• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about ghosts

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Can ghosts haunt a whole town?Haunting every house back and forth?:confused:
I think ghosts are supposed to be very localised, so no...

Why do yo ask? Do you want to haunt an entire town after you die? (I know you're into "astral projection" and "out of body experiences")

I think haunting places would be cool depending on the place but I should imagine that it would get boring after a while and lonely too as you'd be incapable of talking with other people, what with you being a ghost etc.

Frank Goad

I think ghosts are supposed to be very localised, so no...

Why do yo ask? Do you want to haunt an entire town after you die? (I know you're into "astral projection" and "out of body experiences")

I think haunting places would be cool depending on the place but I should imagine that it would get boring after a while and lonely too as you'd be incapable of talking with other people, what with you being a ghost etc.

I don't want to haunt a town when I die.I asked this question because I reading a book about poltergeists.And this question poped into my head.

Katja

I don't want to haunt a town when I die.I asked this question because I reading a book about poltergeists.And this question poped into my head.
I thought poltergeists were not ghosts, but tied to a specific person (usually a teenager) and often/usually associated with emotional turmoil.

If that's the case, then it would make sense that the poltergeist might "move around" as the person does.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Ghost Frank? Seriously?
Are you afraid of ghost? Maybe you need

Seriously though Frank. What is a ghost?
Some people believe in a living dead. In other words, they believe that the dead are not really dead... o_O:confused: Do people die though? That's what we see, yes.
So what we know, is that people die, and their dead bodies rot away to dust.
Does any part of them walk about in the earth?

Where can we find truthful answers to such questions?
The Bible's clear simple answer lines up with the truth, we know.

(Genesis 3:19) In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.”

(Psalm 146:3, 4) 3 Do not put your trust in princes Nor in a son of man, who cannot bring salvation. 4 His spirit goes out, he returns to the ground; On that very day his thoughts perish.

(Ecclesiastes 3:19, 20) 19 for there is an outcome for humans and an outcome for animals; they all have the same outcome. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit. So man has no superiority over animals, for everything is futile. 20 All are going to the same place. They all come from the dust, and they all are returning to the dust.

If that is correct, what about this?
(Ecclesiastes 12:7) Then the dust returns to the earth, just as it was, and the spirit returns to the true God who gave it.

Can we not trust the Bible's clear, simple, and evidently truthful answers.
Of course, if we are seeking answers that appeal to our desires, as opposed to answers that have the ring of truth, it does put us in trouble, doesn't it?
That would be lead to a sad outcome. (John 4:23, 24; 8:31, 32; 44)

rational experiences

Veteran Member
The use of a human conscious word says "exist" means to be living.

As a ghost cannot live or exist, and if you see it, then you do, and as it goes away it does, then it is why it is not proven unless you witness it.

Why it is called phenomena.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
IMO: Ghosts are unreal, they are only a concoction of a human mind. As such they can appear real to an individual, not to a whole town.

Frank Goad

Ghost Frank? Seriously?
Are you afraid of ghost? Maybe you need

Seriously though Frank. What is a ghost?
Some people believe in a living dead. In other words, they believe that the dead are not really dead... o_O:confused: Do people die though? That's what we see, yes.
So what we know, is that people die, and their dead bodies rot away to dust.
Does any part of them walk about in the earth?

Where can we find truthful answers to such questions?
The Bible's clear simple answer lines up with the truth, we know.

(Genesis 3:19) In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.”

(Psalm 146:3, 4) 3 Do not put your trust in princes Nor in a son of man, who cannot bring salvation. 4 His spirit goes out, he returns to the ground; On that very day his thoughts perish.

(Ecclesiastes 3:19, 20) 19 for there is an outcome for humans and an outcome for animals; they all have the same outcome. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit. So man has no superiority over animals, for everything is futile. 20 All are going to the same place. They all come from the dust, and they all are returning to the dust.

If that is correct, what about this?
(Ecclesiastes 12:7) Then the dust returns to the earth, just as it was, and the spirit returns to the true God who gave it.

Can we not trust the Bible's clear, simple, and evidently truthful answers.
Of course, if we are seeking answers that appeal to our desires, as opposed to answers that have the ring of truth, it does put us in trouble, doesn't it?
That would be lead to a sad outcome. (John 4:23, 24; 8:31, 32; 44)

nPeace.If ghosts are really demons and not the spirits of dead people.Do you think they can haunt a whole town?And haunt every house back and forth?

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
It depends upon their contract. The negotiations are usually quite spirited. And each contract starts afresh - no resurrecting old grievances.

Entities can invade your sleep and make you think about plastic. This is known as Lucite dreaming. They can also induce intestinal gas that leaves the body through a rear orifice and leaves a residual path of fetid air.This is known as as$ trail projection.