• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about the new age and jesus

Frank Goad

Why do new agers think astral projection is the way to jesus?:confused: By the way.I am not putting down the new age.Or preaching.I just want to see this question from a christian point of view.

Who said this to you though? I haven't heard it as just the norm that "astral projection is the way to Jesus". I've heard of Astral Projection, I've heard of Jesus, but this is sort of the first I've heard of people using Astral Projection to have anything to do with Jesus or whatever. Most of the time I've heard of wacky stories, encounters with strange beings, encounters with scary things, or flying over a city. When I heard about Jesus stories, it often comes in the form of dreams people have, meetings in real life they think may have somehow been some kind of spiritual being in disguise, or near death type experiences where people claim to have gone to Heaven or something.

Frank Goad

Who said this to you though? I haven't heard it as just the norm that "astral projection is the way to Jesus". I've heard of Astral Projection, I've heard of Jesus, but this is sort of the first I've heard of people using Astral Projection to have anything to do with Jesus or whatever. Most of the time I've heard of wacky stories, encounters with strange beings, encounters with scary things, or flying over a city. When I heard about Jesus stories, it often comes in the form of dreams people have, meetings in real life they think may have somehow been some kind of spiritual being in disguise, or near death type experiences where people claim to have gone to Heaven or something.

Sorry.I heard the two go together.In the new age religion.

Sorry.I heard the two go together.In the new age religion.

The New Age, I don't think its a very specific religion, but encompasses a ton of different beliefs, that often include ideas like psychic powers, astral projection, and a whole variety of other stuff, which people may or may not believe, may pick and choose from. Within the New Age, there are some people who are totally into Aliens for example, others into Spirits or "Entities", others into Buddhist sort of sounding stuff but not really Buddhist exactly, or Hindu sort of stuff but not really Hindu exactly, like they might talk about chakras, or chi, or any number of things taken from all over the world, or they may talk about trying drugs or using drugs to go into other dimensions of thinking or open up stuff, basically the New Age at this point is anything sort of weird, wacky, not believed by most, but tried by many, like someone might be selling "Crystals that suck up your negative energy" or something like that.

Some of the New Age people believe in Jesus, some say Jesus is an alien, some say Jesus is a "Great Master" or Teacher, some say Jesus is God but we can all be God or Gods like Jesus, I mean the thing about the New Age is it is basically outside of the mainstream, it tends to be sort of the New Gnosticism, kind of fringe ideas and movements with no real order or official structure, just basically anything sort of weird or occult which isn't medieval or too dark typically gets called "New Age" and often involves also "New Religions" which are very commonly also called "Cults", some of which use interpretations of scriptures or mention Biblical stories or the Bible or Jesus in particular, since in their minds Jesus is sort of the model New Ager, long haired hippy teacher guy that some of the people try to emulate or are impressed by.

It isn't very common though as far as I've ever heard for people to talk about Jesus in relation to Astral Projection specifically. New Agers seem to possibly mention ghosts, angels, aliens, and "spiritual entities", even "gods" sometimes more than they mention Jesus specifically, and often they might avoid talking about Jesus too much in particular except in a sort of "Universal" and neutral fashion, since I think they like their ideas to be non-specific and related to "One World" or "The New Age for The World" and inclusive of all people, rather than aimed particularly at very specifically Christianity or Christian figures, but very frequently have themes of like loving angelic beings and stuff like that.

PearlSeeker

Why do new agers think astral projection is the way to jesus?:confused: By the way.I am not putting down the new age.Or preaching.I just want to see this question from a christian point of view.
Love is the way. If you don't have love all special gifts are useless.

1 Corinthians 13

PearlSeeker

Love is the way. Without love all special gifts are nothing.

"And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing." (1 Cor 13)