• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for all jehovah's witnesses and Eckankar and Gnosticism people

Frank Goad

I don't get it.If people in the gnosticism and eckankar religions really can leave their bodies and go to heaven.And help you meet dead relatives and angels.What don't they get more unbelievers out of their bodies and prove it?:confused:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I don't get it.If people in the gnosticism and eckankar religions really can leave their bodies and go to heaven.And help you meet dead relatives and angels.What don't they get more unbelievers out of their bodies and prove it?:confused:

Frank, there is no basis for belief that anyone can leave their body to go anywhere. Those mentioned in the Bible, who were given visions of the future or of heaven, did not go anywhere.....God revealed these things to his servants by giving them visions in their own head....spiritual visions that did not require them to leave their bodies at all. Do you leave your body when you dream? Pictures play in our head and sometimes we awaken and remember them....most times we don't.

Meeting dead relatives and angels? Seriously where will I find any of that in the scriptures initiated by the use of their own will? The demons are having a lend of them. They can only do that if people don't know the truth.

Iymus

If people in the gnosticism and eckankar religions really can leave their bodies and go to heaven.

I believe we are more likely to be deceived by unclean or deceitful spirits than for such a thing to happen.

I have read what seems like being carried away or teleportation but it seems inclusive of the physical body.

Perhaps what is happening is visions or imagery is being seen.

WhyIsThatSo

Their consciousness leaves the body. For some it takes years of spiritual practice using various techniques.
For others, it comes "naturally" because they arouse the Kundalini in some way, when it is active in them.
They "travel" consciously into the various "realms" (heavens) of the Demiurge. ( the God that created this physical realm ( universe ) ).

Here they encounter the various entities that inhabit these realms. ( and they ain't who they think they are )
Depending on their spiritual "knowledge" they can go through several realms (heavens),
But again, this is NOT the "heaven" ( Pleroma ) of the Father (True God).

Everybody is looking for a "short cut "......and there is none.

WhyIsThatSo

Frank, there is no basis for belief that anyone can leave their body to go anywhere. Those mentioned in the Bible, who were given visions of the future or of heaven, did not go anywhere.....God revealed these things to his servants by giving them visions in their own head....spiritual visions that did not require them to leave their bodies at all. Do you leave your body when you dream? Pictures play in our head and sometimes we awaken and remember them....most times we don't.

Meeting dead relatives and angels? Seriously where will I find any of that in the scriptures initiated by the use of their own will? The demons are having a lend of them. They can only do that if people don't know the truth.

You are mistaken.....or rather, misinformed.