• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question : Do you beleive that ...

Aqualung

Tasty
yes... originally, but it has been corrupted over time due to translations or just from losing certain things.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Yes, although the "words" themselves are infallible interpretations of what God wanted them to put into writing. To attach words to what God is trying to say is not always clear.

~Victor

hewwa

hi, everyone,
am a muslim, we muslim believe the in jesus and the bible, but we dont believe in the bible that christians believe in. we must first of all know that the entire Bible is corrupted and unreliable and is mostly filled with man-made laws and corruption
"`How can you say, "We [the Jews] are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?' (From the NIV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"

The Revised Standard Version makes it even clearer: "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it (i.e., the bible) into a LIE. (From the RSV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"

In either translation, we clearly see that the Jews had so much corrupted the Bible with their man-made cultural laws, that they had turned the Bible into a lie!

Deuteronomy 31:25-29 where Moses peace be upon him predicted the corruption/tampering of the Law (Bible) after his death.

The Book of Moses predicted that the Law (Bible) will get corrupted. The Book of Jeremiah which came approximately 826 years after did indeed confirm this corruption.

The Gospel of Mark:

This gospel is the oldest and supposedly the most original one in the New Testament

"Although there is no direct internal evidence of authorship, it was the unanimous testimony of the early church that this Gospel was written by John Mark. (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 1488)"

So, in reality, we don't really know whether Mark was the sole author of this Gospel or not. And since The New Testament wasn't even documented on paper until 150-300 years (depending on what Christian you talk to) after Jesus, then how are we to know for sure that the current "Gospel of Mark" wasn't written by some pro of Mark?

(Mark 16:9-20 (New International Version)

New International Version (NIV)

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

http://www.biblegateway.com/bg_versions/bgclick.php?what=2

((The most reliable early manuscripts and other ancient witnesses do not have Mark 16:9-20.)) :

9When Jesus rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had driven seven demons. 10She went and told those who had been with him and who were mourning and weeping. 11When they heard that Jesus was alive and that she had seen him, they did not believe it.

12Afterward Jesus appeared in a different form to two of them while they were walking in the country. 13These returned and reported it to the rest; but they did not believe them either.

14Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen.

15He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. 16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

19After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God.

20Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.

The above text reads: "The most reliable early manuscript and other ancient witnesses do not have Mark 16:9-20."

Now my concern to this corruption and 'answer-the-problem-away' statement is that what are those so-called "reliable early manuscript(s)" and who are the "ancient witnesses"?

According to the early Christians' manuscripts, Jesus never got crucified, and trinity is a lie. The so-called "gospel of Mark", along with all of the "gospels" of the NT, were written by third-party narration, as clearly demonstrated and shown in the sections below. People wrote on the tongue of Jesus' Disciples those books. They are neither original nor are the Pure Word of GOD Almighty.

If the "gospel of Mark" was indeed Divine and from GOD Almighty, then we wouldn't have this corruption, that they're admitting above, in it.

I hope you see the real danger in making these assumptions when you are willing to see for the fact that such Gospel is the actual True Word of GOD Almighty!

Further regarding this Gospel, we read the following commentary about Mark 16:9-20:

"Serious doubts exists as to whether these verses belong to the Gospel of Mark. They are absent from important early manuscripts and display certain peculiarities of vocabulary, style and theological content that are unlike the rest of Mark. His Gospel probably ended at 16:8, or its original ending has been lost. (From the NIV Bible Foot Notes, page 1528)"

Its absolutely certain now that the above quotes prove without a doubt that the Bible is doubtful. The quote "or its original ending has been lost" proves that what we call today "Gospels" were not written by their original authors such as Mark, John, Matthew, etc... It proves that the Gospel had been tampered with by man. Let alone considering it as the True Living Words of GOD Almighty.

If John Mark wasn't the one who wrote Mark 16:9-20, then who did? And how can you prove the ownership of the other person? Let alone proving that it was GOD Almighty's Revelation. And as we saw in the first quote above, we don't even know that John Mark was indeed the one who wrote the so called "Gospel of Mark".

Scott1

criticizer said:
Hello
How are you ?
Not bad, how about you?
Question : Do you beleive that all the Bible is the words of the God ?
Answer: Yes, since therefore all that the inspired authors or sacred writers affirm should be regarded as affirmed by the Holy Spirit, we must acknowledge that the books of Scripture firmly, faithfully, and without error teach that truth which God, for the sake of our salvation, wished to see confided to the Sacred Scriptures.

Thanks for asking.:D

Dentonz

criticizer said:
Hi

Question : Do you beleive that all the Bible is the words of the God ?
No, I believe the Bible is the Word of GOD. Holy, infallable, inspired by the Holy Spirit, singular Word of God.

Radar

No, the bible is not...
No, the quran is not...
No, the torah is not..
Ther aren't any books that contain any words of any god..... If they are please provide proof, besides that one of these books says so....

Dentonz

Radar said:
No, the bible is not...
No, the quran is not...
No, the torah is not..
Ther aren't any books that contain any words of any god..... If they are please provide proof, besides that one of these books says so....
Concerning the Bible: It was written by many authors over thousands of years, compiled many years later, and here we are a couple thousand years after that, and it still says the same thing. If I told you that "my house is blue", and you passed it around; in probably a day somebody would quote me as saying "I lived at the White House". The Bible is protected from error by the Holy Spirit. It answers every question you could possibly think of. It is a timeless roadmap to salvation. No man or group of men could agree on anything well enough to put all there writings together without one contradicting the other. The Bible does not contradict itself. How can that be possible if it is the idea of man.

Radar

Dentonz said:
Concerning the Bible: It was written by many authors over thousands of years, compiled many years later, and here we are a couple thousand years after that, and it still says the same thing. If I told you that "my house is blue", and you passed it around; in probably a day somebody would quote me as saying "I lived at the White House". The Bible is protected from error by the Holy Spirit. It answers every question you could possibly think of. It is a timeless roadmap to salvation. No man or group of men could agree on anything well enough to put all there writings together without one contradicting the other. The Bible does not contradict itself. How can that be possible if it is the idea of man.
There are plenty of contradictions just look around this site, and where is the original bible? Do a google search for biblical contradictions then try to explain them away.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I think the Bible contains many important lessons for humanity.
I am not a christian so no I don't think its the only book of Godly wisdom and guidance.

wa:do

Dentonz

Radar said:
There are plenty of contradictions just look around this site, and where is the original bible? Do a google search for biblical contradictions then try to explain them away.
Yes, on this web site I have seen all kinds of apparent contradictions. I can cut and paste and make the Bible say that Radar is the king. If you take a little here and there you can make the Bible say anything you want it to. But I have yet to see one single contradiction. The Bible message is the same from beginning to end. In the Old Testament; God is Holy, man is not, the savior is coming, but until he gets here we'll sacrifice lambs for the remission of sins. New Testament; God is Holy, man is not, Jesus is the savior and became the sacraficial lamb of God for the remission of sins.

Radar

Dentonz said:
Yes, on this web site I have seen all kinds of apparent contradictions. I can cut and paste and make the Bible say that Radar is the king. If you take a little here and there you can make the Bible say anything you want it to. But I have yet to see one single contradiction. The Bible message is the same from beginning to end. In the Old Testament; God is Holy, man is not, the savior is coming, but until he gets here we'll sacrifice lambs for the remission of sins. New Testament; God is Holy, man is not, Jesus is the savior and became the sacraficial lamb of God for the remission of sins.
Well messages is not what we are talking about. We were talking about contradictions. The message is subjectional too. What you wrote maybe what you got from it. I could say that OT do things god's way or die, NT I could say do things how Jesus says and believe in him or go to hell for eternal damnation. Yes these are broad generalization but that could be what someone would take from it. So the message is subjection. If the book was perfect and true then the message should be the same for whoever was to pick it up to read. This perfect and true book should not have to interpreted by someone (priest, pastor) for you to get the correct meaning. Even then that is subjection depending on which priest or pastor is doing the iterpretation. It should also be strait forward without any hinden meanings. This would tend to turn would be followers away.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
painted wolf said:
I think the Bible contains many important lessons for humanity.
I am not a christian so no I don't think its the only book of Godly wisdom and guidance.

wa:do
Even as a Christian, I fully agree with you;
a)The Bible contains nay important lessons for humanity
b) It is one of the books of Godly wisdom and guidance

;)

gtrsgrls

Heck yes I do!If the Bible wasn't inspired by God than how could all of the prophecies come true?Nobody can say that they didn't come true.And that suggests that someome(God):bounce new what was going to happen and then told someone down here.If anybody would like examples of prophecies that have come true than just tell me.

Radar

gtrsgrls said:
Heck yes I do!If the Bible wasn't inspired by God than how could all of the prophecies come true?Nobody can say that they didn't come true.And that suggests that someome(God):bounce new what was going to happen and then told someone down here.If anybody would like examples of prophecies that have come true than just tell me.
Please, humor us with these prophecies that have came true...

Radar

Scott1 said:
Don't you mean "humor ME"... not all of us believe this is humorous.:cool:
Who said I was meaning funny... One of the definitions of humor is to comply with the ideas or desires: indulge. So please indulge us on thes prophecies.