• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about the corona virus

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I think that one of the biggest regrets that I will have in the end is that I have not had the opportunity to see more of this world. To see and experience different cultures, even as an outsider. I will have to satisfy myself that some places I will only see through some media source.

Another 10 years or so you should be thinking of retirement, take a world cruise or if that's not on the cards how about one of those wonderful American "see europe in 10 days" trips.

I guess we all must use the media to explore places we cannot get to see.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Do you think the corona virus will go down in history?And go into the history books in North America?
There will be different "history versions" of this Corona virus:
1) Trump version found in the history books of North America
2) Xi Jinping version found in the history books of China
3) EU version found in the history books of Europe

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
I knew someone once who said she was from Central Europe! Some place called Bohemia, actually. I didn't believe her, of course. Not for a moment! But I married her anyway.
I had to consult a map, but I was correct in thinking that the mythical land of Bohemia was north and inland of the mythical land of Croatia that some of my ancestors claim they came from. It must have been part of ancient North American culture for people to make up exotic places that their ancestors came from.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Another 10 years or so you should be thinking of retirement, take a world cruise or if that's not on the cards how about one of those wonderful American "see europe in 10 days" trips.

I was thinking about something like that and then I was reminded that this is how our latest problem was spread around. Damned if you do. Damned by something else if you don't.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member

I blame my parents. When I was a child, they purchased this set of books, there must have been 30 or 40 of them, about different parts of the world. I explored the world from my bedroom or the living room couch and longed to see some of that for myself. I will always remember them for providing those windows into the world. If it is that it must remain the extent of my exploration, it will have to do. But I can always strive to make some of it into direct visits. Increase the chances that one day, I can achieve even a small percentage of those boyhood dreams. You never know the opportunities that may present themselves.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Just do it with a mask
Zorro explores the world. You probably mean a surgical mask.

I think we are going to return to travelling, but in ways to better protect our health and that of others. I hope.

We have made the world small with technology and that has revealed new issues to deal with.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I blame my parents. When I was a child, they purchased this set of books, there must have been 30 or 40 of them, about different parts of the world. I explored the world from my bedroom or the living room couch and longed to see some of that for myself. I will always remember them for providing those windows into the world. If it is that it must remain the extent of my exploration, it will have to do. But I can always strive to make some of it into direct visits. Increase the chances that one day, I can achieve even a small percentage of those boyhood dreams. You never know the opportunities that may present themselves.

Best of luck with your explorations. And may they be as exiting as those books

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Best of luck with your explorations. And may they be as exiting as those books
Thanks. I am not regretting anything yet and circumstances and fortunes, being subject to change, I may yet get to see more of this amazing world. I think that people should explore it by whatever means available to them. It is something I find enjoyable and there is so much to learn.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you think the corona virus will go down in history?And go into the history books in North America?

I'm sure it will go down in the history books - at least some history books. Whether it will be well-known or considered a major historical event 100-200 years from now, that's hard to say. Most people still know about the Bubonic Plague which was 700 years ago.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
No, No, and triple no. I have no American Blod within me, ;) I checked my heritage and traced my own relatives back to 1670 :) And no American person was found within my family-tree :)

Resistance is futile. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.