• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about somewhere in the bible were it talks about humans and birds

Frank Goad

Is there anywhere in the bible were jesus says each person is more important to God then a flock of birds?Or something like that?:confused:

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Is there anywhere in the bible were jesus says each person is more important to God then a flock of birds?Or something like that?:confused:
Luke 12:22-28
22 Then He said to His disciples, “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will put on. 23 Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing. 24 Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds? 25 And which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? 26 If you then are not able to do the least, why are you anxious for the rest? 27 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 28 If then God so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith?

Rational Agnostic

I think that you are recalling these verses. Technically, they are not in the bible, but found in the Infancy Gospel of Thomas.

This little child Jesus when he was five years old was playing at the ford of a brook: and he gathered together the waters that flowed there into pools, and made them straightway clean, and commanded them by his word alone. And having made soft clay, he fashioned thereof twelve sparrows. And it was the Sabbath when he did these things (or made them). And there were also many other little children playing with him.

Ellen Brown

Matt 6:26 26 Behold the birds of the air ...

Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

Cut and paste is not being impressive tonight, but you can now look it up. :) I suggest reading all of Ch. 6