• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about the corona virus

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
Ignore her. She lives in some far away exotic land most folks have never heard about. Upstate Maine, I think.
Ah. Cabin refurbishing can be such a rewarding endeavor. I wonder why she would dream of worlds beyond this one.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Almost globally

Globally? What's a globe? Isn't the world flat? Kansas is flat and Kansas is just east of here. The world MUST be flat. At least to the east. Maybe it's a globe to the west. Is that what you're talking about? If so, I don't know about that. They didn't teach us a whole lot about what's to the west of us. I mean, west beyond the Rams Stadium.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Almost globally
My father once spoke of mysterious lands he roamed as a young man. I dismissed them as any good teenage son would. Could he have been speaking of real places? Are New Guinea, Australia and China real places? Do they really have people there?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Globally? What's a globe? Isn't the world flat? Kansas is flat and Kansas is just east of here. The world MUST be flat. At least to the east. Maybe it's a globe to the west. Is that what you're talking about? If so, I don't know about that.
It did not want to bring that up or laugh at it, but it is a strange belief to think of this world as a globe. Imagine if you started in Kansas and walked all the way around right back to Kans...Oh good grief, the world is Kansas.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Globally? What's a globe? Isn't the world flat? Kansas is flat and Kansas is just east of here. The world MUST be flat. At least to the east. Maybe it's a globe to the west. Is that what you're talking about? If so, I don't know about that. They didn't teach us a whole lot about what's to the west of us. I mean, west beyond the Rams Stadium.

The world can't possibly be flat, if it were all the cats would have knocked everything off the edge by now

ChristineM

Premium Member
My father once spoke of mysterious lands he roamed as a young man. I dismissed them as any good teenage son would. Could he have been speaking of real places? Are New Guinea, Australia and China real places? Do they really have people there?

Yes. If it were not for people in china this thread would be meaningless

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Ahh. That's everyone who counts in north America, not the global everyone

And can i ask, are you moonlighting as trump's script writer?
While I do not think that @Frank Goad was intentionally excluding the impact of this event from the rest of the world, it is part of the human condition that we first think of those things closest to us. These have significance for our experience and the further from our experience, the less real (I am disappointed at failing to find a better description) others and other places seem to us.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

I knew someone once who said she was from Central Europe! Some place called Bohemia, actually. I didn't believe her, of course. Not for a moment! But I married her anyway.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you think the corona virus will go down in history?And go into the history books in North America?

Yes, it will. Probably in a similar way to the way the Spanish Flu has gone down in history books.

On the other hand, like most things historical, the vast majority of people will forget about it in 30 year so except as a curiosity or a 'I was there' sort of thing. In 100 years, it will only be in the history books, although some habits may be preserved unwittingly.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I knew someone once who said she was from Central Europe! Some place called Bohemia, actually. I didn't believe her, of course. Not for a moment! But I married her anyway.

It must exist, it has a flag
Royal_Banner_of_the_Kingdom_of_Bohemia.jpg

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Do you think the corona virus will go down in history?And go into the history books in North America?

Historical records yes, but it is not as significant as the 1918-20 flu pandemic, which is not well covered in high school and college history books.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
The world can't possibly be flat, if it were all the cats would have knocked everything off the edge by now
I think that one of the biggest regrets that I will have in the end is that I have not had the opportunity to see more of this world. To see and experience different cultures, even as an outsider. I will have to satisfy myself that some places I will only see through some media source.