• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for all religions on here about a website I found on the internet

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Excerpt from this webpage...

“tulpas aren’t seen as spirits or supernatural beings, nor do they have magical powers or any influence on things outside your mind and body.”

IOW, they could have influence on your mind and body.

What does “aren’t seen as” mean? Why not just say they “aren’t”?

Avoid it.

(You seem to have a fascination with such things. I can understand why, but fight anything that could exert control over you, beyond what you want! Unless you’re in love {with another person}...hard to avoid that, though. Lol.)

Frank Goad

What do you think about this stuff?Is it only in the mind?Is it demons?I am not sure.:confused:The website I am talking about is this one: What Is a Tulpa? • Tulpa.info

Excerpt from this webpage...

“tulpas aren’t seen as spirits or supernatural beings, nor do they have magical powers or any influence on things outside your mind and body.”

IOW, they could have influence on your mind and body.

What does “aren’t seen as” mean? Why not just say they “aren’t”?

Avoid it.

(You seem to have a fascination with such things. I can understand why, but fight anything that could exert control over you, beyond what you want! Unless you’re in love {with another person}...hard to avoid that, though. Lol.)

Thanks for the information.:) In my first post I was asking about this very thing(if tulpas were dangerous or not).

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Interesting. This is something I am not too familiar with.

My first is the creation of an astral thought/form that your soul kind of adopts. (But that’s just my first thought)

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Thanks for the information.:) In my first post I was asking about this very thing(if tulpas were dangerous or not).
I’d never heard of em before. But from the little I read, I would leave it alone!

I have enough trouble fighting my own inclinations at times; I don’t need any further influences, other than what we face daily.

Take care, my cousin.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
What do you think about this stuff?Is it only in the mind?Is it demons?I am not sure.:confused:The website I am talking about is this one: What Is a Tulpa? • Tulpa.info

Sure, but a "Tulpa" isn't necessarily a conscious creation. IOW, the unconscious mind can create a Tulpa for you to experience independent of conscious thought.

What's odd I suppose is the idea of being able to consciously create one. While I have long thought it possible, I've also accepted the possibility of this being an anecdotal experience.

Conscious awareness takes place in a very small part of the brain. The lion's share goes to the unconscious mind. An area we can't consciously experience, only speculate about.

Our experience of reality does not directly come from actuality. It is created by the subconscious mind as a prediction of what reality should be. If we can coerce the unconscious mind to create an "invisible friend" it can include this invisible friend in our experience of reality.

The idea seems to be that you start off consciously creating a Tulpa. Consciously controlling what it looks like. Talking for it. Making it move in a landscape created by your mind. You have to commit to this representation and consistently create it. Eventually your unconscious mind will take over its creation. It will interact and speak without you being consciously in control of it.

It's warned though that once you given up conscious control of it you might find it difficult to get rid of if you later decide that you no longer want this particular Tulpa running around in your head.

Last edited:

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I think I accidentally created a Tulpa in 2004

(long story!)

I think that explains my condition better than "schizophrenia"

Thanks for posting the link

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
It's warned though that once you given up conscious control of it you might find it difficult to get rid of if you later decide that you no longer want this particular Tulpa running around in your head.

I wouldn’t doubt that at all!!

Thanks!

InChrist

Free4ever
Sounds like the website encourages contact with demonic spirits. Never heard the word Tulpa before, but the practice doesn't sound any different from visualizing or contacting a spirit guide, which from the biblical perspective would be a demon.

Skwim

Veteran Member

Andy-Rooney.png

"BALDERDASH"