• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about the afterlife.

Frank Goad

What if you meet jesus in a dream and asked jesus about the afterlife.And God said there is no afterlife.And once you die your whole mind body and soul is gone forever.After hearing this would you still serve jesus?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Why would I think a dream is anything but a personal dream? The vast majority of dreams are nothing but jumbles of personal experiences and emotions. They have nothing to do with spirituality.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
What if you meet jesus in a dream and asked jesus about the afterlife.And God said there is no afterlife.And once you die your whole mind body and soul is gone forever.After hearing this would you still serve jesus?

Am I a waiter in a restaurant in this dream?

Sure I’d serve him. Whether there’s an afterlife or not, a guy’s gotta eat.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It wouldn't mean much to somebody who doesn't give much thought to Jesus.

I doubt I'll be seeing Jesus in my dreams anytime soon but if I did, I probably go, "Thank God, I can finally go back to sleep" and then likely wake up when the dream concludes.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
" Uttishthata, jāgrata, prāpya varānnibodhata.
(Arise, wake up and attain your desired understanding) - Katha Upanishad
"

Just noticed that....one's on one's own...so to speak

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Frank I'm Jewish rather than Christian. However, Jews look forward to the world to come.

If there were no afterlife, I would still live my life just as I am. Why? Because I think an ethical life where one loves God is the best possible life a person can live. It is its own reward. I serve God simply because he is God, not for any reward.

Super Universe

Defender of God

Not all but most of the humans who think they are serving Jesus are really only serving themselves.

syo

When I was a christian, I believed in Jesus and in the resurrection. Or should I say I believed in the resurrection and in Jesus? :shrug:

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
I just can't get that trait of `serving Jesus` !
What debt do we owe ?