• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for all religions on here

Diamond

Case of witch of Endor.
This is a belief that permeates almost all religions, both Christian and non-Christian.....but it finds no support at all in the Bible. The ancient Jews had no belief in an afterlife at all. The only disembodied spirits that the Bible mentions are angels. Faithful angels always materialized in human form to bring their messages to God's servants, but demons had that ability taken away from them after the flood of Noah's day when they abused it. So who are these spirits that pretend to be our dead loved ones?

When you consider that this is basically saying that spiritism is OK because these are just the spirits of dead people, then it must be all right...but is that true?

God's law to Israel was....
“When you come into the land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominable practices of those nations. 10 There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer 11 or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, 12 for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you." (Deuteronomy 18:9-12 ESV)

If all spiritistic practices were forbidden by God, then calling them "abominations" indicates that these things were not just 'bad' but had to be avoided at all costs, because it meant putting oneself under the control of the demons.

Why would God forbid us to inquire of our dead loved ones whom we could freely communicate with in life, but not after death? It was because this is not who we are talking to. Demons masquerade as the dead to promote the first lie that the devil told in Eden...."you surely will not die". Yet God told Adam that they would simply return to the dust. There is no mention of an afterlife or an immortal soul in Genesis or any other Bible book. Satan has lied to mankind from the beginning, making suggestions and offering all manner of deception to gain his converts.....if we fall for them by going against what God says, then we place ourselves in harm's way. We will end up paying for it with our lives, according to the Bible.

Well just to let you know I don't agree with the bible on basically anything, It's a story book to me written by one or more people who have a good imagination my comment didn't come from "the Bible"it came from a portion of my own beliefs,some agree and some don't. Communicating with the dead to me is not a "trick" of the devil. I enjoyed talking with my dad who had been dead for 20 years and we discussed things only my family knows,it was amazing and comforting Mediums are connected to the spiritual realm in an awesome way and has offered many help and comforting results.You Christians give the devil to much credit.I practice divination every day when I read my tarot cards for myself and others, and I read pendulums as well as other means of communicating with the spiritual realm and I'm happy in life and very blessed!!and have been every since I left the Christian religion and it's dogma 20 plus years ago. I'm not under the control of demons because demons don't give blessings that lasts and each time I practice divination I receive awesome blessings as well as knowledge from the spiritual realm that helps and guides me or others spiritually as well as in my and others life.the Creator made me as I am,he knows all about me and who I am,he's the only one who can give me these gifts,abilities and powers and he knows I use them for the good of his people,maybe these are abominations to you and the other bible followers ,ok; good if that's what works for you. As for me I'm all good and will continue doing and believing as I do & enjoying this lifetime without constant fear of "sinning" and going to hell.

Diamond

Are you the body? We are souls only. And eventually we are the spirit only.
Soul is the part of us that covers our will,affections,thoughts,feelings and decisions ,our mind and emotions,the part of us that connects with our fellow human beings and stores life's experiences and lessons learned.many believe our soul never dies.
Spirit is the part that connects to God and covers our faith,trust,worship,our life force and our spiritual beliefs.

atanu

Premium Member
Soul is the part of us that covers our will,affections,thoughts,feelings and decisions ,our mind and emotions,the part of us that connects with our fellow human beings and stores life's experiences and lessons learned.many believe our soul never dies.
Spirit is the part that connects to God and covers our faith,trust,worship,our life force and our spiritual beliefs.

Oh. Okay.

Jedster

Like sentient soul? I think you are correct. Nephesh and neshamah.

Like sentient soul? Yes. That is how it is used in conversation.
Also, if my memory serves, it is a spark of God, i.e indestructible.
There are undoubtedly other opinions, but that is how it was explained to me.

Zita

Solitary Eclectic Witch
Sons of Israel received instruction from their God and those instruction were different from those of God's of Canaan, to protect Sons of Israel from wrong information, undermining God's instruction, e.g. human sacrifices, cannibalism . General demon tricks too.
This is not really answering the question of what is the harm in communicating with people who has passed on,such as a parent, a child, grandparent etc.what would it hurt?what is bad about it?why would God forbid it? God is spirit and deceased people are spirits.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
No need to think about this at all,it's a story in a book that can't be proven to be true.

This is why God requires faith....if everything was provable then we would not need faith. If you thinks its just a story book then that is your prerogative. No one is forcing you to believe anything. You can exercise your free will, but understand that there are outcomes for all decisions.

Sorry I'm just not gonna live in fear just because of some words in a book.

Suit yourself. I have studied the "book" for many years and it is an amazing piece of work. The more I study it, the more amazing it becomes. It was written by some 40 men in the course of 1,600 years of history (from 1513 B.C.E. to 98 C.E.). Yet despite the variety of its penmen (from kings to fishermen) over such a long period of time, its internal harmony is incredible. It is actually one story from Genesis to Revelation. Only the Creator could produce such a book. By the sounds, I don't think you have ever read it.

What is the harm in communicating with someone who has passed on? what would it hurt?Why would God forbid it?give me some valued reasons.

The fact is that the dead are not in a conscious state, so they cannot communicate with anyone. (Ecclesiastes 9:5; 10) Angels however have been around since before mankind's beginning.....many of them followed satan into rebellion and took humans along with them. They know all about everyone, so if your dead loved ones tell you things that only they would know.....some one else knows too.

Communicating with the dead to me is not a "trick" of the devil. I enjoyed talking with my dad who had been dead for 20 years and we discussed things only my family knows,it was amazing and comforting Mediums are connected to the spiritual realm in an awesome way and has offered many help and comforting results.

Are you aware that the devil is a mimic? He can transform himself into "an angel of light"

2 Corinthians 11:14-15...
"Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing extraordinary if his ministers also keep disguising themselves as ministers of righteousness. But their end will be according to their works."
....who knew his ruse could be so comforting? He did. He knows we don't want to die because we were created to live forever. He has tapped into that desire to go on living by convincing people that they don't really die....they go on living in an invisible form in an invisible realm.....but that is NOT what the Bible teaches.

He is a chameleon who can make himself into whatever you want him to be.....your best friend if that is what you desire. He has "ministers"....minions who do his bidding. These demons are the ones who impersonate the dead. But the warning is clear, dabble in demonic activity and the end will not be pleasant.

You Christians give the devil to much credit.I practice divination every day when I read my tarot cards for myself and others, and I read pendulums as well as other means of communicating with the spiritual realm and I'm happy in life and very blessed!!and have been every since I left the Christian religion and it's dogma 20 plus years ago.

People who practice spiritism do not give the devil credit enough for what a masterful deceiver he is. If you participate in practices that God has warned you not to have anything to do with, and you ignore him.....what do you expect that he will do in response?

I'm not under the control of demons because demons don't give blessings that lasts and each time I practice divination I receive awesome blessings as well as knowledge from the spiritual realm that helps and guides me or others spiritually as well as in my and others life.

Blessings from the angel of light....how nice for you. Try leaving him.....I know people who have tried and wished that they had never started down that track....the demons will not leave quietly.

Revelation 21:8 gives a warning....
"But cowards, unbelievers, the corrupt, murderers, the immoral, those who practice witchcraft, idol worshipers, and all liars—their fate is in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.

The word there for witchcraft is "pharmakos" and means "pertaining to magical arts". The "fiery lake" is "the second death"....or a death that is everlasting....the opposite of everlasting life. The fire is symbolic of complete destruction...."gehenna" often translated as "hell" is not a place of conscious existence. God "destroys" souls in that place. (Matthew 10:28)

The prophet Samuel told King Saul..."Rebellion is as sinful as witchcraft, and stubbornness as bad as worshiping idols. So because you have rejected the command of the Lord, he has rejected you as king.”

If we likewise reject the commands of God, he will reject us too. You can choose to believe the Bible or not.

the Creator made me as I am,he knows all about me and who I am,he's the only one who can give me these gifts,abilities and powers and he knows I use them for the good of his people,maybe these are abominations to you and the other bible followers ,ok; good if that's what works for you.

Who told you that the Creator made you as you are? He does not make anyone into anything.....no one's life is pre-ordained unless it was foretold in the Bible. We choose the path we travel.....and we can be influenced down a wrong path by a clever opponent. You can't be misled unless you deliberately disobey God's commands. Do that and you lose his protection. The deceiver will masquerade as your best friend.....and as long as you follow his lead, you will prosper because he takes care of his own.....he gets real mad if you leave him though.

As for me I'm all good and will continue doing and believing as I do & enjoying this lifetime without constant fear of "sinning" and going to hell.

Good for you. Since there is no such place as Christendom's "hell", I assure you that you won't go there.....those who disobey God will just have their gift of life revoked as those who do not deserve to retain it. God has no interest in torturing anyone. We are offered either life or death....the only two choices there were in Eden. By our choices we tell God who we are and whether he wants us in his kingdom. Its really that simple. He wants those who can follow his direction, not those who want to please themselves.

That is how I see it.

Diamond

This is why God requires faith....if everything was provable then we would not need faith. If you thinks its just a story book then that is your prerogative. No one is forcing you to believe anything. You can exercise your free will, but understand that there are outcomes for all decisions.

Suit yourself. I have studied the "book" for many years and it is an amazing piece of work. The more I study it, the more amazing it becomes. It was written by some 40 men in the course of 1,600 years of history (from 1513 B.C.E. to 98 C.E.). Yet despite the variety of its penmen (from kings to fishermen) over such a long period of time, its internal harmony is incredible. It is actually one story from Genesis to Revelation. Only the Creator could produce such a book. By the sounds, I don't think you have ever read it.

The fact is that the dead are not in a conscious state, so they cannot communicate with anyone. (Ecclesiastes 9:5; 10) Angels however have been around since before mankind's beginning.....many of them followed satan into rebellion and took humans along with them. They know all about everyone, so if your dead loved ones tell you things that only they would know.....some one else knows too.

Are you aware that the devil is a mimic? He can transform himself into "an angel of light"

"Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing extraordinary if his ministers also keep disguising themselves as ministers of righteousness. But their end will be according to their works."
....who knew his ruse could be so comforting? He did. He knows we don't want to die because we were created to live forever. He has tapped into that desire to go on living by convincing people that they don't really die....they go on living in an invisible form in an invisible realm.....but that is NOT what the Bible teaches.

He is a chameleon who can make himself into whatever you want him to be.....your best friend if that is what you desire. He has "ministers"....minions who do his bidding. These demons are the ones who impersonate the dead. But the warning is clear, dabble in demonic activity and the end will not be pleasant.

People who practice spiritism do not give the devil credit enough for what a masterful deceiver he is. If you participate in practices that God has warned you not to have anything to do with, and you ignore him.....what do you expect that he will do in response?

Blessings from the angel of light....how nice for you. Try leaving him.....I know people who have tried and wished that they had never started down that track....the demons will not leave quietly.

"But cowards, unbelievers, the corrupt, murderers, the immoral, those who practice witchcraft, idol worshipers, and all liars—their fate is in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.

The word there for witchcraft is "pharmakos" and means "pertaining to magical arts". The "fiery lake" is "the second death"....or a death that is everlasting....the opposite of everlasting life. The fire is symbolic of complete destruction...."gehenna" often translated as "hell" is not a place of conscious existence. God "destroys" souls in that place. (Matthew 10:28)

The prophet Samuel told King Saul..."Rebellion is as sinful as witchcraft, and stubbornness as bad as worshiping idols. So because you have rejected the command of the Lord, he has rejected you as king.”

If we likewise reject the commands of God, he will reject us too. You can choose to believe the Bible or not.

Who told you that the Creator made you as you are? He does not make anyone into anything.....no one's life is pre-ordained unless it was foretold in the Bible. We choose the path we travel.....and we can be influenced down a wrong path by a clever opponent. You can't be misled unless you deliberately disobey God's commands. Do that and you lose his protection. The deceiver will masquerade as your best friend.....and as long as you follow his lead, you will prosper because he takes care of his own.....he gets real mad if you leave him though.

Good for you. Since there is no such place as Christendom's "hell", I assure you that you won't go there.....those who disobey God will just have their gift of life revoked as those who do not deserve to retain it. God has no interest in torturing anyone. We are offered either life or death....the only two choices there were in Eden. By our choices we tell God who we are and whether he wants us in his kingdom. Its really that simple. He wants those who can follow his direction, not those who want to please themselves.

That is how I see it.
spoken like a true Christian who feels the bible is written in stone but can't prove any of it, and yes I have read the bible not all the way through because I didn't feel I needed to.It's so funny to me you have to quote scripture after scripture after scripture to prove a point,do you have common sense of your own at all?and yes God made me as I am perfect in his sight,are you forgetting that he knows everything about us,every gift,ability and power I have and use came from him,and he makes no mistakes, the bible and people like you want us to feel we are less then perfect,but we are,we may make mistakes and choice the wrong things, etc. but we are perfect and God will always cover me and protect me and forgive me and continue to love me no matter what,and you can be lead down the wrong path just like anyone can and not just cause I don't follow the bible. I talk and listen to God for myself,and I also use the common sense God gave me to know the difference between right and wrong and what's good and what's bad, how to treat people and all the other issues in life, I obey the Creator and he communicates with me and I listen, I don't need a bunch of words to live right as yall call it, but you wouldn't know anything about that, cause you are busy with your nose stuck in a good fictional novel.So sorry to inform you but I have witnessed that people who have passed can communicate with the living, I read enough of the bible to know to me it's hogwash, yep I said it a bunch of bull that has fed millions of people and still is. Now since you say that demons can mimic so good and fool people so well, how do you know that a demonic force didn't write the bible to put all yall people in complete control of him and mimic as the ones who wrote it, and mimic the spirit of divinity when you read it?They said the devil can tell you the bible as well as anyone else,So maybe he got his demons together and said what he thought would hook yall in and said things he figured yall would go with.or maybe he mimicked as a holy spirit to the person writing the scriptures and they wrote what was told cause they were fooled.I mean you said the devil and his demons are powerful and decieving and you said he has his ministers so.......fact is you weren't there to hear God or Jesus words,if they said anything at all and you wasn't around when the men wrote this book, you can't prove who wrote it or that anything in it is true. I have plenty of faith in The Creator just not the bible.I fully understand the outcome of my actions; a blessed happy and fulfilled life that the Creator provides for me, just like the last 23 years ,you can quote scriptures without proof of what you believe, I am proof of what I believe. have you studied up on witchcraft or witches? I doubt it you just go by the bible says and what other bible people say.It really doesn't matter to me what you believe about it.Ignorance is common in Christians.

Diamond

That is how I see it.
spoken like a true Christian who feels the bible is written in stone but can't prove any of it, and yes I have read the bible not all the way through because I didn't feel I needed to.It's so funny to me you have to quote scripture after scripture after scripture to prove a point,do you have common sense of your own at all?and yes God made me as I am perfect in his sight,are you forgetting that he knows everything about us,every gift,ability and power I have and use came from him,and he makes no mistakes, the bible and people like you want us to feel we are less then perfect,but we are,we may make mistakes and choice the wrong things, etc. but we are perfect and God will always cover me and protect me and forgive me and continue to love me no matter what,and you can be lead down the wrong path just like anyone can and not just cause I don't follow the bible. I talk and listen to God for myself,and I also use the common sense God gave me to know the difference between right and wrong and what's good and what's bad, how to treat people and all the other issues in life, I obey the Creator and he communicates with me and I listen, I don't need a bunch of words to live right as yall call it, but you wouldn't know anything about that, cause you are busy with your nose stuck in a good fictional novel.So sorry to inform you but I have witnessed that people who have passed can communicate with the living, I read enough of the bible to know to me it's hogwash, yep I said it a bunch of bull that has fed millions of people and still is. Now since you say that demons can mimic so good and fool people so well, how do you know that a demonic force didn't write the bible to put all yall people in complete control of him and mimic as the ones who wrote it, and mimic the spirit of divinity when you read it?They said the devil can tell you the bible as well as anyone else,So maybe he got his demons together and said what he thought would hook yall in and said things he figured yall would go with.or maybe he mimicked as a holy spirit to the person writing the scriptures and they wrote what was told cause they were fooled.I mean you said the devil and his demons are powerful and decieving and you said he has his ministers so.......fact is you weren't there to hear God or Jesus words,if they said anything at all and you wasn't around when the men wrote this book, you can't prove who wrote it or that anything in it is true. I have plenty of faith in The Creator just not the bible.I fully understand the outcome of my actions; a blessed happy and fulfilled life that the Creator provides for me, just like the last 23 years ,you can quote scriptures without proof of what you believe, I am proof of what I believe. have you studied up on witchcraft or witches? I doubt it you just go by the bible says and what other bible people say.It really doesn't matter to me what you believe about it.Ignorance is common in Christians.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

As y'all wish....your choices are all yours to make. Can't say you weren't informed though...OK? :D
I have done my job.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Can you tell me why would these things be forbidden by God,as the bible says?

God forbids spiritism because there are only two sources of power in existence, according to the Bible. That which is authorized by God, and that which is misused without his permission or sanction.

Yall sure give demons a lot of power.you said the bible mentions Angels,so why can't Angels come and give us guidance and inspiration today?

Angels, according to the Bible, are very powerful creatures but their power is used only under God's direction and control. Angels are primarily messengers. They are deliverers of God's instructions....it is not their assignment to give guidance and inspiration. God and his son do that.

and what about those guardian angels who were once your loved ones and come to help us from time to time!! in different ways that's communicating with "the dead".

The Bible says nothing about loved ones becoming guardian angels. If we have guardian angels then most of the time they must be sitting on their hands doing nothing at all. Why don't they stop people having accidents, making bad decisions or getting sick and dying?

The dead do not become angels...according to the Bible, they sleep in their graves, unaware of anything that is going on in the world.

you said demons got the ability taken away from them right?well how would they now pretend to be our loved ones?doesn't make any sense at all.

They had the ability to materialize taken away from them...that doesn't stop them from communicating with certain humans and impersonating the dead so that people will believe that the dead are invisibly alive somewhere.

further more why would they have that ability anyway, how did they get the ability to misuse,I can't see The Creator giving demons a gift?see why I don't believe the bible is true.

He created angels with the ability to appear in human form. When angels appeared to God's servants it was always in human form. When the rebel angels who followed satan materialized in Noah's day, they produced children by taking human women for themselves. Their offspring created a violent and immoral world that God dealt with by wiping it out with a global deluge. They misused their ability to materialize in order to indulge in the pleasures of the flesh. God took that away from them. They are still with us, but they attach themselves to material things now, like humans who invite them through spiritistic practices, and they can even attach themselves to inanimate objects.

You can believe that the Bible is not true, but like so many people, do you dismiss it without even seeing if what it says is beneficial? It is probably the most misrepresented, misunderstood and misinterpreted book in existence. What it says makes perfect sense to me...but I have studied it for decades.

leov

This is not really answering the question of what is the harm in communicating with people who has passed on,such as a parent, a child, grandparent etc.what would it hurt?what is bad about it?why would God forbid it? God is spirit and deceased people are spirits.
God had a plan to raise consciousness of Sons of Israel from level of Cain, it is shown in example of transformation from selling Joseph to slavery to really caring about their brothers held as hostages by Joseph, change God was looking for. Those people had hard time recognising good and evil. God Self was providing information too Israeli, other sources were uncontrolled.

Zita

Solitary Eclectic Witch
God forbids spiritism because there are only two sources of power in existence, according to the Bible. That which is authorized by God, and that which is misused without his permission or sanction.

Angels, according to the Bible, are very powerful creatures but their power is used only under God's direction and control. Angels are primarily messengers. They are deliverers of God's instructions....it is not their assignment to give guidance and inspiration. God and his son do that.

The Bible says nothing about loved ones becoming guardian angels. If we have guardian angels then most of the time they must be sitting on their hands doing nothing at all. Why don't they stop people having accidents, making bad decisions or getting sick and dying?

The dead do not become angels...according to the Bible, they sleep in their graves, unaware of anything that is going on in the world.

They had the ability to materialize taken away from them...that doesn't stop them from communicating with certain humans and impersonating the dead so that people will believe that the dead are invisibly alive somewhere.

He created angels with the ability to appear in human form. When angels appeared to God's servants it was always in human form. When the rebel angels who followed satan materialized in Noah's day, they produced children by taking human women for themselves. Their offspring created a violent and immoral world that God dealt with by wiping it out with a global deluge. They misused their ability to materialize in order to indulge in the pleasures of the flesh. God took that away from them. They are still with us, but they attach themselves to material things now, like humans who invite them through spiritistic practices, and they can even attach themselves to inanimate objects.

You can believe that the Bible is not true, but like so many people, do you dismiss it without even seeing if what it says is beneficial? It is probably the most misrepresented, misunderstood and misinterpreted book in existence. What it says makes perfect sense to me...but I have studied it for decades.
I kinda feel sorry for you,you are more of a puppet on a string,and through all your studying you still don't really know of all the possibilities God has in this Universe, and the spiritual realm holds for us,because of what a man or men wrote thousands of years ago. oh well, you've been told.

Zita

Solitary Eclectic Witch
God had a plan to raise consciousness of Sons of Israel from level of Cain, it is shown in example of transformation from selling Joseph to slavery to really caring about their brothers held as hostages by Joseph, change God was looking for. Those people had hard time recognising good and evil. God Self was providing information too Israeli, other sources were uncontrolled.
am I missing something here what does that have to do with my questions?

leov

am I missing something here what does that have to do with my questions?
I think I answered your question: a tribe can have only one shaman. The way I see it , God tried to guard Israeli unauthorized information. In a way it was a scientific experiment with Israeli, converting of bicameral minds. Unauthorized spirits can bring a lot of harm to a cause. Spirits can be benevolent , evil, or just having fun carelessly not regarding of results.

Zita

Solitary Eclectic Witch
I think I answered your question: a tribe can have only one shaman. The way I see it , God tried to guard Israeli unauthorized information. In a way it was a scientific experiment with Israeli, converting of bicameral minds. Unauthorized spirits can bring a lot of harm to a cause. Spirits can be benevolent , evil, or just having fun carelessly not regarding of results.
spirits can also be angelic and there to comfort,guide and inspire,causing no harm at all, angels are spirits as well that carry messages of God,why would he forbid communicating with them. and I said loved ones that has passed away that you communicate with. I said nothing of evil. This is why I said the bible speak against anything that will help you to communicate with the spiritual realm to learn and be enlightened and questions answered spirituality that can help our life while here on earth to be joyous and fulfilling, to seek deep to find out your true purpose while here on earth in this lifetime. On how to help others in their spiritual walk, to communicate with God directly. Religion doesn't want you to know there is more to life then what they are teaching you. they want to be in control of what you know,so they tell you through the word is the way to the kingdom of God and any other way is not of god it's of the devil, you have to do and act and believe in the words of that Bible,or you're light willl not be blessed and when you die, and go on judgement day;and you're going straight to hell.Whew, So glad I'm out from under all that craziness.

leov

spirits can also be angelic and there to comfort,guide and inspire,causing no harm at all, angels are spirits as well that carry messages of God,why would he forbid communicating with them. and I said loved ones that has passed away that you communicate with. I said nothing of evil. This is why I said the bible speak against anything that will help you to communicate with the spiritual realm to learn and be enlightened and questions answered spirituality that can help our life while here on earth to be joyous and fulfilling, to seek deep to find out your true purpose while here on earth in this lifetime. On how to help others in their spiritual walk, to communicate with God directly. Religion doesn't want you to know there is more to life then what they are teaching you. they want to be in control of what you know,so they tell you through the word is the way to the kingdom of God and any other way is not of god it's of the devil, you have to do and act and believe in the words of that Bible,or you're light willl not be blessed and when you die, and go on judgement day;and you're going straight to hell.Whew, So glad I'm out from under all that craziness.
Normally, a person would not be able to distinguish good spirit from pretending spirit, special ability and/or training required to know.