• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about poltergeists and out of body people

Frank Goad

Do you believe people can leave their bodies?And do the same stuff poltergeists do?:)I am not sure.If I could I would be like casper.:)

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe people can leave their bodies. I'm not sure what they can do while out.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
No. I'm not sure "what" leaves the body. When you're in anesthesia or have a gran Mal seizure your awareness is out. If our awareness is separate from the brain ideally it would be seperated while living, knocked out, or dead. Not sure how death changes the rules.

Poltergeist? Only from the movies.

Nimos

Do you believe people can leave their bodies?And do the same stuff poltergeists do?:)I am not sure.If I could I would be like casper.:)
Wouldn't it be extremely easy to test? Find a person that claim they can do it, put them in a room next to another with only a door between them, no windows etc. Throw an observer in each test room and in the room where the out of body person is not, you put a card on a table with a random easy to recognize object on it, and then the person have to say what it is and you run the test 50 or more times and if they get it correct all the time, then we can talk :)

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Wouldn't it be extremely easy to test? Find a person that claim they can do it, put them in a room next to another with only a door between them, no windows etc. Throw an observer in each test room and in the room where the out of body person is not, you put a card on a table with a random easy to recognize object on it, and then the person have to say what it is and you run the test 50 or more times and if they get it correct all the time, then we can talk :)

I remember reading an occult book once that suggested something similar to just that...

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I believe people can leave their bodies. I'm not sure what they can do while out.

Pretty much this. I remember trying some occultic things as a younger adult. When you're young, you want to try anything. I believe that if you can channel something like that to the point of achieving it, you can have weird experiences, or weird connections to others, or weird things going on in your mind. However, it didn't change my life. It didn't make me more enlightened. It didn't help my understanding of the world. I didn't become a floating ghost. Whatever I experienced, wasn't even as powerful as my modern-day worship sessions with Shiva. It just isn't worth writing about much, for me. So I often don't.