• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about divination

Frank Goad

I did alittel bit of it when i was doing astral projection.But that could of been demons messing with me.:(

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Can people who do divination through lucid dreaming or astral projection hurt you?:confused:I am not sure.
There is a reason why God said don't mess with divination. Just remember that the name of Jesus is more powerful in any circumstance (I speak as a Christian--someone else may view it differently)

Frank Goad

Thanks for the info everyone.When you do astral projection divination.What is really happening?Is it just demons messing with your mind?:confused:

Baladas

An Págánach
Can people who do divination through lucid dreaming or astral projection hurt you?:confused:I am not sure.

No, I don't think so.

I did alittel bit of it when i was doing astral projection.But that could of been demons messing with me.:(

Please don't allow yourself to go down this paranoid road.
Your mind is your own.

Don't let other people scare you with tales of "demons".
I thought this way for years, and I was extremely unhappy and unhealthy.

It drove me half insane, and my anxiety levels were through the roof.

Blessings

Ellen Brown

There is a reason why God said don't mess with divination. Just remember that the name of Jesus is more powerful in any circumstance (I speak as a Christian--someone else may view it differently)

I forgot what the Old Testament calls divination?

Ellen Brown

divination.

Hope this helps. (;
:) There are other words for it. I haven't messed with it because I believe that were it not for the protection of God, satan could make life much worse, so I do not wish to attract attention. I think messing about in such things is unwise.

:) There are other words for it. I haven't messed with it because I believe that were it not for the protection of God, satan could make life much worse, so I do not wish to attract attention. I think messing about in such things is unwise.
Unwise and a distraction, IMO.

In peace

GoodbyeDave

I'm not going to be silly enough to deny that hostile spirits exist: there's too much evidence and it would be rash to assume all spiritual beings like humans! But very, very few people have any contact with them. If you leave them alone, they will leave you alone, and only people with psychological problems to start with are likely to be vulnerable to them. Any religion worth a light offers adequate protection.

I'm not familiar with the use of astral projection or lucid dreaming in the context of divination. Of course, astral projection can be used for going somewhere to check up on something — St Philip Neri was famous for it — but I don't think that's what you meant.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
divination
[ˌdivəˈnāSH(ə)n]
NOUN
  1. the practice of seeking knowledge of the future or the unknown by supernatural means.

I don't see why you should be concerned about them hurting you.

PS But if they try anything on you Frank, I'll beat their butts