• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about human auras and science

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Has science proved auras really exist?:)

Kirlian photography - Wikipedia

120px-A_Kirlian_Photography%2C_male_1989.jpg

Doesn't mean normal folks can actually see them though.

Moonjuice

In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey
What do you mean by aura? If you mean, that thing that colorful glow around you that only certain people can see and based on the color, they can determine what type of person you are (or what mood you are in?). If you mean that, then I think the answer is certainly no. But if you are referring to the fact that every human gives off a little bit of electrical energy and you call that an aura, then I think the answer is definitely yes.

exchemist

Veteran Member
What do you mean by aura? If you mean, that thing that colorful glow around you that only certain people can see and based on the color, they can determine what type of person you are (or what mood you are in?). If you mean that, then I think the answer is certainly no. But if you are referring to the fact that every human gives off a little bit of electrical energy and you call that an aura, then I think the answer is definitely yes.

Do you have evidence for that?

Messianic Israelite

Hi Frank Goad. Good afternoon. I laughed when I saw your post. Nothing funny about your post in itself, but rather about two weeks ago I was witnessing to a individual on the street and he told me that he saw aura's of people and he was interested in mine because it was a light green, which he said was very unusual. He also said I had a pure look about me.

I don't know about aura's. The Bible doesn't mention such. I do know that certain people can give off certain impressions to others by the way they walk, look, move, talk etc.

Moonjuice

Do you have evidence for that?
I made two points based on what I have heard people call an "Aura". The first point, I don't have evidence for because this is a default position for what I believe is a nonsense claim, that doesn't have any credible evidence to support it. Evidence could certainly change my mind. The second point, I think its common knowledge that our bodies operate on electrical current- no? A quick google search will give you plenty of evidence to support the idea that humans conduct electrical energy. Look up how the nervous system functions, or what "ions" are.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
They can be seen by the naked eye in Kirlian photography but science is unclear as to what they are.

In esoteric philosophies they are extensions of the energy bodies. Science does not accept etheric nor astral bodies at this time.

epronovost

They can be seen by the naked eye in Kirlian photography but science is unclear as to what they are.

No its pretty clear what they are. They are coronal discharge. You can take Kirlian photography of lifeless objects too. Hell the example in the Wikipedia article is a photography of two coins. It's a fairly mundane phenomenon, but its aesthetically very interesting and has inspired and produced spectacular art work.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Seeing a colour around a person or object... I don't know if that possible. However you can sense the energy of a person or a room in my opinion. That's kinda like an aura. I've walked in room and knew it wasn't safe to be there and around people I can sense the vibe they give off. But that's more of intuition- could be explained by things you noticed that you didn't notice consciously. And intuition can be wrong.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I made two points based on what I have heard people call an "Aura". The first point, I don't have evidence for because this is a default position for what I believe is a nonsense claim, that doesn't have any credible evidence to support it. Evidence could certainly change my mind. The second point, I think its common knowledge that our bodies operate on electrical current- no? A quick google search will give you plenty of evidence to support the idea that humans conduct electrical energy. Look up how the nervous system functions, or what "ions" are.
Nerves cells pass electrochemical signals internally, yes. And the human body, being mostly a dilute solution of ions, does conduct electricity. But neither of these is any reason to imagine that the body projects an electric field outside the body.

The article I linked explains what work has been done on the alleged phenomenon of auras - and the negative findings of that work.

Moonjuice

Nerves cells pass electrochemical signals internally, yes. And the human body, being mostly a dilute solution of ions, does conduct electricity. But neither of these is any reason to imagine that the body projects an electric field outside the body.

The article I linked explains what work has been done on the alleged phenomenon of auras - and the negative findings of that work.
Good point. I suppose an external emission of energy is the point of the question, not if the energy exists or not.