• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for all jehovah's witnesses on here about the soul

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Not a JW but can confirm JWs don't believe in the immortal soul. They equate the soul with the breath.

Jeremiah Ames

Were in the bible does it say the soul is immortal?Because i can't find anything.
I think there are plenty of verses which equate soul with ‘life’.

Jesus speaks frequently about life and death, and not the same as we think about them.

Jesus also says that he is the ‘life’. Quite frequently.

I think your question is a bit difficult to answer, because of the different contexts where words are used.

But, obviously the Bible does not say our soul is immortal.

However we should all seek eternal life in the Lord, should we not?
So, something in us is eternal. (I find eternal a more appropriate word than immortal)

Sorry if this was confusing.

Also, I’m not JW, but had thoughts on the matter, and I know you are open to other’s ideas.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Were in the bible does it say the soul is immortal?Because i can't find anything.
Nowhere does the Bible say the soul is immortal.
Rather, it says that the soul represents life, or the person.
You can check our website for scriptures. Just type soul in the search bar, or go to Bible Teachings > Bible Questions Answered.