• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question About Late-Term Abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
linwood said:
If thats the case then the line should be moved to where ever we can be certain a fetus can survive.

I`m not as knowledgable of fetal development as you Johnnys so I ask just for discussions sake.
If we were to institute my idea roughly where could we correctly draw the line I`m speaking of?

I`d like to know because this topic is obviously popular and I don`t want to assert anything incorrectly when it comes up again.
I'm afraid it would depend totally on your area of residence, or how fast you could get to a hospital that specializes in preemie care. As far as I know, 19 weeks is the youngest I have ever heard of a baby being saved at.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
johnnys4life said:
Then why get any information out on these forums, since pretty much everything is out there on the internet somewhere already.
There's a place for everything. In case you didn't notice, this is not an Abortion debate forum, it's a Religious forum, that's what we want to focus on here. I think you might be happier on a Abortion forum where everyone will agree with you. I'm sure they're out there. This forum is for Religious discussion, debate and education, again, in case you missed that.

Because you can't answer a lot of perfectly logical questions. You just keep resorting to saying that it's a woman's choice, which is exactly what pro-abortion groups are saying. It's like pro-choice people are being told exactly what to think, and they just go along with it even when it makes no sense.
LMAO!! No one is telling me what to think! How absurd! I believe in choice and not being told what to think by any religious group. You might try it. And you questions are not logical, and they are unrealistic and make alit of unwarranted presumptions. They are not worth answering.

Freedom to do what. Choice to do what? A woman should have a right to choose- ? Finish the sentence. Choose what?
FREEDOM TO CHOOSE!! That's it. Freedom to choose what is right for her, not what YOU think someone should do. It's not up to you or me what everyone else in the world does. They should be able to choose what is right for them. Why is freedom so scary to you?

When it comes to killing innocent human beings, someone oughtta have the right to tell people it is NOT okay.
:rallyes: You are still ignoring the fact that people do not agree with a human is a human and should trump the wishes of the woman. Stop ignoring that difference. No one supports killing innocent human beings, so please stop your presumptive and inflammatory langauge.

Then name one thing that a viable unborn baby does not have that a legally protected human being does, besides legal rights.
Why do you keep making presumptions like this?

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
Maize said:
There's a place for everything. In case you didn't notice, this is not an Abortion debate forum, it's a Religious forum, that's what we want to focus on here. I think you might be happier on a Abortion forum where everyone will agree with you. I'm sure they're out there. This forum is for Religious discussion, debate and education, again, in case you missed that. .

And this is the general debate section. And I know I'm not the only one to bring up this topic, just the only one to be criticized so much for it.
Maize said:
LMAO!! No one is telling me what to think! How absurd! I believe in choice and not being told what to think by any religious group. You might try it. And you questions are not logical, and they are unrealistic and make alit of unwarranted presumptions. They are not worth answering. .

Just because they aren't what you consider religious, doesn't mean they don't have a powerful dogma which has an influence over many people's thinking. I find it hard to believe a person is thinking entirely for themself when they are parroting back the slogan of a very biased advocacy group.

Maize said:
FREEDOM TO CHOOSE!! That's it. Freedom to choose what is right for her, not what YOU think someone should do. It's not up to you or me what everyone else in the world does. They should be able to choose what is right for them. Why is freedom so scary to you? .
When a woman does whatever she wants with her body, in total disregard to the body of someone else, you call it choice. When a man does the same thing, it is called rape.

What a woman does with her child is my business, it is everyone's business, if it were HER body alone we were talking about, she would be "aborting" herself, not someone else. If someone wants to cut off thier own arm, it is a pretty dumb thing to do, but let them. When they want to cut apart a seperate human being, with a seperate DNA structure, bloodstream, brain, heart, and body, it's time to draw the line.
Maize said:
:rallyes: You are still ignoring the fact that people do not agree with a human is a human and should trump the wishes of the woman. Stop ignoring that difference. No one supports killing innocent human beings, so please stop your presumptive and inflammatory langauge. .
Yes, I do know that some people don't agree that a human is a human. They didn't agree with it concerning the Jews in Nazi Germany, and they didn't agree with it concerning the blacks in the time of slavery. In fact, the Supreme Court ALSO ruled once that blacks were indeed, not human, but merely the property of their owners. The wishes of the slave owners trumped the rights of the slave. When someone spoke out against the issue, they were simply told that a slave owner had the right to do whatever he wanted with his property. Now people are saying the same thing about women, and I happen not to believe that an unborn child is anyone's property.

The dictionary says an unborn child is a baby, and so do I. If you look at the photographs of abortion victims, I think it is obvious it is not a woman's body we are talking about.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
You are very, very good at skewing the facts, johnnys4life. So much so, it's not worth my time to continue this any longer, it's bording on the point of ridiclous. I'm not trying to change your mind, believe whatever you want, I don't care, so why are you trying to make everyone believe as you do? When you start comparing women who made a difficult decision in their lives, a very personal decision, and you're comparing them to rapists, slave owners, racists and Nazis, that is where I draw the line. The "debate" is pointless if you're making those assumptions. Your whole agenda is not about abortion it is to demonize women who do not believe as you. I will no longer be a part of that. Another moderator will review this thread from on, I'm done with it.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I find it hard to believe a person is thinking entirely for themself when they are parroting back the slogan of a very biased advocacy group.
Then I think you'll see why we get nervous when a person is doing that, on either side.

Maize is taking the wise road in leaving this thread, and I'm afraid I'll have to go with her. I'll say it again, I am very sad. You had started moving on from this topic and letting others get to know your other, beautiful, sides and I wish I knew why we are no longer getting to see those other facets of you.

Please seek the guidance of your local clergy. No matter how Pro-Life they are, I'm hopeful that they will see how detrimental to the spirit it is for one to focus for two years on something you view as murder, and will be able to offer up some suggestions.

I hope that you will be healed and blessed.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
FeathersinHair said:
Then I think you'll see why we get nervous when a person is doing that, on either side.

Maize is taking the wise road in leaving this thread, and I'm afraid I'll have to go with her. I'll say it again, I am very sad. You had started moving on from this topic and letting others get to know your other, beautiful, sides and I wish I knew why we are no longer getting to see those other facets of you.

Please seek the guidance of your local clergy. No matter how Pro-Life they are, I'm hopeful that they will see how detrimental to the spirit it is for one to focus for two years on something you view as murder, and will be able to offer up some suggestions.

I hope that you will be healed and blessed.
Maize is offended that I compared people who abort to slave owners and Nazis, but the comparison still stands. If she truly feels I am skewing the facts, then I wish she would have tried to refute it and set the facts straight, if it were possible. If she feels the need to leave the thread, then let her do what she feels like.

Well, I am very sad too. I had hoped someone would be able to reason with me on this, but I have been given no reasoning, no logic, nothing but opinions and emotion from the other side. This is why I will never become pro-choice again. Once you get past the dogma, there is simply nothing there.

And yes, I can totally understand how somebody could be pro-choice when it comes to life-threatening situations, but to me, the word choice falls short. That is a very difficult decision to make, and I believe every attempt to save both mother and baby should always be made before she just gives up.

In the case of rape, I believe there are kinder ways to treat a woman. If someone could show me one shred of evidence that abortion actually helps a woman who has been raped, in the long run, I would be open to hearing it and debating with that person about it. I have never seen any such evidence in my reading or my personal life. I have one very good friend who aborted because of rape, but her reasons went deeper than that and involved racism as well. At any rate she deeply regrets that decision now, and wishes she could take it back. Abortion is forever. I also know another woman who became pregnant from rape, and decided to keep the baby, she was pro-life and to her it was not even a question, murder was murder. Her baby and her are doing just fine.

Well, I talk to my pastor about it all the time. He's very much pro-life as well. He however has a way of saying things to people in a very non-offensive way, that makes them really consider what they think on a deeply personal level. I don't always have that gift, but I try my best. I wish you guys could talk to him. I don't think I'm so obsessed as you all seem to think. This is sort of a cause I've taken up right now, but I have many other things I'm doing as well. I haven't been on here talking about abortion for months, and now I come back for what 3 days, I've posted on a few threads about it, and now suddenly I have a reputation. I have very strong evidence to support my opinion, and a very deeply held conviction based upon that. That is all I can say. I am here to test the other side to see if there is any substance to it at all, I've found little.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
Saw11_2000 said:
I think there's becomming to many posts on this topic. I'm sorry if mine set off this whole avalance.
I don't think there can ever be too much discussion. That's what we're all here for.

Status
Not open for further replies.