• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about removal of sin in Islam

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'm not sure the Quran really teaches that. Which verses do you refer?

I still have the same flawed human nature now as I did before becoming a Baha'i. However my faith provides guidance and the inspiration to become a better person. There is no instant short cut. Most of us have to work towards real and lasting change in our lives. I'm somewhat skeptical when one faith claims to remove all sins. I know some Christians can make such claims. I didn't realise some Muslims believe that about Islam.
I think it was this verse, but if i have misunderstood i will study more.
[al-Anfaal 8:38

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I care more about someone's health than coddling beliefs that could harm them. If someone I knew was planning to take a trip to bathe in that filthy water, I would do what I could to dissuade them. But it's ultimately their choice.
I agree that all are free to use it or to dismiss it

Once I got very sick from hepatitis. Really sick. Probably I drank some dirty water
At the time I was up north in India, and seeing the Ganges,
remembering its Holiness, but also its dirtiness

I decided "more sick than I am now is impossible. I give it a try"
Water was cold and dirty, if I remember well, I even saw **** floating around me

God cured me afterwards miraculously
Belief in God is a powerful tool given to us

I agree that all are free to use it or to dismiss it

stvdv

I'm not sure the Quran really teaches that. Which verses do you refer?
Sai Baba teaches "To believe you are a sinner, is the biggest sin"...that puts "sin" in a different perspective, if you mean "sin" in relation to "sinner"

IF Koran is the book of God THEN I should be able to find a verse confirming this (and I do believe it is a God-inspired book)

stvdv

Thanks for sharing, seems to me a literal verse, simple to understand, where not much misunderstanding is possible
(8:38) [O Prophet!] Tell the unbelievers that if they desist from evil, their past shall be forgiven
and if they revert to their past ways, then it is well known what happened with the people of the past.

Good part is, that you do not even need to be a believer, as it seems, according to Koran
Just desist doing evil is the trick (makes sense, as I would not call an evildoer a believer)

(to be more precise: an evildoer I might call a "believer in evil"....not a "believer in God")

Wow, the Koran, so also God, is really Great, not excluding unbelievers, when forgiving sin

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member

Depends.

This verse only says "cease and what has passed before will be forgiven". Does not say "convert and you will be forgiven".

The previous verses explain what this so called "rejector" it is referring to. It is talking about a rejector who spends money to turn others away from the path of God. They are doing this intentionally for personal gain. Go a little further. verse 30 talks about these rejectors plotting to kill you, chase you away from your home or dwelling place etc etc. This is talking about them.

When someone who is doing these malicious planning stops what he is doing, he will be forgiven just like others in the past. The expression of sunnat al-awalyn (the path/laws of previous generations) reminds the past communities who transgressed.

So brother. This verse is not speaking of someone who converts, even if you stay as you are, be it an atheist or theist, your sins will be forgiven if you stop doing your hypocritical planning of "nasty things" if you know what I mean.

Peace.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
In the Quran it say that when a person convert to Islam all previoues sins will be removed. And we get a new start.

I can not say my sins has been removed or not yet, but i do notice how fully calm my mind has become, worries about money, food, lack of anger from within, less frustration about life or people who was bugging me before. Its all gone.
And all i did was convert, start to read the quran, following it in daily life, and pray.

Honestly if i knew Allah was this great i would have converted many years ago :eyes:

How do you see it in the subject about sins and removal of sins?

Yes brother, all past deeds will be erased and amazingly it'll be converted to good deeds instead
that is according to verse 25:70

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
Except for those who repent, believe and do righteous work. For them Allah will replace their evil deeds with good. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Yes brother, all past deeds will be erased and amazingly it'll be converted to good deeds instead
that is according to verse 25:70

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
Except for those who repent, believe and do righteous work. For them Allah will replace their evil deeds with good. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.
Thank you for sharing this verse @FearGod