• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about your religion /belief

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
No religion here but i do ponder the question "why do some people put so much faith into their faith?"

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
No religion here but i do ponder the question "why do some people put so much faith into their faith?"
That is a relly good question :) And i think most faith based religious teachings would be able to answer it. :)
In buddhism there is not a direct faith toward a God or even to Buddha, but you can say that we do put faith in that the teching given by Buddha is true and that when we follow it we too can gain inner wisdom to enlighten. But the difference in the way i see it is that as a buddhist we must do the work our self to gain this wisdom, where for example many from Christian faith do put full faith on God to take them to heaven. But i will let Christian answer for this form of faith, I honestly do not know enough about that form of faith :)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
That is a relly good question :) And i think most faith based religious teachings would be able to answer it. :)
In buddhism there is not a direct faith toward a God or even to Buddha, but you can say that we do put faith in that the teching given by Buddha is true and that when we follow it we too can gain inner wisdom to enlighten. But the difference in the way i see it is that as a buddhist we must do the work our self to gain this wisdom, where for example many from Christian faith do put full faith on God to take them to heaven. But i will let Christian answer for this form of faith, I honestly do not know enough about that form of faith :)

I guess the answer must be quite easy from the religious point of view. However, the meaning of my question is still truly unanswered and probably not even understood. Sure i have heard many answers, all boil down to faith. Faith is a subjective thing and to me is meaningless in the god scenario.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Does it matter whether or not it is true?
Well it depend on if the question that arise will give more inner wisdom when the question has been answered i would think.
Maybe i see the importance of asking my self question in a different way then others do :)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
You found all answer to every question so far?

Of course there will be questions as one strives to gain understandings, and I ask questions quite often, because I’m inquisitive like that. But usually such answers are found by mundane means such as research or simply asking one who knows the answer.

But I have no “one question” for which I seek an answer, mainly because I’ve come to a realization that is the ego that desires such answers.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
In my sampradaya's introductory course text for youth, there are 67 one page question/answers., in basic English. I'd have to get to a 68th one.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
If you have found your truth, why would you have, or even need, questions?
To answer for my self, Yes i found truth within my path in Buddhism, but there will always be question i can ask :) The level of wisdom i am at now is not the highest i can reach so still there are questions to be asked to my self :)

BSM1

What? Me worry?
To answer for my self, Yes i found truth within my path in Buddhism, but there will always be question i can ask :) The level of wisdom i am at now is not the highest i can reach so still there are questions to be asked to my self :)

But in my journey I have found wisdom comes even if no question is there. I don't ask anymore, and I receive more than I could imagine. I just leave myself open for the input.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
But in my journey I have found wisdom comes even if no question is there. I don't ask anymore, and I receive more than I could imagine. I just leave myself open for the input.
That is very good :) When this works for you then it is the right path for you :)

BSM1

What? Me worry?

I lived a long time asking "Why is this" or "Why is that"? The only answer I seemed to get is "Why is there not?" I then realized my only question should be "What do I need to know?" It has served me well for a long time.