• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about removal of sin in Islam

chinu

chinu
And of course for me as a new muslim, i have a long path in front of me to be able to k ow the teaching by heart in Arabic.
Friend, I also suggest you to refrain teaching others until you yourself completely and truly understand "Respected-Holy-Quran"

Who knows, you may get the different meaning of the same verse some another day.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Friend, I also suggest you to refrain teaching others until you yourself completely and truly understand "Respected-Holy-Quran"

Who knows, you may get the different meaning of the same verse some another day.
My OP was no attempt to teach others, i am sorry if it felt like i wanted to teach.

chinu

chinu
My OP was no attempt to teach others,
In OP you suggested the following:
In the Quran it say that when a person convert to Islam all previoues sins will be removed. And we get a new start.
Whereby, your own lessons are under education.
i am sorry if it felt like i wanted to teach.
Friends need NOT to say sorry. So don't worry about that. Am your friend. :)

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
In the Quran it say that when a person convert to Islam all previoues sins will be removed. And we get a new start.

I can not say my sins has been removed or not yet, but i do notice how fully calm my mind has become, worries about money, food, lack of anger from within, less frustration about life or people who was bugging me before. Its all gone.
And all i did was convert, start to read the quran, following it in daily life, and pray.

Honestly if i knew Allah was this great i would have converted many years ago :eyes:

How do you see it in the subject about sins and removal of sins?

First thing is repentance. The Quran was written for the Muttaqoon. The one with a righteous heart. The one with a conscience. So in your mind you would know if you actually repented if you have done a sin.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
First thing is repentance. The Quran was written for the Muttaqoon. The one with a righteous heart. The one with a conscience. So in your mind you would know if you actually repented if you have done a sin.
This is true. Afterbi made tjis OP i have read more and seen what you are saying.

I guess i will use some time to read and study the Quran more deeply before i open a new OP in RF so my mistakes are less obvious:)

firedragon

Veteran Member
This is true. Afterbi made tjis OP i have read more and seen what you are saying.

I guess i will use some time to read and study the Quran more deeply before i open a new OP in RF so my mistakes are less obvious:)

Not really. Just open any thread you like. Ignore the insults, straw man arguments and ad hominem. And we can share knowledge brother. Always. ;)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Not really. Just open any thread you like. Ignore the insults, straw man arguments and ad hominem. And we can share knowledge brother. Always. ;)
I dont feel insulted to be honest. I dont even feel the need to raise my voice to be heard, people has their right to say what they mean. So yes i will keep posting, but make my self more prepared by study more at least

firedragon

Veteran Member
I dont feel insulted to be honest. I dont even feel the need to raise my voice to be heard, people has their right to say what they mean. So yes i will keep posting, but make my self more prepared by study more at least

Well. Ur great then. Peace.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Sai Baba also said "The moment you have my Darshan, all your sins are gone":). Of course it's easy to create new ones:D, not wise though;)

stvdv

It seems that God "removes sin for all the same", no matter what path you choose, as I have seen it in:
1) In Islam, like @Amanaki explained in the OP, the sins are gone, and God granted him peace of mind
2) In Christianity, I was in a Baptist Church, and they said that sins were washed away after Baptism
3) Sai Baba also said "The moment you have my Darshan, all your sins are gone":), afterwards my mind was totally calm

*) So, it seems that all people get God's Grace when they surrender to God, whichever path they choose
*) I could imagine that someone who decides to become Humane might also have similar experiences

Sakeenah

I can not say my sins has been removed or not yet, but i do notice how fully calm my mind has become, worries about money, food, lack of anger from within, less frustration about life or people who was bugging me before. Its all gone.
And all i did was convert, start to read the quran, following it in daily life, and pray.

Honestly if i knew Allah was this great i would have converted many years ago :eyes:

Welcome to Islam :) May Allah fill your heart with tranquility. I think what you are experiencing is what well call sweetness of Faith. It's something you experience when you feel you are close to God, a bit like a spiritual high. You often feel this when you renew your faith, convert or when you are really focused on God and getting close to Him. It's an amazing feeling : )
In regards to sin, your sins are forgiven when you accept Islam, but I think it's impossible to stay sinless. We can strive to stay away from what displeases God, but as humans there are moments we sin even if they are minor. We are humans and not angels.There are moments that we sin without realising.Allah mentions in the Quran that he loves those who repent and do good. Allah does not want us to be perfect, it's really about striving to be a better person and staying humble.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Even if all my sins has been removed, i will do my best to not create any more sins :) i can not say Allah will keep removing my sins if i keep doing them.

But i have also noticed my thoughts have changed, not only toward my self but toward others too. I do not have the need to show others my way is the righ way or better way, all i can do is to better my self and let others better them self without me trying to change them.

I have noticed a common thread in many religions, and that is the focus on self. Which is not a bad thing unless it cancels out focus on others. I guess that this is a good place to start, because becoming a Christian should make people better citizens, better spouses, better parents and so forth......but from the Christian perspective, concern for others motivates their need to spread the "good news" about what is to come.....a future where God's will is done on earth by all, not just a struggling few. Most of us want to live in a world free from the political or religious conflicts and wars that have plagued the human race all through history. The Bible tells about an amazing future where everything we hate about this world will be removed and everything we want in life will be freely provided. IOW....all will go back to the conditions that God originally gave to the first humans. This is the life I believe that is programmed into our collective hearts.

Religion is an invention of man that divides people along the lines of "beliefs" that are imparted by others who either gained those beliefs from the religion common in their birthplace, and strongly held by family members, or who adopted beliefs because they found them attractive for some reason.

Why we are attracted to a religion or religious concept is interesting. It says a lot about us as individuals.

Why we are repelled by religion is also a strong deterrent to people adopting religion in any form. Something has created this abhorrence.

At the end of the day, I believe that our choices determine our future....or whether we even have one.

stvdv

i do notice how fully calm my mind has become, worries about money, food, lack of anger from within, less frustration about life or people who was bugging me before. Its all gone.
That's God's Grace:heartbeat:. You take one step:twohearts: towards God, God takes 100:twohearts: towards you
God always gives you the best deals, much better than any human can ever give you IMHE

chinu

chinu
Sai Baba also said "The moment you have my Darshan, all your sins are gone":). Of course it's easy to create new ones:D, not wise though;)
But, I do NOT contrary with this statement.

Actually, I believe that the one who has attained oneness with "God" is authorised to say so.

Firstly, by "Darshan" they mean the "Darshan" of their divine-body NOT physical body.

Secondly, there's NO difference between saying these (2) two lines:
  1. WHEN you will pay back ALL your Sins / Deeds (Good & Bad both), Thereafter you will get "Darshan" of my divine-body. OR
  2. The moment WHEN you will have my Darshan, all your sins are gone.
Perhaps, sometimes divine-people use to talk in riddles.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Welcome to Islam :) May Allah fill your heart with tranquility. I think what you are experiencing is what well call sweetness of Faith. It's something you experience when you feel you are close to God, a bit like a spiritual high. You often feel this when you renew your faith, convert or when you are really focused on God and getting close to Him. It's an amazing feeling : )
In regards to sin, your sins are forgiven when you accept Islam, but I think it's impossible to stay sinless. We can strive to stay away from what displeases God, but as humans there are moments we sin even if they are minor. We are humans and not angels.There are moments that we sin without realising.Allah mentions in the Quran that he loves those who repent and do good. Allah does not want us to be perfect, it's really about striving to be a better person and staying humble.
Thank you @Sakeenah yes it is a feeling of having extra energy and my mind has gained something i can yet explain.
It is true that i can still make sin, but i strive to not do it, i do not want to go back to what was before.

stvdv

Secondly, there's NO difference between saying these (2) two lines:
  1. WHEN you will pay back ALL your Sins / Deeds (Good & Bad both), Thereafter you will get "Darshan" of my divine-body. OR
  2. The moment WHEN you will have my Darshan, all your sins are gone.
Perhaps, sometimes divine-people use to talk in riddles.
I love below conversation. I think you might like below conversation between Vasistha and Rama also:
VASISTHA * continued:` II:7, 8 O Rama*, one should, with a body free from illness and mind free from distress, pursue self-knowledge so that he is not born again here. Such selfeffort has a threefold root and therefore threefold fruit—an inner awakening in the intelligence, a decision in the mind and the physical action.

Self-effort is based on these three:
a) knowledge of scriptures
b) instructions of the preceptor
c) one's own effort.
Fate (or divine dispensation) does not enter here. Hence, he who desires salvation should divert the impure mind to pure endeavor by persistent effort — this is the very essence of all scriptures. The Holy ones emphasise: persistently tread the path that leads to the eternal good. And the wise seeker knows: the fruit of my endeavors will be commensurate with the intensity of my selfeffort and neither fate nor a god can ordain it otherwise.

Indeed, such selfeffort alone is responsible for whatever man gets here; when he is sunk in unhappiness, to console him people suggest that it is his fate. This is obvious: one goes abroad, one appeases one's hunger, by undertaking a journey and by eating food—not on account of a fate.
No one has seen such a fate or a god, but everyone has experienced how an action (good or evil) leads to a result (good or evil). Hence, right from one's childhood one should endeavor to promote one's true good (salvation) by a keen intelligent study of the scriptures, by having the company of the holy ones and by right selfeffort.

Fate or divine dispensation is merely a convention which has come to be regarded as truth by being repeatedly declared to be true. If this god or fate is truly the ordainer of everything in this world, of what meaning is any action (even like bathing, speaking or giving), and whom should one teach at all?
No. In this world, except a corpse, everything is active and such activity yields its appropriate result. No one has ever realised the existence of a fate or divine dispensation.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

I'm not sure the Quran really teaches that. Which verses do you refer?

I still have the same flawed human nature now as I did before becoming a Baha'i. However my faith provides guidance and the inspiration to become a better person. There is no instant short cut. Most of us have to work towards real and lasting change in our lives. I'm somewhat skeptical when one faith claims to remove all sins. I know some Christians can make such claims. I didn't realise some Muslims believe that about Islam.