• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for all jws

Frank Goad

My dad asked me to day what would it take for me to believe that my spirit goes to heaven when I die.Before I die.I don't have an answer yet.If your dad asked you this what would you say?:(

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
My dad asked me to day what would it take for me to believe that my spirit goes to heaven when I die.Before I die.I don't have an answer yet.If your dad asked you this what would you say?:(

The answer is easy....the Scriptures simply do not teach that we have an immortal soul that will go anywhere when we die. Our "spirit" is our breath, which can only be returned to us in the resurrection. It teaches that we sleep in our graves in an unconscious state until the coming of the Kingdom, (the one Jesus taught us to pray for that will see God's will "done on earth as it is in heaven") and after Jesus has dispatched the wicked, he will then resurrect the dead (who have already paid sins wages) by restoring their lives here on earth.....the majority of whom would never have heard of Jehovah or his Christ. It will be a period of education and of judgment. (John 5:28-29) These will be given a chance to come to know God and to to conform to his requirements during the 1,000 years of Jesus' reign. After one final test at the end of that 1,000 years, all will return to the conditions enjoyed by the first humans in Eden....God never intended for humans to go to heaven.....it wasn't part of his first purpose. Only after man sinned and turned away from God did he arrange for the rescue mission involving his son. Only those whom God chooses will go to heaven. They will be "kings and priests" (Revelation 20:6) Kings need subjects and priests need sinners for whom to perform their duties. There are no sinners in heaven.

Last edited:

leov

The answer is easy....the Scriptures simply do not teach that we have an immortal soul that will go anywhere when we die. Our "spirit" is our breath, which can only be returned to us in the resurrection. It teaches that we sleep in our graves in an unconscious state until the coming of the Kingdom, (the one Jesus taught us to pray for that will see God's will "done on earth as it is in heaven") and after Jesus has dispatched the wicked, he will then resurrect the dead (who have already paid sins wages) by restoring their lives here on earth.....the majority of whom would never have heard of Jehovah or his Christ. It will be a period of education and of judgment. (John 5:28-29) These will be given a chance to come to know God and to to conform to his requirements during the 1,000 years of Jesus' reign. After one final test at the end of that 1,000 years, all will return to the conditions enjoyed by the first humans in Eden....God never intended for humans to go to heaven.....it wasn't part of his first purpose. Only after man sinned and turned away from God did he arrange for the rescue mission involving his son. Only those whom God chooses will go to heaven. They will be "kings and priests" (Revelation 20:6) Kings need subjects and priests need sinners for whom to perform their duties. There are no sinners in heaven.
not really, e.g. Ecc 12:7 where spirit is summary of non physical elements that animates physical dust.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I think it's important to know for yourself, what it would take to convince you of anything. So may I ask a few questions... What would it take to convince you to believe that there is a heaven, in the first place, or that anyone can live again, after they die?

Frank Goad

I think it's important to know for yourself, what it would take to convince you of anything. So may I ask a few questions... What would it take to convince you to believe that there is a heaven, in the first place, or that anyone can live again, after they die?

I first believed in the whole going to heaven as a disembodied spirit thing because I was raised that way.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I first believed in the whole going to heaven as a disembodied spirit thing because I was raised that way.
Okay, so you are not going to go through your whole life believing in things because you were raised that way, or somebody told you that way, are you? So what will convince you of anything?

Frank Goad

Okay, so you are not going to go through your whole life believing in things because you were raised that way, or somebody told you that way, are you? So what will convince you of anything?

I don't know for sure if I have a spirit that leaves my body to go to heaven.Because to know that for sure I would have to be dead.So until I die.I will go on believing the jw religion.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I don't know for sure if I have a spirit that leaves my body to go to heaven.Because to know that for sure I would have to be dead.So until I die.I will go on believing the jw religion.
I certainly don't want to discourage you from believing what JWs teach, but why are you convinced that what they teach is good to believe?

cataway

I certainly don't want to discourage you from believing what JWs teach, but why are you convinced that what they teach is good to believe?
he's been told the truth. you offer story's that have come up through pagan beliefs

leov

if you have guts for it,

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Because when I hear what jw believe it just clicks for me.

Bingo! If it clicks, then you should have a study to make sure that you accept all that the Bible teaches. You can only become a JW by being accepted for baptism, and you need to study the Bible to know what we believe, and whether or not you accept the whole box and dice. There is no room for doubt this close to the end of the system.

There is only one truth and only God can reveal his truth to those he will accept as citizens of his coming kingdom.

Lucid dreaming has no place in our religion.

nPeace

Veteran Member
where is hell? is it hot , or not ?
Oh. So you don't know that I believe any stories. You just assumed that I believe different to you, and similar to mainstream religion.
Do you think that what you did was a good thing?

cataway

Oh. So you don't know that I believe any stories. You just assumed that I believe different to you, and similar to mainstream religion.
Do you think that what you did was a good thing?
you deflected from my question ,where is hell .

dfnj

My dad asked me to day what would it take for me to believe that my spirit goes to heaven when I die.Before I die.I don't have an answer yet.If your dad asked you this what would you say?

When we die we go into the light. We experience God's infinite beauty. We become so immersed in eternal Heavenly bliss time stops and we no longer have conscious experience. Looking into the face of God and experiencing God's infinite beauty is the last experience we will ever have. Our soul melts back into God's consciousness from whence it came.

If you want justice you have to find it while you are alive in a court of law. If you have things to do and learn get it done now. Life is short. And there's no afterlife.

dfnj

Well that's a load of BS. Subjects are the same thing as slaves. I doubt very much our omnipotent God needs anything at all from us. God is perfect, whole, and complete without any needs or desires. Everything you said is just fabricated BS in order to create a power structure for the people in charge. Nobody knows what God intended. God has no purpose because God is perfect. Having purpose would imply God has some kind of need or desire.