• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about parapsychology.Is there anything christian about parapsychology?

Truth in love

Is there anything christian about parapsychology?:):confused:
It looks like parapsychology is trying to study areas not well explained.

There are many things in the lives of Christians that are not well explained by traditional science.

placebos are a major factor in many areas of study. A Christian would likely call it faith.

Parapsychology is likely to go down some roads Christian’s tend to avoid (like fortune telling).

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

I think the answer depends on who you ask. There are Christians who avoid parapsychology and investigating the paranormal in the field because they think that believing in earthbound spirits goes against their beliefs as Christians. And then there are Christians who actively study, research, and investigate the paranormal without any conflicting feelings. I've met a few paranormal investigators who are Christians, and most of them try to urge the spirits they encounter to cross over. They are genuinely concerned for the spirits.

Viker

Häxan
Much of what comprises demonology has been compiled mostly by Christians. The majority of parapsychologists, even if not Christian themselves, utilize a Christian approach and perspective on the issue of demons.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
All I can think of is clergy performing exorcisms. Particularly Catholics. I think they have courses in demonology and the like so I guess that qualifies as parapsychology.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Parapsychology is not about religion but about the understanding of things seemingly beyond our current physical paradigm.

Now, it may or may not support certain religious beliefs, but parapsychology doesn't address theological issues.