1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about somewhere in the bible were it talks about humans and birds

Discussion in 'Religions Q&A' started by Frank Goad, May 26, 2019.

1. Frank Goad

Frank Goad Active Member

Ratings:
    +66
    Religion:
    methodist
    Is there anywhere in the bible were jesus says each person is more important to God then a flock of birds?Or something like that?:confused:

2. Shiranui117

Shiranui117 Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,981
    Religion:
    Eastern Orthodox Christian
    Luke 12:22-28
    22 Then He said to His disciples, “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will put on. 23 Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing. 24 Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds? 25 And which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? 26 If you then are not able to do the least, why are you anxious for the rest? 27 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 28 If then God so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith?

3. Hubert Farnsworth

Hubert Farnsworth Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,644
    Religion:
    Agnostic
    I think that you are recalling these verses. Technically, they are not in the bible, but found in the Infancy Gospel of Thomas.

This little child Jesus when he was five years old was playing at the ford of a brook: and he gathered together the waters that flowed there into pools, and made them straightway clean, and commanded them by his word alone. And having made soft clay, he fashioned thereof twelve sparrows. And it was the Sabbath when he did these things (or made them). And there were also many other little children playing with him.

4. Hockeycowboy

Hockeycowboy Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,628
    Religion:
    Christian
    An exercise for you: Google "you are worth more than many sparrows."

5. Ellen Brown

Ellen Brown Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,670
    Matt 6:26 26 Behold the birds of the air ...

Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

Cut and paste is not being impressive tonight, but you can now look it up. :) I suggest reading all of Ch. 6

6. Terry Sampson

Terry Sampson ζει

Ratings:
    +257
    Good Lord, Hubert! Frank hasn't finished asking every possible question about the Bible, and you want to send him off into the Infancy Gospel??? LOL!!!

7. Terry Sampson

Terry Sampson ζει

Ratings:
    +257
    Hey, @Frank Goad! Here's one for you: What's the shortest verse in the whole Bible?

8. InChrist

InChrist Free4ever

Ratings:
    +1,180
    I know that one, but I'll left Frank answer.:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Trailblazer

Trailblazer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,690
    Religion:
    Baha'i
  10. Frank Goad

Frank Goad Active Member

Ratings:
    +66
    Religion: