• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about sheol and hades having fire to them.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I believe it was not a matter of influence but rather a matter of what language it is written in. In English Hell does not mean grave since grave is the word we use but translators have translated grave as Hell in many instances.
Yes, I too find 'grave as hell' or 'hell as grave', but what put the forever flames in biblical hell/grave___________
When KJV translated the word Gehenna (Not the word sheol ) into English as 'hell fire' that put the fire in hell.
Whereas, Gehenna was just a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were destroyed.
So, it is No wonder that Scripture teaches the wicked will be 'destroyed forever' and Not roasted nor fried forever.
( Psalms 37:38; Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22, including wicked Satan - Hebrews 2:14 B )

muhammad_isa

An inquiring mind wants to know..

Well, we will have to wait to find out. We all have to die.
It suffices to know that our lives don't end with death.

It is all too convenient to think that either something good will happen to us,
or we will just cease to be.
If God doesn't let anybody suffer, then why do so many people suffer right now?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
"He that testifies of these things", the angel of the Lord, is the same angel who will come for the tares at the end of the age. (Revelation 22:20 & Matthew 13:39-42). The "tares", the lawless (Matthew 13:41), will be thrown into the furnace of fire, which is the "great tribulation". If they survive the great tribulation, they will worship/bow to the king (Zechariah 14:16), and be ruled by a iron rod (Revelation 19:15). The tares saying "Jesus come", don't realize what is coming. The prayer Yeshua taught was "thy kingdom come", "thy will be done", which would be the kingdom will come per the will of God, on his timetable. Prior to the coming of the son of man (Matthew 24:29), is the "great tribulation". There will be no "rapture". "First" the "tares" will be gathered and burned, and then the wheat will be gathered into the barn (Matthew 13:30), to be led by David on the land given to Jacob (Ezekiel 37). The "tares", led by the false prophets (Matthew 7:13), apparently will not know what hit them (Matthew 24:43).
...and don't forget to add about the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as found at Matthew 25:31-33,37.
Right, No rapture (Isaiah 26:20), but the coming ' final signal ', so to speak as found at 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3.
When the Powers in Charge will be saying, " Peace and Safety..." but that rosy saying will prove to be the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14,9 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in Peace on Earth among person's of goodwill.

Seems to me the ' weed/tares ' will know what hit them according to Ezekiel 38:23.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It suffices to know that our lives don't end with death.
It is all too convenient to think that either something good will happen to us, or we will just cease to be.
If God doesn't let anybody suffer, then why do so many people suffer right now?

I think you might find of interest chapters one and two of Job.
At Job 2:4-5 Satan challenges the man Job (without his knowing why) and by way of extension Satan challenges us.
Touch our 'flesh'.... ( meaning loose physical health aka suffer ) then we would Not serve God under bad conditions.
Both Job and Jesus under very adverse conditions proved Satan a liar thus so can we also prove Satan wrong.
So, yes the suffering is right now, but please notice what Jesus will bring to us at Revelation 22:2.
This is a reason why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Come because there will be ' healing' ( Not suffering ) for earth's nations.
Healing to the point as Isaiah 33:24 wrote that No one will say, " I am sick......"
Earth and its people will be healthy as described in Isaiah 35th chapter.
Look at the beautiful word picture painted for us at Isaiah 65:21-25; Isaiah 11:6-9

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It suffices to know that our lives don't end with death..............

Yes, we all have to die. Die unless we are still alive at Jesus' coming Glory Time as found at Matthew 25:31-33,37.
When King Jesus judges as righteous (the figurative humble sheep) they can remain alive on Earth and continue to live on Earth and be here to see calendar Day One of Jesus' Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth for a thousand years when even ' enemy death ' will be No more as per 1 Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8

2ndpillar

...and don't forget to add about the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as found at Matthew 25:31-33,37.
Right, No rapture (Isaiah 26:20), but the coming ' final signal ', so to speak as found at 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3.
When the Powers in Charge will be saying, " Peace and Safety..." but that rosy saying will prove to be the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14,9 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in Peace on Earth among person's of goodwill.

Seems to me the ' weed/tares ' will know what hit them according to Ezekiel 38:23.

The survivors of the nations, with regard to the "great tribulation" (Matthew 24), will know what hit them (Ezekiel 38:23), after the fact of having the nations/Gentiles smited with a sharp sword, after which they will be under rule by the rod of iron (Revelation 19:15), and will confess, "our fathers have inherited lies/falsehoods" (Jeremiah 16:19). The nations in which Israel was scattered, will be destroyed, whereas Jacob will just be chastised (Jeremiah 30:10-11), after which they will be returned to the land given to Jacob (Ezekiel 37). The strangers/nations will then submit to be servants of Jacob (Isaiah 14:1-3). The tares feel they are the righteous, and that they will be "raptured". The ones gathered/raptured "first" are the tares (Matthew 13:30). The righteous dead will then be gathered into the barn (the land given to Jacob)(Revelation 20:4). That would preclude any person with the mark of the beast, the beast being the Emperor Constantine, who established the Roman church which still has their Pontifex Maximus in Rome.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The survivors of the nations, with regard to the "great tribulation" (Matthew 24), will know what hit them (Ezekiel 38:23), after the fact of having the nations/Gentiles smited with a sharp sword, after which they will be under rule by the rod of iron (Revelation 19:15), and will confess, "our fathers have inherited lies/falsehoods" (Jeremiah 16:19). The nations in which Israel was scattered, will be destroyed, whereas Jacob will just be chastised (Jeremiah 30:10-11), after which they will be returned to the land given to Jacob (Ezekiel 37). The strangers/nations will then submit to be servants of Jacob (Isaiah 14:1-3). The tares feel they are the righteous, and that they will be "raptured". The ones gathered/raptured "first" are the tares (Matthew 13:30). The righteous dead will then be gathered into the barn (the land given to Jacob)(Revelation 20:4). That would preclude any person with the mark of the beast, the beast being the Emperor Constantine, who established the Roman church which still has their Pontifex Maximus in Rome.

I find the great tribulation of Matthew chapter 24 has both a 'minor' and a MAJOR fulfillment.
The 'minor' was fulfilled in the year 70 when God's Arm of the Law the Roman armies destroyed un-faithful Jerusalem.
The MAJOR great tribulation fulfillment is for our day or time frame as mentioned at Revelation 7:14.
It is at our time that the ' great crowd ' of Revelation 7:9 is going to be saved / delivered / rescued.

The nations will know..... <- Ezekiel 38:23 - because the powers in charge will shockingly turn on the religious world to get rid of it. They will 'come to know' they can't get rid of the genuine ' wheat ' Christians.
With backing the United Nations can strengthened and prove to be God's modern-day Arm of the Law to get rid of corrupted trouble-filled religion.

2ndpillar

Yes, we all have to die. Die unless we are still alive at Jesus' coming Glory Time as found at Matthew 25:31-33,37.
When King Jesus judges as righteous (the figurative humble sheep) they can remain alive on Earth and continue to live on Earth and be here to see calendar Day One of Jesus' Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth for a thousand years when even ' enemy death ' will be No more as per 1 Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8

Everyone dies for their own iniquities (Jeremiah 31:30). As for Isaiah 25:7, death is not swallowed up until after 1000 years (Revelation 20:4). During that time, the dead will remain in their graves to be raised at the end of the millennium and then judged according to their deeds. As for how long survivors of the great tribulation will live, that will be over 100 years old, unless they are thought of as accursed. (Isaiah 64:20)
I find the great tribulation of Matthew chapter 24 has both a 'minor' and a MAJOR fulfillment.
The 'minor' was fulfilled in the year 70 when God's Arm of the Law the Roman armies destroyed un-faithful Jerusalem.
The MAJOR great tribulation fulfillment is for our day or time frame as mentioned at Revelation 7:14.
It is at our time that the ' great crowd ' of Revelation 7:9 is going to be saved / delivered / rescued.

The nations will know..... <- Ezekiel 38:23 - because the powers in charge will shockingly turn on the religious world to get rid of it. They will 'come to know' they can't get rid of the genuine ' wheat ' Christians.
With backing the United Nations can strengthened and prove to be God's modern-day Arm of the Law to get rid of corrupted trouble-filled religion.

According to Matthew 24:29, the coming of the son of man, will "immediately follow the tribulation", which did not happen in 70 AD. 70 AD was in the era of the 6th head of the beast (Revelation 17:10), the Augustus Caesars, and the "end of the age", happens at the end of the age, in the era of the 8th head of the beast (Revelation 17:11), when "first", the tares will by gathered out by the angels of the Lord, and thrown into the fire (great tribulation), and not the UN (Matthew 13:39-41). The nations will be judged, after Judah/Jews, and Jerusalem have been "restored" (Joel 3:1-3). That never happened in 70 AD, but the Jews have been restored to Jerusalem today, which is to say the "fig tree" has "put forth its leaves" (Matthew 24:32). The "tares" are represented by "those who commit lawlessness" (Matthew 13:41), which would be the followers of the false prophet Paul, and his sermon of nailing the law to the cross, or in other words, his gospel of the cross/grace. By way of the beast with two horns like a lamb, the emperor Constantine, these tares have taken on the mark of the beast and will have to drink from the cup of "His anger" (Revelation 14:10), the great tribulaltion. As for Revelation 7:14, the only ones saved from "harm" were the 144,000 of the "sons of Israel", starting with the 12,000 from the tribe of Judah. It is "after these things", the four angels harming the earth and sea, that the "great multiple" (Revelation 7:9), the survivors among the nations, will declare their fathers inherited falsehoods (Jeremiah 16:19), and will worshipped the king in Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:16).

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yes, I too find 'grave as hell' or 'hell as grave', but what put the forever flames in biblical hell/grave___________
When KJV translated the word Gehenna (Not the word sheol ) into English as 'hell fire' that put the fire in hell.
Whereas, Gehenna was just a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were destroyed.
So, it is No wonder that Scripture teaches the wicked will be 'destroyed forever' and Not roasted nor fried forever.
( Psalms 37:38; Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22, including wicked Satan - Hebrews 2:14 B )

I believe this verse is key:
Matt 25:41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.