• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about spiritul progress

Notthedarkweb

Indian phil, German idealism, Rawls
:) Nice. Neither did he. He clearly separated Paramarthika from Vyavaharika. He ran when confronted with a wild elephant or lion (different versions of the story).

I mean, that's certainly not what absolute idealism is. Men like Hegel and Berkley would consider it absurd to state that just because the lion was part of the Absolute it did not pose a threat to the body. This is just the logic of the idealistic system, it's not purely solipsistic. The metaphysical oneness, the real truth of Paramarthika is still more valid and ontologically sound than Vyavaharika, and the latter can be metaphysically subsumed into the former. That is, all beings are contained within the universal set that is the Brahman, but that doesn't preclude the consideration of subsets of truth within the monistic system

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
What do you do in your daily life to gain progress within your spiritual practice?

I read and meditate on Bible Scriptures every day, and try to live by them....
It helps build peace, and I’m grateful for the strong relationships I have with others!

And, since I feel that sharing Biblical truths with others is part of God’s will, I get satisfaction in doing it.
1 Timothy 2 4...
Contemporary English Version
God wants everyone to be saved and to know the whole truth,....

Matthew 7 21

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I read and meditate on Bible Scriptures every day, and try to live by them....
It helps build peace, and I’m grateful for the strong relationships I have with others!

And, since I feel that sharing Biblical truths with others is part of God’s will, I get satisfaction in doing it.
1 Timothy 2 4...
Contemporary English Version
God wants everyone to be saved and to know the whole truth,....

Matthew 7 21
Thank you for sharing :)

Workman

UNIQUE
What do you do in your daily life to gain progress within your spiritual practice?
Do you pay attention to a spiritual lifestyle every day?
Are you a person who think spiritually or are aware of your thoughts every day, so you do not lose spiritual progress?
Hello dear brother!..
For me!.. I watch everything..I mean everything from colours and its order, say from a flower..its amazement, and to appreciate how they (work), the colours of their birth..to the colour of their purpose.

And than I looked again..and knowing the beginning to the end..with this time of how did it develop in its own purpose..’The Between’ colours..say inorder; white comes first and red is the purpose..then white must give in pink to reach Red..that was one example.

Everything that you can see..tells a story, use your imagination..if it finds a link..IT IS A LINK..keep it going, until all your imaginary are all in LINKS...there is the certain part of its mind that creates by itself without you knowing of it..but the mind needs YOU to give it some work..

Amanaki..My Dream I HaD..when I spoke to Father..and asked WHY? Father told me..
I does more than You do,
When You come to Understand it,
I had told You..but other than that,
I has already told you.

What Father was saying is that our eyes does more work than ourselves do..but in the moment..one is not aware of it..therefore it is out of ones control. But it be also saying to watch out To those who feed your eyes..because they will control you..TV, phones, etc..

The mind is to complex for logic..one NEEDs to let all that go..it is what holds one back and it limits one from who they already are to be..Goddess.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Hello dear brother!..
For me!.. I watch everything..I mean everything from colours and its order, say from a flower..its amazement, and to appreciate how they (work), the colours of their birth..to the colour of their purpose.

And than I looked again..and knowing the beginning to the end..with this time of how did it develop in its own purpose..’The Between’ colours..say inorder; white comes first and red is the purpose..then white must give in pink to reach Red..that was one example.

Everything that you can see..tells a story, use your imagination..if it finds a link..IT IS A LINK..keep it going, until all your imaginary are all in LINKS...there is the certain part of its mind that creates by itself without you knowing of it..but the mind needs YOU to give it some work..

Amanaki..My Dream I HaD..when I spoke to Father..and asked WHY? Father told me..
I does more than You do,
When You come to Understand it,
I had told You..but other than that,
I had already told you.

What Father was saying is that our eyes does more work than ourselves do..but in the moment..one is not aware of it..therefore it is out of ones control. But it be also saying to watch out To those who feed your eyes..because they will control you..TV, phones, etc..

The mind is to complex for logic..you NEED to let logic go..it is what hold one back and it limits you for who your already be..Goddess.
Thank you my Sister for your wise insight and good response to the original post. It is a pleasure to read your reply specially when you speak of your connection to God (Father) you follow :)
:praying:

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The metaphysical oneness, the real truth of Paramarthika is still more valid and ontologically sound than Vyavaharika, and the latter can be metaphysically subsumed into the former. That is, all beings are contained within the universal set that is the Brahman, but that doesn't preclude the consideration of subsets of truth within the monistic system
You are very correct, but Vyavaharika is only an illusion, 'maya'. Our reaction to what happens in Vyavaharika also is an illusion. It does not in any way make a difference in Paramarthika.

Notthedarkweb

You are very correct, but Vyavaharika is only an illusion, 'maya'. Our reaction to what happens in Vyavaharika also is an illusion. It does not in any way make a difference in Paramarthika.

Which again is an Advaitin concept of Absolute Idealism, which I don't believe in (Nyaya has a direct realist metaphysics!)

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Only a few will reach it. For most, it is eternal hell. God made many blind to his glory and hard of heart .. for no sane reason. Should I quote Bible?
“Most”? “Many”?
No, only a few, like Pharaoh, who had already displayed an implacable attitude

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Which again is an Advaitin concept of Absolute Idealism, which I don't believe in (Nyaya has a direct realist metaphysics!)
:) You are welcome to your views but science supports it. There is no finger, it is just a collection of energy points, atoms.

Notthedarkweb

The essential problem I have with classifying the Carvaka as Hindus is that it is 1) historical revisionism of a sort, since the Carvaka considered themselves a reaction to Brahmanism and Vedic religion, both politically and epistemelogically and 2) it completely any and all philosophical presuppositions that even the Buddhists and the Jains have, namely karma, reincarnation (or rebirth if you are a Mahayana Buddhist) and so forth. Its materialist metaphysics negates the possibility of 1) God, 2) Liberation since there is nothing to be liberated from, and 3) Vedic authority, since they are lack any divine content. Moreover, they reject any and all notions of "dharma", misused word that it is, and assume an explicitly anti-Dharmic stance that associates itself with the satisfaction of desire to maximise happiness, which is hedonism proper. Like, Epicurean, Benthamite hedonism.

So, we don't even have the dharmic content that a lot of Neo-Vedantins (and dare I say Hindutvadis) use to turn Buddhism and Jainism into dharmic religions. We only have some cultural origin in reaction to proto-Hinduism, subjected to attack and in turn subjecting to attack astika schools of Indian philosophy (nebulous term indeed). It lacks any coherent connection or commonality except the fact that it accepts perception as a valid pramana. But then again, if we use pramanas as a means to ascertain what's Hinduism, we are having a major problem with considering the Madhyamika Buddhists like Nagarjuna who reject the existence of epistemology altogether as Hindus. So yeah, there is really no coherent way we can consider the Carvaka Hindus. However, the Samkhya were an atheistic Hindu school of thought, and a lot of the Mimamsikas were as well. Rather than glorify the dead school of the Carvakas, I would think we need to reassess these two schools.

:) You are welcome to your views but science supports it. There is no finger, it is just a collection of energy points, atoms.

Atomism is not antithetical to direct realism. It is one of the fundamental tenets of direct realism that mind-independent objects are made of matter, and I don't really see how direct realism is "refuted by science" considering that most metaphysicians (at least analytic ones) support it and science assumes the existence of mind-independent objects as a foundational principle when conducting research.

Notthedarkweb

Advaitists also support it. It is one of the two realities, none can be disregarded (faced with an elephant, you have to run), though the two levels are different.
Three ways to survive a charging elephant: How to Survive a Charging Elephant :)

This isn't a question of what reality is to be ignored or whatever. This is a question of what is the structure of reality itself. It's clear that Advaitins (regardless of their consideration of three "realities") utilize a framework were the latter realities are sublated into the uppermost reality, that is the Brahman which is the Absolute Truth. I don't know what one achieves by denying this since this is just a fundamental of Advaitin thought

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I do not deny any of these realities but place them in their rightful place. I generally do not talk about the third reality (Pratibhasika) because that is a special case.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Do you pay attention to a spiritual lifestyle every day?
Are you a person who think spiritually or are aware of your thoughts every day, so you do not lose spiritual progress?
My big thing is that I pray. How can I know God if I don't talk with him? It is said that we should bless God 100 times a day. I shoot for that.

Also, though I don't take out my Torah, I usually spend time each day thinking about it, and how I can better put it to work in my life. Iook for successes. I also look for areas of concern, and make plans for addressing them with God's help. In fact, often a post in this forum will bring something to mind that I need to think about. I answer as best as I can, but I also tuck it away to munch on later.