• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for all Baha’is: What is the Baha’i Faith to you?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
NOTE: this thread is in the Religions Q&A forum. It’s a question for Baha’is, but I don’t think that excludes friendly questions and comments from other people.

My answer to the question that I’m asking is that I’m a member of the worldwide Baha’i Faith community because I think that I can serve Bahá’u’lláh’s purposes better as a member than I could otherwise. I’m thinking of that community as a way for followers of Bahá’u’lláh to practice Baha’u’llah’s prescriptions for society. I know that different Baha’is have different views about what the Baha’i Faith is. For example, one way that Baha’is think about it might be that’s it’s part what the world needs now, for peace, justice and happiness for all people. They might think that there will be more progress towards peace, justice and happiness for all people, when more people believe what Baha’is believe. Another view I’ve seen is that the Baha’i Faith is just a religion like any other, serving some psychological and social needs in ways that are good for some people but not for others. I’d like to know more about what Baha’is posting here think about the Baha’i Faith. What is the Baha’i Faith to you?

Darkforbid

But you don't believe in God. So many of the beliefs held by real followers of the Baha’i Faith are not things you believe in

But why not answer your own OP

Jim what is the Baha’i Faith to you?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Sure, if all 7.5 billion people become Hindu, then also there will be pace in the world. Same as what Bahais want. :)

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I’d like to know from all the Baha’is here if you think that all the world needs now is for more people to believe what Baha’is believe. Is there any other Baha’i here besides me who does not think that all the world needs is for more people to believe what Baha’is believe? More specifically, is there any Baha’i here besides me who thinks that part of what the world needs most urgently is for Baha’u’llah to seize and possess the hearts of multitudes of more people, and for Baha’is to try to understand and practice everything that their Universal House of Justice is promoting, much more than they do now, in every part of their lives, including Internet discussions?

Last edited:

Jedster

@Jim

I am amazed at the volume of posts you make relating to Bahais.
My only response when I see yet another thread from you is 'Gordon Bennett' (with a big smile).

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I have always found that fishy and there seems to be just one probability. ;)

ecommerce-promotion.png

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I have always found that fishy and there seems to be just one probability. ;)
I’m not sure what the point is of all that. Is it to insinuate that I’m being dishonest about my motives and intentions, or violating the forum rule against proselytizing?

Last edited:

Jedster

I’m not sure what the point is if all that. Is it to insinuate that I’m being dishonest about my motives and intentions, or violating the forum rule against proselyting?

No.
I had no thoughts of you being dishonest or not. I am just amazed at your volume.
However, now that you mention it, I think that you could be doing some sort of proselyting, sub-consciously.
That wouldn't bother me personally, since I recognise that for sincere believers it is sometimes hard not to proselytise.

Wishing you well.
Jedster

Reactions: Jim

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I think that you could be doing some sort of proselyting, sub-consciously
I’m quite conscious of doing some things that people sometimes call “proselytizing,” but nothing that I think is contrary to the forum mission or the intent of the forum rules.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Here’s what I’m doing that people might sometimes call “proselytizing”:
- Trying to counteract what looks to me like misunderstandings about the worldwide Baha’i Faith community, being spread by Baha’is.
- Trying to persuade Baha’is to practice more what their House of Justice is promoting.
- Practicing and promoting spiritual growth and community service in the forums. If that works the way that I’m hoping it will, it seems inevitable to me that it will lead to some forum members becoming members of the Baha’i Faith.
- Everything I do in every part of my life, including in these forums, revolves around Bahá’u’lláh’s purposes, and He says that His mission is to seize and possess people’s hearts.

Last edited:

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Who am I to say whether it is wrong or right? But what Bahais do, reeks of proselytization.
If you mean that it’s aimed at changing people’s beliefs, or increasing the membership, I agree. If you mean that it’s a violation of forum rules, I don’t think that most of it is, and I don’t think the moderators think so either. I’m not sure about what any other Baha’is think they’re doing here. I’m guessing now that some of them think that what the world needs is for more people to believe what they believe, and that they’re posting about their beliefs for that reason. If that’s what you mean by “proselytizing,” then you might be right.

Another way that they might be proselytizing is by doing what they think Bahá’u’lláh is telling them to do, without realizing or admitting to themselves that part of the purpose of it is for Him to seize and possess people’s hearts, in other words, conversion.