic of complete destruction...."gehenna" often translated as "hell" is not a place of conscious existence. God "destroys" souls in that place. (Matthew 10:28)

The prophet Samuel told King Saul..."Rebellion is as sinful as witchcraft, and stubbornness as bad as worshiping idols. So because you have rejected the command of the Lord, he has rejected you as king.”

If we likewise reject the commands of God, he will reject us too. You can choose to believe the Bible or not.

Who told you that the Creator made you as you are? He does not make anyone into anything.....no one's life is pre-ordained unless it was foretold in the Bible. We choose the path we travel.....and we can be influenced down a wrong path by a clever opponent. You can't be misled unless you deliberately disobey God's commands. Do that and you lose his protection. The deceiver will masquerade as your best friend.....and as long as you follow his lead, you will prosper because he takes care of his own.....he gets real mad if you leave him though.

Good for you. Since there is no such place as Christendom's "hell", I assure you that you won't go there.....those who disobey God will just have their gift of life revoked as those who do not deserve to retain it. God has no interest in torturing anyone. We are offered either life or death....the only two choices there were in Eden. By our choices we tell God who we are and whether he wants us in his kingdom. Its really that simple. He wants those who can follow his direction, not those who want to please themselves.

That is how I see it.
and this is how I see it:
If there was no bible you'd be lost wouldn't you? you are so sure you are right and you would honor it till yo death,just like so many!! my,my,my you really don't know absolutely with out a doubt that the words in that bible is even accurate and true,there is no one that you can call or bring in person to tell or show us proof that those words aren't just meaningless chatter someone decided to write and form a story of the Creation and God and his rules of the world, you can't tell God and Jesus to make an appearance and set the record straight to the ones of us who don't believe the bible, and there wasn't any cameras or cell phones so someone could have recorded a video of all the circumstances that happened such as Jesus walking on water,parting of the red sea,the burning bush,Jesus turning water into wine,Mary getting pregnant with out having sex and oh yea, and that snake who handed the apple to eve and convinced her to bite it (that really took some vivid imagination),:laughing:and so on and so on.and there were no recorders to record the conversations with God telling man his commands and demands to write in scriptures . or Jesus conversations with the disciples or others:kissingsmiling:.So I wonder how you really know the bible is true, and how do you dare form your lips telling others they should follow the words in the book or else their life is not gonna be blessed or that God will revoke their gift of life for not obeying him ,and we will end up burning in the fiery pit! You have a lot of nerve to spread those convictions when you have no proof to back your claim. Talking about you did your job by telling diamond ,all you did was waste yo time typing all that cause it told us who doubt the words in the bible,nothing but more meaningless scripture of he said,they said this is how it is,no actual proof or evidence to support those scriptures you quoted that would change our view point.I tell people quick it's just my opinion,but I don't judge them for their beliefs or tell them how it's gonna be because they don't believe as I do. Because I don't know that.Just like you don't,cause the God I believe in doesn't operate the way your bible describes him.(thank Goodness).But for your sake I do hope you are right cause you will be one sad puppy if you die and realize you were wrong the whole time. Have a nice day.:innocent:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
and I have special ability I'm blessed with the gift of discernment to see or sense that a unclean or pretending or evil spirit has come through and know how to bind and banish .I have had to do it during 2 different seance sessions that I was in, and several times during church ,but in practices that I do I always protect myself and others if needed to ward off any negative entities that may try to interfere and I've never had a problem so far.

I am seriously skeptical of being 'blessed with the gift of discernment. . . ' whatever. Your interpretation is one many conflicting claims.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I kinda feel sorry for you,you are more of a puppet on a string,and through all your studying you still don't really know of all the possibilities God has in this Universe, and the spiritual realm holds for us,because of what a man or men wrote thousands of years ago. oh well, you've been told.

This is the beauty of free will.....we all get to choose what to believe and why we believe it. But at the end of the day, a belief is just a belief. Believing a lie doesn't make it the truth....it then becomes a personal delusion. God allows us to keep our delusions because we have no love for an uncomfortable truth. (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12)

We get emotionally attached to our chosen views and don't recognise the truth when we hear it because it's not what we want to believe.
What complex creatures we are......one truth remains crystal clear however.....we can't all be right. :D

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
and this is how I see it:
If there was no bible you'd be lost wouldn't you? you are so sure you are right and you would honor it till yo death,just like so many!! my,my,my you really don't know absolutely with out a doubt that the words in that bible is even accurate and true,there is no one that you can call or bring in person to tell or show us proof that those words aren't just meaningless chatter someone decided to write and form a story of the Creation and God and his rules of the world, you can't tell God and Jesus to make an appearance and set the record straight to the ones of us who don't believe the bible, and there wasn't any cameras or cell phones so someone could have recorded a video of all the circumstances that happened such as Jesus walking on water,parting of the red sea,the burning bush,Jesus turning water into wine,Mary getting pregnant with out having sex and oh yea, and that snake who handed the apple to eve and convinced her to bite it (that really took some vivid imagination),:laughing:and so on and so on.and there were no recorders to record the conversations with God telling man his commands and demands to write in scriptures . or Jesus conversations with the disciples or others:kissingsmiling:.So I wonder how you really know the bible is true, and how do you dare form your lips telling others they should follow the words in the book or else their life is not gonna be blessed or that God will revoke their gift of life for not obeying him ,and we will end up burning in the fiery pit! You have a lot of nerve to spread those convictions when you have no proof to back your claim. Talking about you did your job by telling diamond ,all you did was waste yo time typing all that cause it told us who doubt the words in the bible,nothing but more meaningless scripture of he said,they said this is how it is,no actual proof or evidence to support those scriptures you quoted that would change our view point.I tell people quick it's just my opinion,but I don't judge them for their beliefs or tell them how it's gonna be because they don't believe as I do. Because I don't know that.Just like you don't,cause the God I believe in doesn't operate the way your bible describes him.(thank Goodness).But for your sake I do hope you are right cause you will be one sad puppy if you die and realize you were wrong the whole time. Have a nice day.:innocent:

After all that....are you really sure that satan is not masquerading as your best friend.....he's a clever little devil you know. He and his minions have had thousands of years to perfect their craft. They know how to deceive like no one else because human nature does not change. Con artists play on the appearance of their own credibility....who would believe them otherwise? ......like "angels of light".....butter wouldn't melt in their mouths.

The first rule of warfare is to "know your enemy"......but how many are sleeping with him, unawares? How would they know? At this moment, we are all choosing our own destiny....and that's fair IMO. We choose the path...we choose the destination. God will not interfere with our choices.

I guess we will all know the truth soon enough....won't we?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
@Diamond ,....
....what's your pov of this? Is this person making it up? (No way, IMO)

And what about the others here, like Ragin Pagan, etc., who aver that they actually speak w/ invisible sentient entities? (Some call them, their 'guides'.)

Are every one of these people delusional to you?

I could ask the same thing of @Subduction Zone , @Audie , or other skeptics.

Diamond

After all that....are you really sure that satan is not masquerading as your best friend.....he's a clever little devil you know. He and his minions have had thousands of years to perfect their craft. They know how to deceive like no one else because human nature does not change. Con artists play on the appearance of their own credibility....who would believe them otherwise? ......like "angels of light".....butter wouldn't melt in their mouths.

The first rule of warfare is to "know your enemy"......but how many are sleeping with him, unawares? How would they know? At this moment, we are all choosing our own destiny....and that's fair IMO. We choose the path...we choose the destination. God will not interfere with our choices.

aww give a rest would ya?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I fully understand not everyone understands such things.

I prefer to accept no one understands such things in the manner you claim, because of the fallible nature of humans, and the facts of many conflicting interpretations and the lack of provenance of the scriptures your trying to nail down a specific absolute true interpretation.

Last edited:

Diamond

@Diamond ,....
....what's your pov of this? Is this person making it up? (No way, IMO)

And what about the others here, like Ragin Pagan, etc., who aver that they actually speak w/ invisible sentient entities? (Some call them, their 'guides'.)

Are every one of these people delusional to you?

I could ask the same thing of @Subduction Zone , @Audie , or other skeptics.

well I can't say if she's making it up or not, but I can say that I do know a couple of people who have come up against evil spirits and even was attacked by a evil spirit, it scratched both her forearms up. It sounds like a movie and not true but it happened. I grew up in in the holistic faith and I knew several people who have the gift of discernment to recognize different spirits and they were always spot on. I was even in church and witnessed a man who had a suicide demon attached to him and they worked and worked with that man to get that spirit off, he wasn't joking cause he convulsing and forming at the mouth and lumps were coming up in his throat, it was crazy!! every since that I don't doubt anything when it comes to claims of different kind of spirits!! In the holistic faith they teach about demons and spirits, the spiritual gifts that people have, and on discernment,speaking tongues and how to bind a spirit banish a spirit or cast out a spirit (demon).It's real and hard to believe but I'm a witness. As for spirit guides yes I have communicated with one before while in my meditation state, it was a beautiful experience, once again it may be hard to believe, but it's real.Trust me I'm not gonna waste my time telling a lie.

Diamond

This is the beauty of free will.....we all get to choose what to believe and why we believe it. But at the end of the day, a belief is just a belief. Believing a lie doesn't make it the truth....it then becomes a personal delusion. God allows us to keep our delusions because we have no love for an uncomfortable truth. (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12)

We get emotionally attached to our chosen views and don't recognize the truth when we hear it because it's not what we want to believe.
What complex creatures we are......one truth remains crystal clear however.....we can't all be right. :D
how do we know that we can't all be right, maybe God grants us what we believe in while we are here on earth and when we die that is our reality, if you believe in going to judgement and then to heaven or hell then that's what you experience, if you believe in reincarnation then that's what will happen for you, it you believed you are dead and exist no more then lights out and bye bye,if you believe you will become an ghost and wonder here on earth then happy haunting and etc. so maybe we are all right.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
how do we know that we can't all be right, maybe God grants us what we believe in while we are here on earth and when we die that is our reality, if you believe in going to judgement and then to heaven or hell then that's what you experience, if you believe in reincarnation then that's what will happen for you, it you believed you are dead and exist no more then lights out and bye bye,if you believe you will become an ghost and wonder here on earth then happy haunting and etc. so maybe we are all right.

It is not a matter of me or anyone can claim we can't be right. Making absolute claims of the interpretation of subjective anecdotal understanding of ancient scripture without provenance is like a million monkeys on typewriters in your view, they all can be right.

Zita

Solitary Eclectic Witch
well I can't say if she's making it up or not, but I can say that I do know a couple of people who have come up against evil spirits and even was attacked by a evil spirit, it scratched both her forearms up. It sounds like a movie and not true but it happened. I grew up in in the holistic faith and I knew several people who have the gift of discernment to recognize different spirits and they were always spot on. I was even in church and witnessed a man who had a suicide demon attached to him and they worked and worked with that man to get that spirit off, he wasn't joking cause he convulsing and forming at the mouth and lumps were coming up in his throat, it was crazy!! every since that I don't doubt anything when it comes to claims of different kind of spirits!! In the holistic faith they teach about demons and spirits, the spiritual gifts that people have, and on discernment,speaking tongues and how to bind a spirit banish a spirit or cast out a spirit (demon).It's real and hard to believe but I'm a witness. As for spirit guides yes I have communicated with one before while in my meditation state, it was a beautiful experience, once again it may be hard to believe, but it's real.Trust me I'm not gonna waste my time telling a lie.
Hey Diamond I appreciated your post a lot, it's not many new age people on here, I don't think. Glad I'm not a lone.:sweatsmile:

Zita

Solitary Eclectic Witch
It is not a matter of me or anyone can claim we can't be right. Making absolute claims of the interpretation of subjective anecdotal understanding of ancient scripture without provenance is like a million monkeys on typewriters in your view, they all can be right.
Personally it kinda made me think a little,with God all things are possible, right?

Zita

Solitary Eclectic Witch
I prefer to accept no one understands such things in the manner you claim, because of the fallible nature of humans, and the facts of many conflicting interpretations and the lack of provenance of the scriptures your trying to nail down a specific absolute true interpretation.
Do you read the Bible? cause even though I don't read the bible anymore, I clearly remember it talking about demons and discerning of spirits as well as casting out demons and unclean spirits.so why is it so hard for you to grasp the concept of what Diamond said, I fully got it.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Oh, ok...I apparently misunderstood, thinking you didn't believe such things.

Your issue is w/ the Bible. Got it.
See, for me, the Bible's warning people to avoid such things that can bring the demons -- summon them, if you will -- is one aspect that reinforces, to me, that it is divine.

I hope you can follow my line of thought: Revelation 12:9 states that the Devil, (i.e., God's enemy, hence the Bible's enemy) is "misleading the entire inhabited Earth", ok?

That's a grand statement! Is there any evidence to lead one to believe that?

Yes. One way most are misled.... The beliefs that people have re: their dead loved ones...
Almost everyone believes, and almost every religion teaches, that their dead loved ones are living 'in another realm', somewhere. (Me too, at one time.) Even in Christendom, professed Bible supporters.

But the Bible says just the opposite!

Genesis 3:19... Ecclesiastes 9:5... Psalms 146:3-4, etc.,etc.

Remember I stated earlier, 'The Bible warns people to avoid practices that could summon demons.'? One of them, is trying to talk to, communicate with, the dead. -- Deuteronomy 18:10-12

Why? Why would a God of love tell us not to do so?
Because if what Genesis... Ecclesiastes...Psalms says is correct, then we're not really speaking with our dead loved ones! Rather, our contact is with invisible, intelligent imposters! We are being misled, as the Scripture states!

If this is hard to follow...I apologise.

There are other issues where many are misled.

Take care.

Diamond

Oh, ok...I apparently misunderstood, thinking you didn't believe such things.

Your issue is w/ the Bible. Got it.
See, for me, the Bible's warning people to avoid such things that can bring the demons -- summon them, if you will -- is one aspect that reinforces, to me, that it is divine.

I hope you can follow my line of thought: Revelation 12:9 states that the Devil, (i.e., God's enemy, hence the Bible's enemy) is "misleading the entire inhabited Earth", ok?

That's a grand statement! Is there any evidence to lead one to believe that?

Yes. One way most are misled.... The beliefs that people have re: their dead loved ones...
Almost everyone believes, and almost every religion teaches, that their dead loved ones are living 'in another realm', somewhere. (Me too, at one time.) Even in Christendom, professed Bible supporters.

But the Bible says just the opposite!

Genesis 3:19... Ecclesiastes 9:5... Psalms 146:3-4, etc.,etc.

Remember I stated earlier, 'The Bible warns people to avoid practices that could summon demons.'? One of them, is trying to talk to, communicate with, the dead. -- Deuteronomy 18:10-12

Why? Why would a God of love tell us not to do so?
Because if what Genesis... Ecclesiastes...Psalms says is correct, then we're not really speaking with our dead loved ones! Rather, our contact is with invisible, intelligent imposters! We are being misled, as the Scripture states!

If this is hard to follow...I apologise.

There are other issues where many are misled.

Take care.
Thanks for understanding me and I do understand you and your take on it.
Blessings

Zita

Solitary Eclectic Witch

You know what? You are one arrogant B*%ch. If you are what a Christian is like,I would never be a Christian, you really give those people who are striving to be a real Christian a bad name and yea I went there I call it like I see it.,I've noticed on each post I read you have to talk down to a person,and basically make that person what to retaliate.Well if she didn't I am now. Trust me you will bust hell wide open way before us non believers get there.:rage: