• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about parapsychology and it's advancements.

Frank Goad

In all the years parapsychology has been researching stuff.What advancements have they made?To help humanity?:)

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
In all the years parapsychology has been researching stuff.What advancements have they made?To help humanity?:)

Parapsychology, in my opinion, has created a lot of opportunities for paranormal researchers like me. I knew nothing about the paranormal outside of my personal encounters with the spirit world when I made the decision to begin researching it fifteen years ago. I've since acquired ghost-hunting equipment, learned how to safely investigate a haunted location, learned about the various types of hauntings I might run across when investigating the paranormal, and I've met other paranormal investigators and mediums who shared their experiences with me. Regarding how parapsychology has benefited the rest of the world, I believe it has helped to clarify what happens to us after we die and, in my opinion, has provided compelling proof that there is an afterlife even though it differs from what the Bible or other holy books claim it to be. In my opinion, the negative stigma that is attached Parapsychology has been gradually fading over the years. Believing in ghosts (earthbound spirits) and investigating the paranormal is more accepted now.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
In all the years parapsychology has been researching stuff.What advancements have they made?
I think it has made progress but the unfair (IMO) opposition to it is out there in paces like this forum.
To help humanity?:)
That is not the goal. The goal is to understand these things better. It is man's responsibility to use the information wisely.

Veyl

In applied psi, clairvoyance has been useful. Searching for missing people is one of the most obvious beneficial uses, though there are other potential uses (e.g., searching for narcotics). Psychic archaeology is essentially that faculty put into use for finding and examining historical sites.

Unfortunately, the strength and controllability of psi is not yet sufficient for other uses, such as ones that PK might provide (macro-PK is a perennially elusive and controversial area) . ESP has been more fruitful to study generally.

As others have mentioned, there are also contributions to philosophy that the field provides.